Question: Was the exterior of the car washed and when?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I do not think that George cleaning the car is unusual. I would want the car clean too, especially if I was planning on taking it back and either myself or spouse drive it. However, if he suspected foul play, then he should have known better than to clean it up. I am not saying he did this intentionally, but with his background in LE, he should have known better. I am sure that he washed it up on his way home or as soon as he got home. I seem to remember him saying that he got home after Lee and Cindy where there and Cindy was crying in the garage. So, if all of this took place on the same day, which I understand that it did, then George probably cleaned it and gassed it up right after he picked it up.

First let me say since theres been some confusion, I know that the poster does not believe Casey ran somebody over. Perhaps at the time the gps were under that assumption. Now..
Let me say that I too thought it strange the car was so nice and shiny in the pictures. Especially because given the "pizza story" I had the impression that Casey might not be the most responsible person with leaving trash and rotting pizza in her car. Surely, if this were true, she would have smelled the pizza long before she "ran out of gas" or before it rotted to the point it attracted flies and maggots.

I do believe at some point gps cleaned the car.

Thank you. I just can't get over the fact how clean that car looks. I always wash my car and I never get to get my tires to look so spotless. And I do like my car clean.

I also wonder if there is a testimony that hasn't been leaked yet about neighbours seeing them cleaning/washing the car. Because as we saw the Anthony's house they could have only cleaned it either in front of the garage or inside the garage. There was no other way to put the car in the back of their yard. And when?? they washed the car is really important. I mean George washed it when he brought it back from the tow yard? Or after the 911 calls? I think it would have been difficult to wash it after the 911 calls even though the police hadn't collected the car for a couple of days. Still there was police coming in and out of their house, taking Casey with them to various locations to find the child. So I find it difficult to believe they were so bold to wash the car while police could be on their doorstep any second of the day.

I strongly believe that grandparents having experience of Casey's behaviors in the far past and in the recent past - the lying, the stealing, the irresponsible behavior, the strange behaviors - thought Casey was responsible for another crime regarding that car. And they proceeded with cleaning up the mess before they got a hold of her.

Who gets busy to make a car spotless in the midst of finding out your daughter is not vacationing in another city like she said but is right there in your city, she had abandoned her car and you have to go to a tow yard and pay money to retrieve the car back. You open the car and it smells awful and the tow yard employee even comments on what kind of smell that is. And then you take the car home and clean it while you are trying to locate the daughter on the phone and your grandaughter?

By the way a part of that story is missing. We know Cindy contacted Amy to get her to Casey. What we don't know yet is did Cindy called Casey? Did she called and Casey did not pick up or did she call and Casey refuse to tell her where she is? I mean the first logical step is to pick up the phone and call Casey. Only if you cannot reach her you go through the papers in the car to discover another way to find her=Amy. So it is interesting to see if the grandparents were calling Casey and she was not picking up the phone or she did pick up the phone but refused to tell them where she was.

You expressed my thoughts almost exactly. Also, remember when Grandma Cindy called Amy (while Amy was at the mall) Cindy said to Amy that Casey could likely be in trouble and mentions the police! Cindy could not wait--she even drove all the way to the mall to pick Amy up from the mall! In my opinion, the grandparents were involved in a coverup. Maybe they weren't sure what they were covering (Caylee vs. another person) but they were covering! Who deleted the pictures of Caylee at the nursing home (from the computers or the memory card)? Why in the world would they do that? I understand Jessie said *Casey* deleted over 200 photos of Caylee from Casey's Myspace (which Casey could accomplish on any computer). However, how did the pictures from JUNE 15 get deleted?
Hmmmm...

So many sleuthers bring up alot of valid points from different angles ... I seriously think my head is going to explode ... I do agree that LE is not stating everything they've got and rightfully so. Until (and if) Caylee's body is recovered we may never have all the answers. Then again this may be one of those cases where everyone's left scratching their heads asking "why?!?".

Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly. I am not saying an accident happened, no I don't believe that for a second, I am only theorizing whether THE GRANDPARENTS thought an accident happened with the car and began cleaning it. I don't subscribe to the theory they knew for the get go that something happened to Caylee. They wouldn't have handled it the way they did with the 911 calls and George getting the police officer aside and telling him that his daughter is a liar. That is not what people who cover a crime regarding their child do.

But I do believe they thought Cayse was involved in something illegal or was in trouble and washed that car and evidence in the car. If the car smelled so badly, the tow yard guy told about this, Cindy told about this in 911 call, cadaver dogs hit on the trunk, isn't it amazing that the police only found some hairs and had to do air-test to confirm decomposition? How could the car smell so badly but not many physical evidence?

I wonder whether the tow guy told the police in what condition the exterior of the car was? Was it muddy or really dirty outside? That is something if I was the LE I would want to know if I believe people altered evidence. After all from the 400 page documents the LE say Cindy revealed to them she washed pants found in the car much later in the investigation. Did Cindy revealed that because she was afraid the tow yard guy might have noticed items in the car and told police? In interviews she says she told the police from the first day but LE has a very different version for when Cindy told them that.

The car will be the number one evidence in this case and in the trial. Not just the physical evidence in the car, but the whereabouts of the car, who washed the car, who took things out of the car and when.

Here's the scenario (my opinion with known facts):

The grandparents had not seen Casey since June 15th (shouting heard by neighbors), June 16th or June 24th (according to George). Allegedly, they had not seen their granddaughter since June 15th or June 16th according to whomever's story you believe. It is July 15 and they finally get off their duffs and go to the tow yard to pick up a car they have received notification on a few days before (we don't know if they missed their notifications). They go up therw and realize (or are told) that the car is out of gas. George goes and gets a gas can in order to fill up the empty Sunfire. Cindy argues with the impound people about the price of the tow. George walks back to the car with the impound guy telling him that he hasn't seen his daughter in a month and that she won't let him see his granddaughter. George apologizes for Cindy. This is overheard by another employee smoking a cigarette. The impound guy and George open the car/trunk and the impound guy proclaims, "THAT'S ROTTEN". George makes no comment (gears are likely spinning). George at some point fuels the Sunfire and drives it home, with the windows rolled down and his head hanging out the window due to the SMELL. Now I believe Cindy and George both check out the car and clean it up! We know Cindy thought it "smelled like their was a body in the d*mn car" and that she went in there and found Amy's phone number. We know Cindy washed the clothes.

The Sunfire was owned by George Anthony (or Cindy Anthony) maybe they were covering their OWN butts if they thought a crime had been committed with their car!!!!!

Sorry if I didn't explain myself correctly. I am not saying an accident happened, no I don't believe that for a second, I am only theorizing whether THE GRANDPARENTS thought an accident happened with the car and began cleaning it. I don't subscribe to the theory they knew for the get go that something happened to Caylee. They wouldn't have handled it the way they did with the 911 calls and George getting the police officer aside and telling him that his daughter is a liar. That is not what people who cover a crime regarding their child do.

But I do believe they thought Cayse was involved in something illegal or was in trouble and washed that car and evidence in the car. If the car smelled so badly, the tow yard guy told about this, Cindy told about this in 911 call, cadaver dogs hit on the trunk, isn't it amazing that the police only found some hairs and had to do air-test to confirm decomposition? How could the car smell so badly but not many physical evidence?

I wonder whether the tow guy told the police in what condition the exterior of the car was? Was it muddy or really dirty outside? That is something if I was the LE I would want to know if I believe people altered evidence. After all from the 400 page documents the LE say Cindy revealed to them she washed pants found in the car much later in the investigation. Did Cindy revealed that because she was afraid the tow yard guy might have noticed items in the car and told police? In interviews she says she told the police from the first day but LE has a very different version for when Cindy told them that.

The car will be the number one evidence in this case and in the trial. Not just the physical evidence in the car, but the whereabouts of the car, who washed the car, who took things out of the car and when.

Here's the scenario (my opinion with known facts):

The grandparents had not seen Casey since June 15th (shouting heard by neighbors), June 16th or June 24th (according to George). Allegedly, they had not seen their granddaughter since June 15th or June 16th according to whomever's story you believe. It is July 15 and they finally get off their duffs and go to the tow yard to pick up a car they have received notification on a few days before (we don't know if they missed their notifications). They go up therw and realize (or are told) that the car is out of gas. George goes and gets a gas can in order to fill up the empty Sunfire. Cindy argues with the impound people about the price of the tow. George walks back to the car with the impound guy telling him that he hasn't seen his daughter in a month and that she won't let him see his granddaughter. George apologizes for Cindy. This is overheard by another employee smoking a cigarette. The impound guy and George open the car/trunk and the impound guy proclaims, "THAT'S ROTTEN". George makes no comment (gears are likely spinning). George at some point fuels the Sunfire and drives it home, with the windows rolled down and his head hanging out the window due to the SMELL. Now I believe Cindy and George both check out the car and clean it up! We know Cindy thought it "smelled like their was a body in the d*mn car" and that she went in there and found Amy's phone number. We know Cindy washed the clothes.

The Sunfire was owned by George Anthony (or Cindy Anthony) maybe they were covering their OWN butts if they thought a crime had been committed with their car!!!!! To be more specific, if you hit someone with your car and leave the scene of an accident (just for example) a plaintiff will also go after the driver and the OWNER of a car. I know the car did not have damage but they could have been covering their own *sses on this one.

Cindy just washed that car ans everything in it...
really well by the looks of it?

I believe whole heartedly that both Cindy and George suspected foul play. George never said a single word (according to the 400 pg report) when the impound guy mentioned that the car smelled like a suicide in another vehicle. It was also reported that the trunk was fairly clean, which I found interesting, yet it stunk so bad that he held his head out of the window to drive it home.

These are things that you just don't ignore when you pick up your missing daughter's abandoned car! I don't know who they initially thought could have been dead in that car, but they both knew it was the smell of death!

Cindy immediately went into cleaning mode BEFORE she found Casey.
George searched their back yard.
George went to work as if nothing happened but called Lee over to check on his mother.
Now the car is noted as looking spiffy and shining like a new penny.

Yes, there is something wrong with this picture. I know grief and denial and it doesn't include covering up a potential crime, regardless of who's decaying body they thought they smelled. I believe the reality hit Cindy that the smell of death was possibly Caylee the night Casey said Caylee had been missing.

It's just not feasible to wash a car spotless and shine the tires when your grand daughter is missing and the car you're cleaning smells like death. Not feasible at all.

Noway- thank you for clearing that up, I guess it wouldnt be possible for his car to have been involved if it was fixed on the 9th of June. (why is that date always coming up? lol)

The pathologists and autopsy examiners have made clear that the stench of cadaverine and putrine and other decomposition elements is so pervasive and powerful that it escapes from plastic sacks and other packaging. Even if there was no other physical evidence in the trunk, the Tennessee Body Farm analyzed samples of the foul air and identified it as air contaminated by a body decomposing. The odor endures over long periods as well.

There is no way that George, having been a police officer, did not know what the smell was. It is obvious to me that they "cleaned up" a crime scene. I have felt all along that G and C know way more than they are telling and this is just further "proof".

Would be interesting to know for sure that the car was washed, who washed it and at who's direction.

Would be interesting to know for sure that the car was washed, who washed it and at who's direction.

and when? when is important as well.

Also TheOnly1 brought forward how when Cindy called Amy to help her locate Casey, Cindy told her that Casey could be in trouble and indeed mentioned the word police!!! Like TheOnly1 when I was reading those 400 page documents I found it very very strange. Why did Cindy said Casey might be in trouble and the police might be involved when she knew nothing yet about a Zanny having the baby? At the moment she was just looking for Casey after they had collected the car.

This is why I am saying what made them think Casey was in trouble with the police and why did they cleaned the car? What made them think that? What was the car like or what did they find in the car or what else did they know to be cleaning and washing things and thinking Casey was in trouble? I mean at THAT MOMENT the only thing going on was that their irresponsible daughter just run out of gaz and left the car to be towed. Why all the drama?

and when? when is important as well.

Also TheOnly1 brought forward how when Cindy called Amy to help her locate Casey, Cindy told her that Casey could be in trouble and indeed mentioned the word police!!! Like TheOnly1 when I was reading those 400 page documents I found it very very strange. Why did Cindy said Casey might be in trouble and the police might be involved when she knew nothing yet about a Zanny having the baby? At the moment she was just looking for Casey after they had collected the car.

This is why I am saying what made them think Casey was in trouble with the police and why did they cleaned the car? What made them think that? What was the car like or what did they find in the car or what else did they know to be cleaning and washing things and thinking Casey was in trouble? I mean at THAT MOMENT the only thing going on was that their irresponsible daughter just run out of gaz and left the car to be towed. Why all the drama?

I have no idea why they would have cleaned the car other than a cover up. I am also not sure of the timeline as far as the pick up of the sunfire and when Cindy contacted and picked Amy up, but, it's possible that she was telling Amy that Casey may be in trouble with the police because of the stealing of the money from the GGP's. IIRC that what what she was intially reporting; stealing a car and money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg
Back