*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't see many of that make and model at all. I've been looking for them since it happened but only spy a few here and there.

Me too!! (I haven't noticed "a lot")
Trucks and SUV's are all over the place here, but a white king cab truck like that do not seem like something I see predominantly, and when I do see trucks, especially the extended/king cab type they seem IMO to be mostly black...

Of course you always notice vehicles the same as yours, or maybe even the same color.. at least I do..

Kind of like when you are pregnant, you notice every pregnant woman out there (and every skinny one too! lol) well, hopefully you know what I mean =)

I'm in So Or. near where TH lives now, there are TONS of F250 King cabs, and for some reason unbeknownst to me there are a lot of white pick ups period. I even had a conversation with my hubby once, as to why there are so many white pick ups.

Does anyone remember a story about Hoyt Arboretum and a transient being shot by police in March this year? It turns out that the lady who Terri met at the FM was present in the park and made the news months before everythin happened with Kyron. Article: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/03/second_fatal_portland_police_s.html

Hoyt Arboretum is a short turn off of Skyline Boulevard when it become W. Burnside Rd. I suppose it's just a coincidence that this woman was indirectly involved in some big news stories this year in the Portland area. I wonder if Terri had been here before or DeDe? The area of the park is just south of the area where video and photo footage was requested by LE on June 12th. LE wanted video/photos from several areas from June 3rd and 4th.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8....715697&spn=0.007037,0.01929&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Here is a link to Kyron's official website with downloadable and printable posters. There are some very good tips for those who think they might have run into a child that could be Kyron. Please pass this onto friends/family/anyone who could post a few flyers. I just visited PDX area last weekend and I did not see a single flyer in any of the places we frequented both North and South areas of PDX

http://www.bringkyronhome.org/

Does anyone remember a story about Hoyt Arboretum and a transient being shot by police in March this year? It turns out that the lady who Terri met at the FM was present in the park and made the news months before everythin happened with Kyron. Article: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/03/second_fatal_portland_police_s.html

Hoyt Arboretum is a short turn off of Skyline Boulevard when it become W. Burnside Rd. I suppose it's just a coincidence that this woman was indirectly involved in some big news stories this year in the Portland area. I wonder if Terri had been here before or DeDe? The area of the park is just south of the area where video and photo footage was requested by LE on June 12th. LE wanted video/photos from several areas from June 3rd and 4th.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8....715697&spn=0.007037,0.01929&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A

Thank you for providing this info! It has been nagging at me since it was first posted that she said she had been involved in two incidents since her recent arrival in Portland.

--- snipped ---
It turns out that the lady who Terri met at the FM was present in the park and made the news months before everythin happened with Kyron.
--- snipped ---

Hi Matou,

Can you help me? I haven't read for a few days... Terri "met a lady" at the FM? I haven't read that yet. Can you point me to something where I can read about it?

Wow...now that's a coincidence for sure. Good catch! I do remember this story but didn't remember the details. Very strange that she's involved in both stories. Just for clarification though, I wouldn't describe Hoyt Arboretum as a close distance to Skyline School. If you come down Skyline to Burnside, mapquest puts it at 28 minutes...it's a curvy drive. I guess it's all relative though.

Hi Matou,

Can you help me? I haven't read for a few days... Terri "met a lady" at the FM? I haven't read that yet. Can you point me to something where I can read about it?

Hi Wrinkles...there is a thread about a witness at the Grand Jury who saw Terri at FM that day. Here ya go...happy reading!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111713"]KOIN 08.13.2010; interview with gj witness who met Terri the day Kyron disappeared - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Does anyone know if there were any guests at the fair to speak to classes or give demonstrations? Any student teachers or interns present that day (either working or coming in to help out, or even just visiting to see what the kids had done for the fair)?

Hello everyone! :grouphug:

I am in Portland today. Freefallzzzz took me on a tour of the sites in Kyron's case. The Wall of Hope caused me to cry. I wish each of you could go there yourselves...it is quite moving!!!

I'll be sharing pictures of the places we visited sometime tomorrow when I get home.

Please know that Grandmaj and Daisy7 are doing overtime for me right now and I don't know what any of us would do without them! :blowkiss:

More tomorrow! Love to all!

Hello everyone! :grouphug:

I am in Portland today. Freefallzzzz took me on a tour of the sites in Kyron's case. The Wall of Hope caused me to cry. I wish each of you could go there yourselves...it is quite moving!!!

I'll be sharing pictures of the places we visited sometime tomorrow when I get home.

Please know that Grandmaj and Daisy7 are doing overtime for me right now and I don't know what any of us would do without them! :blowkiss:

More tomorrow! Love to all!

oh Hi there Kimster-in-Portland-with-Freefallzzzz! :wave:

I am sooooo happy to know that you're with Freefallzzzz! And that you have met eachother!!!! I'm so wishing I could be with you guys.

Also happy to hear you got to see Kyron's Wall of Hope before they have to move it.

Can't wait to see your pictures. Safe travels & here's a big :blowkiss: and :grouphug: from us to both of you!

:praying: for Kyron

I would greatly appreciate knowing exactly where to send donations, who actually receives the money, and how it is spent for any searches for Kyron. I would love to make a contribution to search efforts but want precise information I've indicated. Perhaps someone local can do some "sleuthing" for your WS colleagues and provide details. Many thanks!

Can anyone tell me the age to obtain an Oregon drivers license?

ETA Oops, never mind, it's 16- got my Googler unkinked! Thanks

I would greatly appreciate knowing exactly where to send donations, who actually receives the money, and how it is spent for any searches for Kyron. I would love to make a contribution to search efforts but want precise information I've indicated. Perhaps someone local can do some "sleuthing" for your WS colleagues and provide details. Many thanks!

I'm working on this for you...will let you know after I hear back from my contact and make sure it's still official.

From the link on the MCSO's office site:

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/monetary_donations.pdf

New fund established for Kyron Horman search
Proceeds will offset search costs, help other causes for missing and exploited children

Donations to the fund may be made at any Bank of America branch under the name “Kyron Horman Fund.” This fund has been officially established by the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office; donors choosing to make donations to separate funds do so at their own risk.

From the link on the MCSO's office site:

http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom/monetary_donations.pdf

New fund established for Kyron Horman search
Proceeds will offset search costs, help other causes for missing and exploited children

Donations to the fund may be made at any Bank of America branch under the name “Kyron Horman Fund.” This fund has been officially established by the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office; donors choosing to make donations to separate funds do so at their own risk.

I've seen the website info, and it looks like donations go to MCSO without any guarantee that monies are used specifically for Kyron efforts. I'm looking for a search fund that is directly related to Kyron Horman.

I've seen the website info, and it looks like donations go to MCSO without any guarantee that monies are used specifically for Kyron efforts. I'm looking for a search fund that is directly related to Kyron Horman.

I haven't heard back from my source yet Bette. Very early in the case I had a gal I was corresponding with who was working on donations. Unfortunately, I have a feeling some may have distanced themselves from the case because of how much it spiraled out of control in the media. If she ever responds, I will keep you posted. You could also email MCSO directly and tell them your concerns about wanting your donation to ONLY go to Kyron searches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back