Questioning JonBenet's Hairstyle

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
rashomon said:
But would that automticall be a proof that she had been abducted from her bed? Doesn't it take a little more than to put one's child in a nightgown to stage a convincing scene.

Lou Smit's theory would still have had lots of holes. How would he bring together a political kidnapping for ransom scenario in the RN note with an erotic asphyxiation scenario? Smit has never been able to put this together, because it can't be put together. This is also the reason why Smit hardly ever mentioned the ransom note.

rashomon,

I agree its not proof, but its a lot more convincing than wearing her white gap top, and longjohns which require a parental statement explaining this away.

The vast majority of people lean towards the theory either that JonBenet's death was the result of an accident or a crazed intruder. There remains the possibility that she was deliberately murdered!

Wearing the barbie-gown is a confirming factor in the intruder theory and possibly less so in the accident theory, especially if you assume toilet rage, since the barbie-gown may have had no urine staining, thereby removing this factor.

dingo said:
If Patsy changed that child from velvet pants into longjohns...how in the hell didnt she notice what bloomies JB was wearing...seems to me the knickers would slide down with the velvet pants... then have to be hitched back up in order to put the longjohns on..we know Patsy had selective memory with all her half finished sentences and useless interviews...but not being able to recall her daughters underwear that night is beyond belief.
Whoops sorry guys I went of topic

dingo,

Sure and assuming some basic common sense she probably would not elect to dress her so, staged or otherwise.

So here is a hint there is more to JonBenet's death than meets the eye.

rashomon said:
I'd like to have that question answered too. For imo it would more point to an elaborate staging, to make it appear as if an intruder had abducted an already asleep JB from her bed. And I believe that the Ramseys wanted to do just that: they probably had that last minute thought to put her in the nightgown, went down into the wine cellar, but saw that rigor mortis had already set in, which is why the garment could not be put on JB anymore.
And considering the state of panic they must have been in, they probably left behind the nightgown in the cellar by accident.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The nightgown is seriously confusing me.

rashomom,
If the body was in rigor so badly that the nightgown could not have been put on the body easily, do you think that the washing of the body and redressing it would have been difficult too? (Or are you saying her nightclothes were never removed to wash her entire body, instead, her night clothes were just pulled down or up in order to wash certain parts of her body???

Also, could someone answer these questions for me about the nightgown?

Was it a well known fact that the Barbie nightgown found with the body was JBR's favorite?

Who said the nightgown was JBR's favorite, Nedra or the housekeeper?

~~~And then in interview when PR was asked specifically about the nightgown didn't PR answer that she didn't feel JBR had a "favorite" and then do the "Oh...Ummm..." thing and say, 'Well, there was the one that she took to pagents.' (Or did my "oldtimer's brain" just invent that happening???)~~~

If the housekeeper knew the nightgown was a favorite of JBR's and if Patsy knew the housekeeper knew about it being JBR's favorite, then couldn't the nightgown have been part of the staging to make it look as if the housekeeper did the crime???

Honibugs said:
I was wondering if it was a wig or if they dyed JonBenet's hair blonde, because in some pictures of her, her hair looks light brown. Unless her hair naturally turned blonde the older she got.
Her hair was dyed blonde. I've seen younger photos of JB when she was about 4, and she was a brunette.

LinasK said:
Her hair was dyed blonde. I've seen younger photos of JB when she was about 4, and she was a brunette.
One can aslo clearly see that JB's hair was is dyed blonde in the autopsy picture of the back of her neck. And didn't the autopsy report mention the dyed hair too (I'm no quite sure about that)?

angelwngs said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rashomom,
If the body was in rigor so badly that the nightgown could not have been put on the body easily, do you think that the washing of the body and redressing it would have been difficult too? (Or are you saying her nightclothes were never removed to was her entire body, instead, her night clothes were just pulled down or up in order to wash certain parts of her body???

Also, could someone answer these questions for me about the nightgown?

Was it a well known fact that the Barbie nightgown found with the body was JBR's favorite?

Who said the nightgown was JBR's favorite, Nedra or the housekeeper?

~~~And then in interview when PR was asked specifically about the nightgown didn't PR answer that she didn't feel JBR had a "favorite" and then do the "Oh...Ummm..." thing and say, 'Well, there was the one that she took to pagents.' (Or did my "oldtimer's brain" just invent that happening???)~~~

If it the housekeeper knew the nightgown was a favorite of JBR's and if Patsy knew the housekeeper knew about it being JBR's favorite, then couldn't the nightgown have been part of the staging to make it look as if the housekeeper did the crime???

angelwngs,

The nightgown is simple, its either part of the staging or has arrived there by accident. Now you can rule out the latter, given the perpetrators zeal to remove any implicating evidence, e.g. flashlight, if the barbie gown was not meant to be there, then since the perp has to leave the wine-cellar then taking with him is no big deal?

JonBenet should have been redressed in that barbie-gown, it complements the notion of a bedtime abduction, JonBenet being discovered dressed half in day-clothes and half in night-clothes does not immediately reflect a nighttime abduction.

The staging appears staggered since it appears that the size-12's were placed on her after she was wiped down, since the blood spots on her underwear do not match any bloodied part of her genitalia! So the blood spots seem to be seepage after being wiped down.

Initially JonBenet may have been indecently posed as part of a staged sexual assault.

This was then revised to become part of the ransom note scenario, but an interesting question is although her original size-6 underwear would have been stained with blood, would any other of her clothing be similarly stained, it seems remarkable given the nature of her assault, there is so litttle blood at the crime scene?

Also there is no urine stains inside the wine-cellar, which suggests to me that she was initially cleaned up upstairs?

Also she may have been wearing socks, whilst in the wine-cellar, but had these removed.

UKGuy said:
angelwngs,

The nightgown is simple, its either part of the staging or has arrived there by accident. Now you can rule out the latter, given the perpetrators zeal to remove any implicating evidence, e.g. flashlight, if the barbie gown was not meant to be there, then since the perp has to leave the wine-cellar then taking with him is no big deal?

JonBenet should have been redressed in that barbie-gown, it complements the notion of a bedtime abduction, JonBenet being discovered dressed half in day-clothes and half in night-clothes does not immediately reflect a nighttime abduction.

The staging appears staggered since it appears that the size-12's were placed on her after she was wiped down, since the blood spots on her underwear do not match any bloodied part of her genitalia! So the blood spots seem to be seepage after being wiped down.

Initially JonBenet may have been indecently posed as part of a staged sexual assault.

This was then revised to become part of the ransom note scenario, but an interesting question is although her original size-6 underwear would have been stained with blood, would any other of her clothing be similarly stained, it seems remarkable given the nature of her assault, there is so litttle blood at the crime scene?

Also there is no urine stains inside the wine-cellar, which suggests to me that she was initially cleaned up upstairs?

Also she may have been wearing socks, whilst in the wine-cellar, but had these removed.

OK, Thank you. Your explaination actually makes total sense, something that is very rare in this case!

angelwngs said:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

rashomom,
If the body was in rigor so badly that the nightgown could not have been put on the body easily, do you think that the washing of the body and redressing it would have been difficult too? (Or are you saying her nightclothes were never removed to wash her entire body, instead, her night clothes were just pulled down or up in order to wash certain parts of her body???
I believe that the thought of dressing JB in the nightgown occurred to the Ramseys very late, i. e. when JB's body had already been in the wine cellar long enough for rigor mortis to have begun. And I think the person who wanted to put he nightgown on her, when realizing it couldn't be done anymore, accidentally left it behind in the cellar in her confusion.

rashomon said:
I believe that the thought of dressing JB in the nightgown occurred to the Ramseys very late, i. e. when JB's body had already been in the wine cellar long enough for rigor mortis to have begun. And I think the person who wanted to put he nightgown on her, when realizing it couldn't be done anymore, accidentally left it behind in the cellar in her confusion.
Ahhhh, I see. Thank You, kindly for explaining.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back