Questions you'd like answers to...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why everybody has come to the conclusion that Patsy wouldn't colour her own hair? Colouring hair is probably the simplest thing you can to at home. If you can read a watch you can colour your hair. But aside from that, the mere fact that the used colouring kit was found pretty much answers the question. JBRs hair was light, Patsy's was dark. The police aren't stupid. Possibly it was just a touch up, but nonetheless, Patsy likely did colour her hair that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I can see, it's only two of us that have said that. It's not that she wasn't capable, but more to do with her character and status. I didn't realise a used dark colouring kit was found, only some gloves, but that would obviously be proof that she had.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Not sure why everybody has come to the conclusion that Patsy wouldn't colour her own hair? Colouring hair is probably the simplest thing you can to at home. If you can read a watch you can colour your hair. But aside from that, the mere fact that the used colouring kit was found pretty much answers the question. JBRs hair was light, Patsy's was dark. The police aren't stupid. Possibly it was just a touch up, but nonetheless, Patsy likely did colour her hair that day.

I don't think that's a fact. No one is saying she couldn't have coloured her own hair, just that it could be an unlikely story for someone so wealthy.

As far as I can see, it's only two of us that have said that. It's not that she wasn't capable, but more to do with her character and status. I didn't realise a used dark colouring kit was found, only some gloves, but that would obviously be proof that she had.

I've mentioned the possibility of gloves being found but I have no reason to know that any were actually found. If police didn't find used gloves then they must have been hidden or disposed of, because that note had no family prints on it.

I've mentioned the possibility of gloves being found but I have no reason to know that any were actually found. If police didn't find used gloves then they must have been hidden or disposed of, because that note had no family prints on it.
I remember reading some were on the sink in either the butler's kitchen or laundry room. Was that you? 😊 I've confused myself reading all over the place. Maybe I should stop posting until I get my facts straight

I remember reading some were on the sink in either the butler's kitchen or laundry room. Was that you?  I've confused myself reading all over the place. Maybe I should stop posting until I get my facts straight

ooh no it wasn't me. first I've heard.

ooh no it wasn't me. first I've heard.
Maybe Andrew can tell us what hair colour was found and where, and if there were any gloves - please Andrew?
They were clear disposables like you use for doing hair, someone surmised they could have been those ones, brought down for another purpose (as I recall)

I can't see whether or not any of them dyed their hair that day as being particularly significant tbh.

I honestly think it's doubtful if Patsy would be dying her hair Christmas day.

I have an idea that I read (probably in Steve Thomas's book) that Patsy used to take JBR to a posh salon in Boulder where they would have double appointments.

I think it's unlikely that a multi millionairess would be messing about doing her own hair with a $5 box of hair dye.

As for plastic gloves, yes you get those with those hair dye packs but I suspect there would have been plastic or rubber gloves in the R's kitchen anyway. Most people have them.

I can't see whether or not any of them dyed their hair that day as being particularly significant tbh.

I have an idea that I read (probably in Steve Thomas's book) that Patsy used to take JBR to a posh salon in Boulder where they would have double appointments.

I think it's unlikely that a multi millionairess would be messing about doing her own hair with a $5 box of hair dye.

As for plastic gloves, yes you get those with those hair dye packs but I suspect there would have been plastic or rubber gloves in the R's kitchen anyway. Most people have them.

Well because you think it's doubtful it becomes significant, because Patsy said she did and there must be a reason she said she did.

I have a feeling standard household rubber gloves might leave a ridge print on smooth surfaces.

Miz Adventure,
BBM: Sure, all that money and she does her own hair, give me a break.

Most of Patsy's explanations look as if they are constructed to hide some other person's role, e.g. I put her long johns on, I gave her the size-12's, etc.

I just wonder what is being hidden from us here?

I found the place in the Police Files interviews regarding the hair dye. PR states "I think I coloured my hair"

If I had dyed my hair on Christmas afternoon I would definitely remember doing so.

She had been up early that morning to see the kids open their presents. She was still wrapping presents and trying to pack the suitcases for the trip(s) in the following days. And she has time to dye her hair? Wait for the colour to 'take', then wash it, dry it and style it?

The family is going to a party in a few hours and PR would have to do her make up and get herself and the kids ready.

I found the place in the Police Files interviews regarding the hair dye. PR states "I think I coloured my hair"

If I had dyed my hair on Christmas afternoon I would definitely remember doing so.

She had been up early that morning to see the kids open their presents. She was still wrapping presents and trying to pack the suitcases for the trip(s) in the following days. And she has time to dye her hair? Wait for the colour to 'take', then wash it, dry it and style it?

The family is going to a party in a few hours and PR would have to do her make up and get herself and the kids ready.

Miz Adventure,.
Either she was dying JonBenet's hair or something was being cleaned up with either a solvent or bleach?

You know, like blood stains, etc?

It wouldn't have been a very pleasant Christmas Day for JBR if her mother had wanted to dye her hair. It would have been just as time consuming as doing her own hair.

Having said that it wasn't a very pleasant Christmas Day for JBR anyway as it turned out.

Dying one's own hair is easy and takes very little time to mix and apply and during the 20-40 minutes the dye is active, one can go about one's business around the house until time to rinse and wash. PR wanted to look good for the party, the MI Christmas and the Disney boat. Why not do one's own hair? Salons take HOURS and are booked solid during holidays.

I dyed my hair at home for many years until I decided to forgo dye and go natural. The times I went to a salon, I needed to schedule way ahead of time, and block out 4 hours from my day to be bored silly, completely uninterested in the salon chitter chatter and would leave with wet hair rather than stay a minute longer than absolutely necessary. I would rather eat chalk.

Same with manicures and pedicures. Two hours of misery. No. Just no.

150 hours each year in a salon? Save me.

But surely PR could have found a few minutes to do her hair in the days leading up to Christmas?

Christmas Day is supposed to be special. You wouldn't want to be walking around with dye on your hair, somebody could call.

Yes, seeing as she used to lighten/bleach JonBenet's hair, I suspect that she had home kits for that, rather than a diy kit for her own hair. I still think she'd go to a salon for her own hair, seeing as she loved spending John's money.

But PR said it was just sunlight...

Can't believe any reputable hairdresser would dye the hair of a 5/6 year old girl.
No doubt you are right about PR doing it. Her lying about it was ridiculous. It also suggests an imperious attitude - I don't care if people don't believe me, there's nothing they can do about it.
Rather like her approach to BPD.

i agree totally possible PR the beauty queen would absolutely run a rinse through her own hair for a between salons hit.
however it really is meaningless wether she did or didnt ...is or isnt capable of doing so to me the fact she is evasive about it is just as deceitful as lying. that is the point of relevence for me.
she cant remember what they had for lunch so obviously she wasnt slaving away lovingly in the kitchen.
she cant remember if she coloured her hair......
PR is deceptive about christmas day from the get go.
something happened before the whites party, am certain witnesses that night would know at a minimum something!!!

I don't think that's a fact. No one is saying she couldn't have coloured her own hair, just that it could be an unlikely story for someone so wealthy.

The kit was there. So unless she went out in the middle of the night and bought one for some reason, she coloured her own hair. Could she have just opened the kit to use the gloves? Maybe. But saying she wouldn't colour her own hair based on wealth is simply wrong.

The kit was there. So unless she went out in the middle of the night and bought one for some reason, she coloured her own hair. Could she have just opened the kit to use the gloves? Maybe. But saying she wouldn't colour her own hair based on wealth is simply wrong.

Where was the kit?

And, my post said it could be unlikely, not that she wouldn't.

Miz Adventure,.
Either she was dying JonBenet's hair or something was being cleaned up with either a solvent or bleach?

You know, like blood stains, etc?

She did mention cleaning fluid in the transcripts.....

TRIP DeMUTH: That doesn't jog any bells, though, telling you it's in a bag by the chair
in John Andrew's bedroom?

PATSY RAMSEY: No.

TRIP DeMUTH: Okay.

TOM HANEY: And the next photo is marked 120TET8.

PATSY RAMSEY: Are we looking for anything special here?

TOM HANEY: Do you see anything unusual in there?

PATSY RAMSEY: Well, I don't know what this -- that looks like cleaning fluid or Windex
or something, I don't know what that would be doing sitting down there.

TOM HANEY: Uh-huh (yes).

PATSY RAMSEY: That's strange. I can't tell what that is.

TRIP DeMUTH: It's a red object under the table?

PATSY RAMSEY: Yeah.

TRIP DeMUTH: Okay.

PATSY RAMSEY: There's -- looks like that scarf that we've seen previously.

TRIP DeMUTH: Okay. Black and red scarf on the bar.

PATSY RAMSEY: Right.

TRIP DeMUTH: Looks like it -- where does it look like it is in this photo?

PATSY RAMSEY: What, the scarf?

TRIP DeMUTH: Uh-huh (yes).

PATSY RAMSEY: Hanging on, hanging on the little ledge there by the bar. Is that where it
was on the other one?

TRIP DeMUTH: The other photo we looked at it was on the bar itself.

PATSY RAMSEY: It was on the bar. This just looks strange to me.

TRIP DeMUTH: Cleaning?

PATSY RAMSEY: Cleaning, Windex or whatever that is.

TRIP DeMUTH: Underneath the table?

PATSY RAMSEY: (Inaudible.) I mean, I just don't know why it would be there. It would
either be in the cleaning closet or under the kitchen sink or somewhere (inaudible).

TOM HANEY: On the top of the file of books --

PATSY RAMSEY: Right.

She did mention cleaning fluid in the transcripts.....

Looked up Windex - not a UK brand - and tried to find their 1996 products. An I right to assume it was still a glass and general surface cleaner back then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia