Questions you'd like answers to...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AIGx,
Do you - or anyone - know where this picture was taken? Was it taken, for example, in JB's Boulder, CO bedroom?.

I'm not sure but just above the note I can see Tweety Bird from Looney Tunes so I'm assuming it was found in one of the children's bedrooms, the children's playroom or in the kitchen.

I wonder if that note was taken into evidence and tested for DNA? Someone must know..

otg,

For completeness. How about this, from the guy who has read up more on this case than you or I combined: https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved...hi_im_chief_marshall_james_kolar_ama/cpu0vj3/
Det. Smit didn’t appear to take into consideration the forensic opinions rendered about the sequencing of injuries. Based upon my review of those theories, it is my belief that the fingernail marks on JBR’s throat were created when the collar of her shirt was pulled tight around her neck, at the same time that the triangular shaped bruise was formed on the front her neck. Next came the blow to her head that rendered her unconscious.

The garrote could not have been responsible for the triangular bruising, and was applied some period of time later, when JBR was unconscious and unable to struggle against the placement of the cord.

I don’t believe the strangulation with the cord was a part of staging, and its use constituted an underlying part of the motivation involved in the assault on JBR. A more complete analysis of the sequencing of the injuries was offered in Chapter 6 of the book.
Oh, boy. You’re going to press me on Kolar, and I didn’t want to have to go there. I give Kolar credit for being the first person involved with this case to publicly state what I feel is the obvious. (Hunter speculated about it too, but only privately.) Kolar was not a medical-type person and so had to depend on the opinions of others who were. Unfortunately, for some reason he seems to have bought into the “expertise” of Spitz. Everything Spitz has spewed over the years is what Kolar based much of his theory on -- as far as what was done to JonBenet. Spitz is demonstrably wrong on some things. He even admitted on the CBS show that he wasn’t allowed access to some of the evidence he needed to see. He seemed to imply that it was because “they” didn’t want him to be able to figure out the truth.

Most of the things in the above quote from Kolar’s AMA I’ve addressed in other posts. There are no fingernail marks, and a twisted shirt collar didn’t cause any of the injuries.

(All my opinion, of course, but I'll be sure to mention it all to him the next time I run into Kolar at Starbucks :biggrin:.)

OK, the paintbrush can be an aspect of the staging or a feature of a sexual assault.
Or, it could be both.

Kolar appears to think the latter, he suggests BR displayed Sexual Behavior Problems (SBP) which motivated his use of the paintbrush.
Yeah, Kolar was all over the place on this one. One of the few hints he gives us in his book about motivation is the SBP he attributes to Burke. Yet on the CBS docu-series, the panel pretty much dismissed the sexual assault. I’d have to look up the exact dialog, but I remember being surprised at that when it was discussed. As I remember it though, it again was Spitz misleading everyone into agreeing with him.

ITA. Except removing the brush, e.g. dumping it into the paint-tote would have obscured its prior use, at least the stager might have thought?
Yes, you’re right about that. Had they done that, simply wiping the brush and dropping it into the paint tote would have probably removed any suspicion over it. But then the other problem (for the Ramseys) would in accounting for the strangulation. Without the stick on the end of the cord, investigators might have seen it for what it was (IMO), and that might have made them suspect a family member. The stick makes it look like something more sinister than a family member would ever consider creating.

But then, without the paintbrush tied into the ligature, what would investigators have made of the ME’s discovery of wood fibers in the vaginal tissue? Would they have made the connection?

If the birefringement material found in JonBenet was truly a splinter as cited by Steve Thomas in his book. How could a splinter arrive inside JonBenet ahead of the paintbrush being broken?
Thomas never addressed the “birefringent foreign material” cited by Meyer in the AR. Here is what he said in IRMI (bbm):

Then we had the experts assess why a tiny splinter had been found in JonBenét’s vagina.

The cellulose splinter was believed to have come from the same paintbrush that had been used to make the garrote. Although the source of the splinter was never definitively proved, I considered it highly unlikely that it originated anywhere else.

OTOH, Meyer never used the word cellulose, wood, or splinter. Here is what the AR says in the Microscopic Examination portion of the AR:

A small number of red blood cells is present on the eroded surface, as is birefringent foreign material. Acute inflammatory infiltrate is not seen.

I remember that until Thomas’ book came out, everyone was speculating about the birefringent foreign material. Dr. Wecht (I think) speculated that it was the talc from the outside of surgical gloves that might have been used to prevent fingerprints and DNA. I suspected it was the varnish that was flaking off the outside of the paintbrush. Someone once speculated that the “splinter” was actually the missing end of the paintbrush. Thomas wrote about a single splinter that was found and the connection was made between Meyer’s words and that.

We don’t know, but if the only thing found in JonBenet was microscopic fiber(s)/splinter(s), it (or they) could very easily have come from the deteriorating condition of the paintbrush. This would be unrelated then to the splinters that were found on the basement carpet adjacent to the paint tote.

Note Kolar reckons JR was not involved until late that morning, finding JonBenet about 11 AM.
I know. I disagree.

Sure looks like the case is BDI, with us debating over the details.
That’s how I see it. Others disagree.

Kolar seems confident that its BDI All, with Patsy playing a minimal role, staging, RN, etc.
I know. I disagree.

I don't think JBR wrote this little mess.

I HV To BoY FNZ.
Ganta cooD.
I HV 5 areL FNZ.

Plus, I don't think she made that 5 point star as the points are way too equal or drew that heart.

But, it is interesting that it is in red marker, has a heart and the "G" looks like what was on her palm.

Reading that note gives me chills I'm under the impression she was a bright spark. Sigh.

Speaking from many years of deciphering kids' writing (I have 4 kids) and having a 6yo of my own, a lot of the time kids will leave numerous letters out of words and add letters that shouldn't be there.

I agree the top sentence is 'I have two boyfriends' and the fact that theres a heart. I can't figure out the second sentence though. 'Ganta' could possibly be Santa OR one of her boyfriends/friends names. And theres a star next to it so that gives a clue (Kids get star stickers for doing good work at school, well at least they do here, just a thought!!) And I also think the last sentence is 'I have several friends' not that I hear 6yos using the word 'several' but it could be possible I guess.

EtherealIMoonRose,

The note is interesting.

I think that it is:

I have two boyfriends.

Gotcha Good.

I have several friends.

It almost looks as though that the "gl" in front of friends on the 3rd line was an an after thought - making the third line:
I have several girl friends.

Since you have 4 children of your own and a 6 year old - it almost looks as though the 6 year writer of this note was constructing a joke. The 6 year old was trying to "pull someone's leg" with the first line "I have two boyfriends."

The second line the 6 year old is "revealing" in the joke with "gotcha good." With the 3rd line the 6 year old is writing the truth: I have several friends.

"Ganta" in the note does not seem as though it would be spelling for "Santa" as the writing of this note appears to be aware of the "G" sound - as the writer of the note writes "good." "G a n t a" looks like a 6 year old trying to sound something out such as ""gotcha." If you sound out "gotcha," it does sound as though it would begin with a "gan" combined with "ta" which would be "gotcha."

EtherealIMoonRose,

The note is interesting.

I think that it is:

I have two boyfriends.

Gotcha Good.

I have several friends.

It almost looks as though that the "gl" in front of friends on the 3rd line was an an after thought - making the third line:
I have several girl friends.

Since you have 4 children of your own and a 6 year old - it almost looks as though the 6 year writer of this note was constructing a joke. The 6 year old was trying to "pull someone's leg" with the first line "I have two boyfriends."

The second line the 6 year old is "revealing" in the joke with "gotcha good." With the 3rd line the 6 year old is writing the truth: I have several friends.

"Ganta" in the note does not seem as though it would be spelling for "Santa" as the writing of this note appears to be aware of the "G" sound - as the writer of the note writes "good." "G a n t a" looks like a 6 year old trying to sound something out such as ""gotcha." If you sound out "gotcha," it does sound as though it would begin with a "gan" combined with "ta" which would be "gotcha."

Yeah, that's entirely possible also

Are there any pictures of the ransom note whilst it was still inside the Ramsey house?
Where any fingerprints lifted of JB's body?

And who the **** is John Mark Karr?

^ Oh boy, JMK is a big rabbit hole. There's a lot to research there, but basically, he was someone who was emailing a reporter, claiming to have killed JBR. The reporter alerted the authorities because, to him, the emailer knew specific details that were never offered to the public. Authorities looked into it; he was tracked down to Bangkok (I think), and he confessed to the crime. He was initially arrested, but he was released when the DNA evidence didn't match. That's the short story of it.

^ Oh boy, JMK is a big rabbit hole. There's a lot to research there, but basically, he was someone who was emailing a reporter, claiming to have killed JBR. The reporter alerted the authorities because, to him, the emailer knew specific details that were never offered to the public. Authorities looked into it; he was tracked down to Bangkok (I think), and he confessed to the crime. He was initially arrested, but he was released when the DNA evidence didn't match. That's the short story of it.

He appeared on the JB;An American Murder Mystery and said he was there when she died but won't name his accomplice. Load of rubbish. Did he ever do a lie detector?

1. Did the autopsy note that there were two tiny pieces of paper found on JB's cheek?
2. Where basement fibers found on her face? if so, doesn't that support the theory that she was killed in the basement?

1. Did the autopsy note that there were two tiny pieces of paper found on JB's cheek?
2. Where basement fibers found on her face? if so, doesn't that support the theory that she was killed in the basement?

I have never read anywhere that pieces of paper were found on JonBenet's cheek, but I can't definitively answer that. As for your second question, we know with certainty that JonBenet was killed on the carpet outside the wine cellar in the basement due to the urine stains found there. She emptied her bladder at the moment of death. We don't know where the blunt force trauma occurred, but it is generally accepted that this took place before the asphyxiation.

I have never read anywhere that pieces of paper were found on JonBenet's cheek, but I can't definitively answer that. As for your second question, we know with certainty that JonBenet was killed on the carpet outside the wine cellar in the basement due to the urine stains found there. She emptied her bladder at the moment of death. We don't know where the blunt force trauma occurred, but it is generally accepted that this took place before the asphyxiation.

I've got a feeling the blunt force trauma happened in her bedroom, seen as cord fibers were found in her bed.

What would have caused the blood saliva? The strangulation or the blunt force trauma?

Random question: this picture was taken by investigators in 1996. What do you think it says?
http://68.media.tumblr.com/6cf82a89472225981e0781ee5fc77e19/tumblr_opdxhuIJpR1vd5uwno1_1280.jpg

AlGx,

I'm curently reading this book called Proust and the Squid, by Maryanne Wolf. Its about how children learn to read and guess what: she relates how Glenda Bissex's five year old son slipped her this note RUDF translated as Are You Deaf? This kind of writing has been termed Invented Spelling by Carol Chomsky. Another example is WN which could stand for Wine, or LDL for Little. More examples here: https://www.weareteachers.com/invented-spelling/

It might be the text in the photograph represents a case of Invented Spelling, apparently its common in children.

So

I HV to Boy FNS translates as I Have two Boyfriends?

Ganta Good where Ganta is an Invented Spelling word

I HV 5 AR Girlfriends translates as I Have 5 AR Girlfriends, where AR is another Invented Spelling?

AlGx,

I'm curently reading this book called Proust and the Squid, by Maryanne Wolf. Its about how children learn to read and guess what: she relates how Glenda Bissex's five year old son slipped her this note RUDF translated as Are You Deaf? This kind of writing has been termed Invented Spelling by Carol Chomsky. Another example is WN which could stand for Wine, or LDL for Little. More examples here: https://www.weareteachers.com/invented-spelling/

It might be the text in the photograph represents a case of Invented Spelling, apparently its common in children.

So

I HV to Boy FNS translates as I Have two Boyfriends?

Ganta Good where Ganta is an Invented Spelling word

I HV 5 AR Girlfriends translates as I Have 5 AR Girlfriends, where AR is another Invented Spelling?

UKGuy,

Proust and the Squid: The Story and Science of the Reading Brain (Maryanne Wolf 2007) is an excellent book! I reexamined Proust & Squid (and a couple of other books) when attempting to decipher the text in the photo.

Since the writer has a clear phonetic understanding of the letter/sound "G," it seems as though "ganta" is the writer attempt to sound out and write a word. If you and I were to sound out the word: Gotcha in a speech pattern close to JB's parents - the word "gotcha" does sound as though it would begin with the letters/sound "ga" (with the a being the O in gotcha being a short O (aw, au).

The "nta" looks to be the writer's attempt of sounding out and writing the sound "cha."

It looks as though the writer sounded out "gotcha" (gaw - cha), and, came up with "ganta."

Even if we sound out "ganta," it could sound like gotta / got to.

If the words were written by JB, I hope that it illustrates JB being a 6 year old child having fun writing:
I have two boyfriends.
Gotcha Good.
I have several friends.

With this, FNS is assumed being the word "friends."

However, FNS could be another word entirely.

With the above, "I have to boy fns" is assumed as being a statement: I have two boyfriends. However, it could also mean "I have to boy fns" with the "I have to" meaning something one has to do (i.e., I have to take out the trash). Or, in terms of the note, "I have to be o y fns."

Thank you for all of your comments - especially commenting about the book Proust and the Squid.

I am not sure if the note was written by JB. Was the picture of the note taken in JB's Boulder CO bedroom by LE? If so, when? Does it belong to the Crime Scene Photos that were taken of the R's Boulder CO home by LE before 6 year old murder victim JonBenet Ramsey was "found" in her home by her father?

The Murder of Six Year Old JonBenet Ramsey is still so very heartbreaking. After 20 years it seems as though those fighting for Justice For JonBenet Ramsey have more questions than questions - which is another heartbreaking aspect of this case.

All of the dedicated people on this forum deserve an enormous "Thank You" for keeping the memory of Six Year Old Murder Victim JonBenet Ramsey alive, and, for working hard to get justice for a 6 year old child that had their entire life taken from her: her voice, her future. We may not know the specifics that led to the murder of Six Year Old Murder Victim JonBenet Ramsey. However, we know that JonBenet Ramsey was murdered and deserves justice.

Was Burke asked about eating pineapple with JonBenet when he was on the doctor phil show?

UKGuy,

Proust and the Squid: The Story and Science of the Reading Brain (Maryanne Wolf 2007) is an excellent book! I reexamined Proust & Squid (and a couple of other books) when attempting to decipher the text in the photo.

Since the writer has a clear phonetic understanding of the letter/sound "G," it seems as though "ganta" is the writer attempt to sound out and write a word. If you and I were to sound out the word: Gotcha in a speech pattern close to JB's parents - the word "gotcha" does sound as though it would begin with the letters/sound "ga" (with the a being the O in gotcha being a short O (aw, au).

The "nta" looks to be the writer's attempt of sounding out and writing the sound "cha."

It looks as though the writer sounded out "gotcha" (gaw - cha), and, came up with "ganta."

Even if we sound out "ganta," it could sound like gotta / got to.

If the words were written by JB, I hope that it illustrates JB being a 6 year old child having fun writing:
I have two boyfriends.
Gotcha Good.
I have several friends.

With this, FNS is assumed being the word "friends."

However, FNS could be another word entirely.

With the above, "I have to boy fns" is assumed as being a statement: I have two boyfriends. However, it could also mean "I have to boy fns" with the "I have to" meaning something one has to do (i.e., I have to take out the trash). Or, in terms of the note, "I have to be o y fns."

Thank you for all of your comments - especially commenting about the book Proust and the Squid.

I am not sure if the note was written by JB. Was the picture of the note taken in JB's Boulder CO bedroom by LE? If so, when? Does it belong to the Crime Scene Photos that were taken of the R's Boulder CO home by LE before 6 year old murder victim JonBenet Ramsey was "found" in her home by her father?

The Murder of Six Year Old JonBenet Ramsey is still so very heartbreaking. After 20 years it seems as though those fighting for Justice For JonBenet Ramsey have more questions than questions - which is another heartbreaking aspect of this case.

All of the dedicated people on this forum deserve an enormous "Thank You" for keeping the memory of Six Year Old Murder Victim JonBenet Ramsey alive, and, for working hard to get justice for a 6 year old child that had their entire life taken from her: her voice, her future. We may not know the specifics that led to the murder of Six Year Old Murder Victim JonBenet Ramsey. However, we know that JonBenet Ramsey was murdered and deserves justice.

Thurston,
Proust and the Squid is a gem of a book. So much information packed into so few pages. Its one of those I could not put down, the illustrations were neat too.

You could be right about gotcha, its got to be an Invented Spelling word.

From DOI.

DOI (HB) Page 3:

"The kids screamed and cheered as they realized that Santa had brought just about everything in their lists. JonBenet wanted to take her new bike outside for a spin, but Burke suggested, "Let's get all the other gifts opened first. "Ah, the wise and experienced big brother. JonBenet agreed. They quickly busied themselves playing Santa's elves and distributing the beautifully wrapped gifts. JonBenet asked for Burke's assistance with the name tags, since he could read and she couldn't. It was the most fun in the world, doling out the gifts and seeing whose pile would become the biggest."
Maybe that's cursive script, it's possible JonBenet could read block print, if the size-12's were selected because she had been wearing size-6 day of the week, then possibly JonBenet chose the Wednesday pair of size-6 underwear?

Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, JonBenet and the City of Boulder
These weren't naughty children. They dressed themselves, and Patsy did JonBenet's hair. All her daughter's clothes were organized in drawers. Turtlenecks in one drawer, pants in another, nighties and panties in one, socks in another. Dates on all their underclothes.
Yikes, seems Patsy had a trashcan date on JonBenet's underwear?

No problem, nice of you to say.

Maybe that's cursive script, it's possible JonBenet could read block print, if the size-12's were selected because she had been wearing size-6 day of the week, then possibly JonBenet chose the Wednesday pair of size-6 underwear?[/B]

Perfect Murder, Perfect Town, JonBenet and the City of Boulder

Yikes, seems Patsy had a trashcan date on JonBenet's underwear?

No problem, nice of you to say.

UKGuy,

That is an interesting thought regarding the Size 12 Day of The Week underwear. For all we know, JonBenet adored The Day of The Week Underwear - and wanted the second package too (the Size 12 that the R's said were purchased as a Christmas gift for a niece).

Perhaps JonBenet took the Wednesday Size 12 out of the second package in order to eliminate it from being gifted.

I can remember being in Kindergarten and my mother purchasing 2 Snoopy Pencil Sharpeners. I was given one and the other pencil sharpener was supposed to be a gift, however, I wanted it. I took it and sharpened crayons in it making the sharpener mine.

Perhaps JonBenet put the Size 12's on herself as she wanted to keep both packages of The Day of The Week Underwear?

Or, perhaps has you brilliantly suggests JonBenet put on the Size 12's because she needed another pair of underwear and could not read sizes. Perhaps such an action by JonBenet would illustrate the temperament in The Ramsey Colorado Home. JonBent had an accident, knew that her mother would be very upset with her, attempts to conceal the accident by changing into the Size 12's (using the same day she had on earlier & perhaps in a 6 year old's mind no-one would notice the difference in underwear). Perhaps JonBenet was the one to put the red turtleneck in her bathroom (wet).

Since this family was leaving truly in a matter of hours upon returning from The White Christmas Party, it is difficult to imagine an adult putting a red wet turtleneck in the bathroom. Even if the cleaning person was coming - adults do not typically want wet clothing left for hours inside of the home.

Watching interviews / news coverage of The R's, does Patsy Ramsey look happier than ever to other people?

There is a new clip of J&P Ramsey leaving the courthouse, and Patsy looks so happy - it is as though Patsy is "here I am with J, we are closer than ever." Also, it seems as though Patsy is satisfied knowing that her daughter JB is infamous, and, Patsy is "famous." This does not mean that Patsy murdered JB, and, somehow got J "on board" by hiding concealed clues in the Ransom Note. Instead, often it seems that JR was in control of everything that happened - and, Patsy was emotionally rewarded by JR to assist in concealing the truth (if that makes sense).

UKGuy, I think that you are correct about the size 12's. JB could have easily put those on herself unable to read. If so, how would such a factor change the sequence of events that caused JB's murder?

UKGuy,

That is an interesting thought regarding the Size 12 Day of The Week underwear. For all we know, JonBenet adored The Day of The Week Underwear - and wanted the second package too (the Size 12 that the R's said were purchased as a Christmas gift for a niece).

Perhaps JonBenet took the Wednesday Size 12 out of the second package in order to eliminate it from being gifted.

I can remember being in Kindergarten and my mother purchasing 2 Snoopy Pencil Sharpeners. I was given one and the other pencil sharpener was supposed to be a gift, however, I wanted it. I took it and sharpened crayons in it making the sharpener mine.

Perhaps JonBenet put the Size 12's on herself as she wanted to keep both packages of The Day of The Week Underwear?

Or, perhaps has you brilliantly suggests JonBenet put on the Size 12's because she needed another pair of underwear and could not read sizes. Perhaps such an action by JonBenet would illustrate the temperament in The Ramsey Colorado Home. JonBent had an accident, knew that her mother would be very upset with her, attempts to conceal the accident by changing into the Size 12's (using the same day she had on earlier & perhaps in a 6 year old's mind no-one would notice the difference in underwear). Perhaps JonBenet was the one to put the red turtleneck in her bathroom (wet).

Since this family was leaving truly in a matter of hours upon returning from The White Christmas Party, it is difficult to imagine an adult putting a red wet turtleneck in the bathroom. Even if the cleaning person was coming - adults do not typically want wet clothing left for hours inside of the home.

Watching interviews / news coverage of The R's, does Patsy Ramsey look happier than ever to other people?

There is a new clip of J&P Ramsey leaving the courthouse, and Patsy looks so happy - it is as though Patsy is "here I am with J, we are closer than ever." Also, it seems as though Patsy is satisfied knowing that her daughter JB is infamous, and, Patsy is "famous." This does not mean that Patsy murdered JB, and, somehow got J "on board" by hiding concealed clues in the Ransom Note. Instead, often it seems that JR was in control of everything that happened - and, Patsy was emotionally rewarded by JR to assist in concealing the truth (if that makes sense).

UKGuy, I think that you are correct about the size 12's. JB could have easily put those on herself unable to read. If so, how would such a factor change the sequence of events that caused JB's murder?

Thurston,
I guess it depends on your preferred theory. Either JonBenet dressed herself in the size-12's or someone else did?

Today I favor Burke Ramsey redressing JonBenet in the size-12's and his long johns, there is no real evidence for this, it seems consistent with what a boy of his age might do, given the circumstances, whereas I cannot see either parent dressing JonBenet in size-12's or male long johns, they do not suit a vision of domestic normality, but who knows?

Other than JonBenet standing on the chair and unlatching the wine-cellar door, then opening the gifts herself, finding the size-12's and trying them on. Possibly leading to some interplay between Burke and JonBenet in terms of playing doctor, which then goes wrong, its difficult to envisage JonBenet dressing herself?

Has anyone read Cyril Wecht's book on the case? Is it worth my time? I've read Kolar, Thomas, and Schiller's books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro