Queen Elizabeth II, longest-reigning British monarch, dead at 96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

So they will be in the procession from the Entry of the Cathedral to the Abbey.

That's still an impressive thing to ask a 7 year old to do. Big cathedral. Full of people. Tense atmosphere.

Princess Charlotte is just the 7 year old to do it.

Last edited:
It is a big ask of George & Charlotte. They will always remember having done their duty, which is an honor to both their Grannie & the Monarchy.

I wish the whole family well on what will be a very difficult day in the public gaze again.

So far they have been amazing & inspiring, as have the people queueing. A credit to Her Majesty & her unwaveringly wonderful example. Hope in a shaky world.
MOO

Last edited:

Yes Princess Charlotte strikes me as fearless. It’s George I’m more concerned about. But I guess we have to remember that these kids have been up close to the public during walkabouts, with people touching and hugging, so they are somewhat used to being in various situations.
ETA—Not that I approve of letting the public touch Charlotte and George…it undermines body autonomy that we are encouraged to teach our kid.

Last edited:

That's still an impressive thing to ask a 7 year old to do. Big cathedral. Full of people. Tense atmosphere.

You would think they would take a lesson from their own childhood on this.

With William now Prince of Wales, these children need to learn ‘the scripts’ and duties of being a Monarch.

We will be seeing a lot more of them, now that grannie has died.

King Charles will not have a long kingship, like his mother, so time to get the training started at grannies State Funeral.

A portrait just released by Buckingham Palace Full of joy and beauty. It brings me to tears of admiration and sadness to gaze at it.

She is wearing the beautiful aquamarine brooches given to her on her 18th birthday by her parents, King George VI and Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.

1663543563229.png

Last edited:
With William now Prince of Wales, these children need to learn ‘the scripts’ and duties of being a Monarch.

We will be seeing a lot more of them, now that grannie has died.

King Charles will not have a long kingship, like his mother, so time to get the training started at grannies State Funeral.
I'm willing to bet if their nerves get the better of them, some hand holding will take place with their parents or sibling. Perfectly understandable. JMO

You would think they would take a lesson from their own childhood on this.
@Stunned I'm not sure if you're referring to what William and Harry went through with following their mother's coffin?

If you are, in my opinion it's really quite different.

That was their own mother. She was only 36 and Diana's death was a sudden, shocking and unexpected tragedy.

The Queen was 96, and to George and Charlotte was a great-grandmother. Of course they will feel pain and loss, but IMO it's very different than what William and Harry endured.

If that's not what you meant, then never mind! lol

Just tuned in to the live BBC coverage of the queue & saw the last of the mourners pay their respects. It has been an amazing thing to watch on and off over the last few days.

She gave her last full measure of devotion to her people.

"I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong." - Queen Elizabeth II

God Save the King

I think that this will be the end of extended family holidays. King Charles has wanted to cut down the extended royal family, and numerous properties owned by the crown. Probably for the best.

The closest I ever came to even seeing the Queen was at a Kentucky horse farm she visited in 1984. I was working as personal secretary to the farm owner's daughter (back when my grammar, punctuation and brain all worked in unison, lol) Best gig I ever had, btw. The only thing the Queen and I actually shared was a large area of horse farm air space... but that's something, right? ;)

The closest I ever came to even seeing the Queen was at a Kentucky horse farm she visited in 1984. I was working as personal secretary to the farm owner's daughter (back when my grammar, punctuation and brain all worked in unison, lol) Best gig I ever had, btw. The only thing the Queen and I actually shared was a large area of horse farm air space... but that's something, right? ;)
Cool story! So close....and yet....

Wish I could report seeing Her Majesty in person! My surname is widely known in England so we could have hung out at an eponymous pub if my family hadn't immigrated West oh, so long ago ;@)

I think that's 3:00 am your time? If you're in the Pacific time zone?

I think it’s so that you can watch the 2,00O guests arrive, east coast time for North America.

They start arriving at 8 am BST, the funeral is at 11 BST. (6 am EDT)

We will get up, log on around 5ish, make a cuppa and take it from there.

If we fall asleep, it will be on YouTube for quite some time.

My biggest concern is that our wifi won’t hold, lots of ‘loading’, circles etc.

Lets pray that they have a very safe, somber but fabulous funeral for the best Queen ever.

Good luck to all who are going to watch from afar!

I think it’s so that you can watch the 2,00O guests arrive, east coast time for North America.

They start arriving at 8 am BST, the funeral is at 11 BST. (6 am EDT)

We will get up, log on around 5ish, make a cuppa and take it from there.

If we fall asleep, it will be on YouTube for quite some time.

My biggest concern is that our wifi won’t hold, lots of ‘loading’, circles etc.

Lets pray that they have a very safe, somber but fabulous funeral for the best Queen ever.

Good luck to all who are going to watch from afar!

Several times watching the Lying-in-state for Her Majesty, I've seen someone in the line and thought, "That looks just like me"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member