Questions Welcome Here!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello! I’m sure this question has been asked before, but I need help understanding abbreviations ya’ll use. I thought I had found a thread one time that explained what these 2+ letter abbreviations meant, but I now can’t find it. Help! Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I'm wondering what the process is when a UID on Namus has DNA available but states it's not yet available. The profile was created back in 2016, the doe was found the day they died in 1992 and there is no info available on her, no reconstruction but DNA sample is available but not yet submitted. What can I do to see about getting the DNA submitted?

Also, how do you go about contacting someone to inquire about morgue photos, CT scans or other relevant reports. I'd really like to have someone do a reconstruction and it would seem there should be records available to work with.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hey - question for any fellow Brits.

I've got a question about access to UK court records. Is there any way to access court records online? From Crown courts and Magistrate's courts?

Similar to this: https://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/pub...aselookup.aspx

For the Supreme Court of Arizona. I can't seem to find a UK equivalent... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Where is the best place to post about a very, very old cold case I am interested in researching that happened in my family tree in 1911? I would like to reach out to WS members who have more experience in finding information through old police records. This woman was murdered, and possibly raped, and left in the trash in an alley when she was 19.

I'm thinking the jury room might be the best place to put a thread like this, but would appreciate input from a mod or more experienced WS members on thread placement.

@SillyBilly?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Where is the best place to post about a very, very old cold case I am interested in researching that happened in my family tree in 1911? I would like to reach out to WS members who have more experience in finding information through old police records. This woman was murdered, and possibly raped, and left in the trash in an alley when she was 19.

I'm thinking the jury room might be the best place to put a thread like this, but would appreciate input from a mod or more experienced WS members on thread placement.

@SillyBilly?

In addition to this question posted here, I have messaged two separate moderators two different questions and after days, no reply from either. What is the best way to get in touch with a mod in WS to get questions answered? Is there a help thread somewhere that they monitor? I don't know if posting or messaging directly is the best way, but I have now tried both.

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

In addition to this question posted here, I have messaged two separate moderators two different questions and after days, no reply from either. What is the best way to get in touch with a mod in WS to get questions answered? Is there a help thread somewhere that they monitor? I don't know if posting or messaging directly is the best way, but I have now tried both.

Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

I know the mods stay busy on here. I keep a few busy. ;)
They have never not replied to a question as far as I know.

Are you using Tapatalk to try and message? If so I suggest go to the main site and use the websleuths pm.

Hope this helps!

I know the mods stay busy on here. I keep a few busy. ;)
They have never not replied to a question as far as I know.

Are you using Tapatalk to try and message? If so I suggest go to the main site and use the websleuths pm.

Hope this helps!
I do use tapatalk but have messaged a mod that way before and gotten a reply. Perhaps the best way is to report my post. I hadn't thought of that until now. I've seen others do that in threads recently.

Thanks!

I'm going to put my current question here and report it. Also, I do have a second question about my account that I need to speak to a mod privately about, which I messaged SillyBilly on through my tapatalk app. If any mod who has time could message me privately about that question, I would appreciate.

Here is the question I can ask publicly, though:

I went through the motions of posting a new thread about an old unsolved murder in my family, and then it would not post. Do I not have permission to create a topic in the jury room? I didn't get any kind of error message at any point. It just wouldn't post. So I copied what I wrote and saved it somewhere so I wouldn't lose my work. I've been a member for over a year, I believe, and thought I could post in the jury room.

I also may be wrong about where to post such a topic. I tried to research ahead of time and decided jury room might be best for a couple of reasons. One reason is that I do not expect to be able to solve the murder, but I do want to find more information on what happened to my relative in 1911. I was hoping to get sleuthing advice on what steps to take to get records.

I dabble in genealogy and I have another murder I want to look into as well, one from 1931. But I'm going to work on one at a time.

Sorry to post again, but while I am at it, I have a general question. I see people, from time to time, seemingly "tag" a mod or member by posting @ member ID. Does this actually function as a tag as it does in SM? Does the person actually get an alert or something that they have been tagged?

Thanks!

I'm going to put my current question here and report it. Also, I do have a second question about my account that I need to speak to a mod privately about, which I messaged SillyBilly on through my tapatalk app. If any mod who has time could message me privately about that question, I would appreciate.

Here is the question I can ask publicly, though:

I went through the motions of posting a new thread about an old unsolved murder in my family, and then it would not post. Do I not have permission to create a topic in the jury room? I didn't get any kind of error message at any point. It just wouldn't post. So I copied what I wrote and saved it somewhere so I wouldn't lose my work. I've been a member for over a year, I believe, and thought I could post in the jury room.

I also may be wrong about where to post such a topic. I tried to research ahead of time and decided jury room might be best for a couple of reasons. One reason is that I do not expect to be able to solve the murder, but I do want to find more information on what happened to my relative in 1911. I was hoping to get sleuthing advice on what steps to take to get records.

I dabble in genealogy and I have another murder I want to look into as well, one from 1931. But I'm going to work on one at a time.

I am not sure why it wouldn't post. You have met the minimum posting retirements. imho
Is this your first time starting a post?
Not a mod just trying to help, if I can.

Sorry to post again, but while I am at it, I have a general question. I see people, from time to time, seemingly "tag" a mod or member by posting @ member ID. Does this actually function as a tag as it does in SM? Does the person actually get an alert or something that they have been tagged?

Thanks!

I don't think it does. Hoping to be corrected if I am wrong.

I am not sure why it wouldn't post. You have met the minimum posting retirements. imho
Is this your first time starting a post?
Not a mod just trying to help, if I can.
No. I started one in the games section maybe a week prior to that, and so far have not had any trouble posting anywhere. However, I am beginning to think I have new glitches in my account somehow that's affecting mods not seeing when I flag my own post or seeing my private messages to them.

I've resorted to all sorts of different ways to attempt to contact them in the last few days and none work. It's like I have become invisible or something.

I don't know what's happening. Perhaps someone else can flag my post and then maybe a moderator will see it and send me a message to go over the various account issues I have.

No. I started one in the games section maybe a week prior to that, and so far have not had any trouble posting anywhere. However, I am beginning to think I have new glitches in my account somehow that's affecting mods not seeing when I flag my own post or seeing my private messages to them.

I've resorted to all sorts of different ways to attempt to contact them in the last few days and none work. It's like I have become invisible or something.

I don't know what's happening. Perhaps someone else can flag my post and then maybe a moderator will see it and send me a message to go over the various account issues I have.

I will do that for you, now. I assumed you reported post #230 and so I don't repeat I will report #231 and mention #230.

If using tapatalk, as I do...I know there was a recent update. My tapatalk was wonky until the update.

I will do that for you, now. I assumed you reported post #230 and so I don't repeat I will report #231 and mention #230.

If using tapatalk, as I do...I know there was a recent update. My tapatalk was wonky until the update.
Thanks. I actually can't report through tapatalk, so I use the web when I do that. I also ended up using the web this time to message a mod just in case something is screwy with messaging them through tapatalk.

It's actually post 229.

I've made contact! Thanks for your help!

Thanks. I actually can't report through tapatalk, so I use the web when I do that. I also ended up using the web this time to message a mod just in case something is screwy with messaging them through tapatalk.

To report through tapatalk-
highlight your post and in the upper right corner you will see 3 dots, click and highlight report.
I hoped I explained right. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

To report through tapatalk-
highlight your post and in the upper right corner you will see 3 dots, click and highlight report.
I hoped I explained right. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
That wasn't working previously for me and at least one other person in a thread with me. I reported it to tapatalk, never heard back, but it is showing up now. So yay! Thanks once again!

BTW - I see we have genealogy as a common interest, although I don't have it listed on my profile. But there are two murders in my family history that I am looking into partly because I couldn't shake them while working on my genealogy last year.

Genealogy, even without crimes, requires a lot of sleuthing to solve mysteries. For instance, I have a "missing person" in my line who likely was not missing at all, but man, I can't seem to figure out what happened to her. And hunting down all of these people is like trying to follow a hundred WS cases at a time. Sometimes I have to step back, take a break, and view it all with fresh eyes weeks later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back