Question for mods

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone started the same type of question here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70132

It's going to get messy with lots of threads with the same topic because General Discussion was shut down. Members aren't going to see this thread or the other thread and will be starting their own threads .... messy, messy, messy. Bad day for the board for sure!

So where do we go? This is sad. I like talking to all of you and now I have no idea where to go?:eek:

Add me to the confused. I saw brainstorming as to how to get more searchers out to work with TES...not sure how that is off topic or in the wrong thread.

I am not understanding this at all. I totally think that unfounded rumors, name calling, swearing, or anything like that needs to be controlled.
And I understand that if everyone is off topic, it makes the boards very very messy.
But today I am having a very hard time with Thread after Thread being summarily closed with no explanation...and then not being allowed to open a new general one.
This website would not exist without loyal posters and I feel kind of like a grade schooler getting censored...with no care or explanation.
If I said too much and am given a time out....that would be anti-american as i have voiced my dismay very respectfully. I truly would question my freedom of speech. I don't like being a part of censorship with a heavy hand.

I have the right to respectfully voice my opinion and should not get timed out or kicked out for it. So here it is...

There's another thread entitle Question for Mods. Windchime answered on that one but I am still not clear on what the problem was for the last general thread. I even went back to read all the posts on those 5 pages.

I went back and read them too. I don't understand. The thread that Windchime answered on still confuses me and that thread was then closed also.

There's another thread entitle Question for Mods. Windchime answered on that one but I am still not clear on what the problem was for the last general thread. I even went back to read all the posts on those 5 pages.
Do you have a link I looked once, maybe it got combined. Thanks.

I did not understand the shut down either.

It was a conversation about how few were helping TES. Then posters began to develop ideas to get more help. Yes, I think NG was mentioned once or twice, but not in a deep way. There was not a general discussion about NG going on over there.

So, if I had a pertinent thought that involved something that has it's own thread, I would have to stop and go to that other thread--even if it developed from the general discussion going on???

Gee, it is so confusing.

I just hope posters from the last thread are not beating up on themselves too much at this point.

I was reading along and didn't see or read any kind of thing wrong and then the giant big red admonishment and banging head. Then a respectful request for clarification then Bam shut down. JMO. We are reminded on a daily basis that we are adults and should treat each other as such, I do, I respect every person on WS, but I do wish the Mods would in turn give us the same courtesy, at least, tell us why the thread is being closed. What was the violation.

i am not understanding this at all. I totally think that unfounded rumors, name calling, swearing, or anything like that needs to be controlled.
And i understand that if everyone is off topic, it makes the boards very very messy.
But today i am having a very hard time with thread after thread being summarily closed with no explanation...and then not being allowed to open a new general one.
This website would not exist without loyal posters and i feel kind of like a grade schooler getting censored...with no care or explanation.
If i said too much and am given a time out....that would be anti-american as i have voiced my dismay very respectfully. I truly would question my freedom of speech. I don't like being a part of censorship with a heavy hand.

I have the right to respectfully voice my opinion and should not get timed out or kicked out for it. So here it is...
much respect to you!

I think it is inevitable that NG or whomever is going to come up in the general discussion threads. I see no need to leave the general discussion to post one comment or maybe two, in the NG thread. Now, if there were pages and pages all of a sudden all about NG, then heck yeah, move to the proper thread but I haven't seen anything that drastic happening that would call for closing the general discussion threads. It is apparent that many people, including myself, really enjoy the general disussions!

It's almost easier to track the case without a general discussion thread imo. We cannot resurrect old discussion because threads cannot be bumped once the threads are closed down. Then when people try and discuss something that has been hashed out by some on the old discussion threads, we get a bit of a hard time because the topic has been covered on the discussion thread.
If people take the time to search for old topics and bump for discussion then old posts are not lost and those that are interested in a topic can discuss if they like.
I don;t think we had general discussion thread in Laci and we covered that case very well. The idea of a forum is to break out and discuss otherwise we might as well just have one thread for discussion.
I support any format admin chooses, but not having a general discussion thread can really help people that come in and out and cannot be here all the time.
jmho of course.

ETA: I should add that I have not been around much today so i don;t know about other threads being closed except a goodbye thread and I understand that.

General Discussion thread is just that general, when one wants to talk about Nancy Grace there is a NG thread to post on, if one wants to talk about Tim Miller and the search please go to that thread. If one wants to chit chat then go to the chit chat thread. JBean has said it perfectly. We are not being rude that is why we opened a forum so that members should spread out and organize information other wise we could of just left Caylee's case in the missing/located forum and just had the general discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela