*~* Questions for our locals *~*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another spot for ice cream would be Dairy Queen on Barnes Rd (just take Saltzman south).

This one just had a lovely rant to her husband over lunch about it. :D

I am sure my husband can feel your husband's pain! LOL I know I will get so frustrated and just go off about a case. My husband just sits patiently and nods his head because he has absolutely no idea what I am talking about; but, he knows I need to get it out.

I am just curious what the locals think of situation of kicking out media they didn't like. Reasons people might think the actions were justified. Are locals there as frustrated as I am all the way across the country on the East Coast?

This feels like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I know it will end badly yet I can't tear myself away from it. Kyron has truly touched my heart.

I am sure my husband can feel your husband's pain! LOL I know I will get so frustrated and just go off about a case. My husband just sits patiently and nods his head because he has absolutely no idea what I am talking about; but, he knows I need to get it out.

I am just curious what the locals think of situation of kicking out media they didn't like. Reasons people might think the actions were justified. Are locals there as frustrated as I am all the way across the country on the East Coast?

This feels like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I know it will end badly yet I can't tear myself away from it. Kyron has truly touched my heart.

I'm about 45 minutes away from where this is all going on, so not sure you call it local. However I can't even think of a word to describe how I feel, my good friend and I have been connected to this site from day 1. Maybe it's being a Mom, or maybe it's that it's local, or maybe it's just so many things. However I'm beyond frustrated, angry, confused, sad, heart broken, and so many other things. I think the issue today with the media is a bunch of crap. No matter what the media wanted to print I'd be for it, I'd be up for whatever honestly, and would do whatever it took to get my daughter home. I can't think of a reason why any of these motions since day 1 have been justified! The Oregonian is not a rinky dink paper, like the enquirer or anything, it is THE paper in the Portland area, it's big, been around forever. I know they were worthy enough to know the secret handshake or code to get back in to this so called conference but had they not been I think there would have been some serious backlash. I don't know what's going on with this case, but it's so so much more than just a kidnapping by a stranger or a SO.... I think and fear it's something much more twisted than we can even comprehend!

Oh no... do tell :)

:)
Pretty much this: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5355763&postcount=242"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.07.01 Press Conference[/ame]

Which is kind of dumb.. why should I be so invested? Or outraged for thousands of people I don't know who got invested?
We have such a wonderful, unusual community here in Portland. I really hate to see it abused. All those SAR volunteers for example; they use their personal time to drop everything and go look for you, for me, for Kyron.. we are neighbors, community. IF someone abused that for their pitiful personal gain, well, it's chipping away a piece of my/our self-image (you are getting the expanded version of my rant :D)

For context, we frequently get hikers/climbers stranded on Mt Hood. Some of those same SAR teams invariably go up the mountain, in treacherous conditions to rescue or recover. The outcry over the (taxpayer funded) cost of these searches is always a hot topic but the bottom line is that we ultimately decide that this is how we want to treat each other here. IF, again IF, someone abused that system, they have harmed the search effort for every hiker/climber/recreationalist who goes out from today forward.

And that is one local's opinion-in-the-moment. I haven't resented the silence or confusing messages from LE for a month. I have been firmly in the 'let them do their job' camp. I gave my support for the family members, thought positively, helped as I could. I'm not mad at any of the above now, but I am 10 degrees more cynical than I was this morning. :)

I have been out all day and need to catch up but I'm baffled by this so called "meeting" and can't wrap my head around this whole case. It's getting more and more bizarre by the minute.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me of him! lol

My DH is leaning toward a hoax theory now (he's been firmly Occam's Razor previously).

About the media, curiousgal.. you betcha you're local, btw. We have ONE statewide daily newspaper, The Oregonian. We have an outstanding alternative weekly, Willamette Week. These are not tabloid rags, they're award-winning newspapers that have proved their chops over the years. Someone else wrote it on the head: they let People magazine stay?!
Puh-leese.

There had better be some master plan behind kicking those two out that will make me say "Brilliant!" at the end. Or, or.. Imma gonna throw a hissy! :)

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions. I value your opinions since you are much closer to this situation than I am.

I am sorry if this has already been asked, since I didn't have time to read the whole thread. Have the landfills in the area been checked out? I have heard of other places being searched, but don't believe I have heard anything about the landfills?

NG mentioned dogs hit near a houseboat area.........are houseboats in Sauvie Island?

Sorry if this has already been asked, but anyplace on Sauvie that would attract lots and lots of bees? I see there's a lavendar farm there - anything else like that?

The bee sting allergy info, being released at this late a date, has me curious if there's any significance there...

TIA!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but anyplace on Sauvie that would attract lots and lots of bees? I see there's a lavendar farm there - anything else like that?

The bee sting allergy info, being released at this late a date, has me curious if there's any significance there...

TIA!

Just doing a google search for bees near sauvie island:
http://www.nwcn.com/video/featured-...own--You-should-try-being-a-bee-96417004.html

http://sauvieisland.org/2009/09/29/eateriesstoresrentals/

http://www.tricountyfarm.org/farms/sauvie-island-lavender-farm

http://www.sauvieislandfarms.com/crops_we_grow_1.htm

NG mentioned dogs hit near a houseboat area.........are houseboats in Sauvie Island?

Is it possible to sail out and into the Pacific from this area?

My answer per google is yes, but I would like a confirm from anyone that knows those/that water way in the area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back