Questions you'd like answers to...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon my interruption on the characterization of a Southerner. Can someone help me locate a photo posted in the last quarter. It was a screenshot of Burke's bathroom which showed two coke cans.Thank you.

attachment.php

In the new Kolar AMA, someone mentions hearing dialogue on the 911 call before the operator answers- has anyone heard this? Is there a copy where this beginning part is present?

In the new Kolar AMA, someone mentions hearing dialogue on the 911 call before the operator answers- has anyone heard this? Is there a copy where this beginning part is present?

You can sort of here that on the CBS version. You can watch/listen to that on YouTube.

This is what I hear at the beginning:
PR: Alright...
911: 911 emergency
PR: We need an-
PR: Police!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe that would have been our poster otg. He has posted about it a few times with audio clips and everything. I don't have a link but I think I recall him posting about it recently, you could try scrolling through his recent posts. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point -- I've also thought about this, but I never put much stock into it because, she had to have called her friends from the same phone (which ever one that was) she used to call police. (right?). I assume this considering how quickly they arrived. Has it ever been confirmed by BPD/the operator if the phone was ever actually/eventually hung up? Did the operator stay on the line until she was disconnected?

Yes, that's possible, but part of me wonders if the audio (that's head after Patsy "hangs up") would have been heard, had the call been made in the basement. It's possible of course, but I always just assumed that sound would have a harder time traveling in the enclosed basement with all those rooms/walls, but I could be wrong. That's the question I always ask: where was the end of the call (after she "hung up") taking place? So, if she did indeed call from the basement, where was JR and BR when she encountered them after? It would have to be the area by the bathroom/bottom of the stairs in the basement, with both doors between the areas open -- but with all the clutter that was in that area at the time, would that have been possible?

Hi Userid,

They wouldn't have needed to stand as far away as the foot of the stairs. There was enough room for all of them to be near the phone in the laundry room. That's a bit of the cord in the lower right hand corner of the photo. The person taking the photo was standing in the hallway, with the foot of the stairs to his/her right (approx.) and the shower and far storage room further down the hall on his/her left.

basementlaundryRS.jpg

I suspect that the call was made from the kitchen phone. It would have been the last thing the couple did, after spending the hours prior to it staging the cover up and then placing the 'ransom note' on the stairs. They would have been upstairs by now.

There is no reason for Patsy to sound out of breath, she had just been sitting down writing that long-winded note, which would have taken at least half an hour.

Maybe she thought that was how a mother would sound in full panic mode, and did a few star jumps beforehand? (just kidding btw)

It would have been interesting to see exactly who the Ramseys called that morning. It's a pity detectives never got to see their phone records. I suspect their lawyers were on that list.

I also have a question. Does anyone know where Fleet White is these days and if he has been active in any way regarding trying to get justice for the murder of JBR?

I also have a question. Does anyone know where Fleet White is these days and if he has been active in any way regarding trying to get justice for the murder of JBR?
Fleet White, Jr.? As I'm sure you know, Fleet and Priscilla fought the long and hard fight for JonBenet. I'm not sure there's much more anybody could do than what those two have done. Since 2014, they have tried to stay out of the news.

There are many good articles. Here are a couple of the more recent ones:
JonBenet Ramsey: How the Investigation Got Derailed -- and Why It Still Matters 12/17/14
For the Whites, the question of who killed JonBenét or why the investigation stalled isn't simply fodder for a parlor game or online chatter. The case turned their lives upside down.

Fleet and Priscilla White exonerated in death of JonBenet Ramsey — for third time 01/23/14
Boulder police Chief Mark Beckner released a statement Thursday noting that "innocent community members" had been the target of speculation throughout the investigation into JonBenet's murder, and had suffered as a result. Fleet and Priscilla White, he said, are among them.

Two quick questions for those more in the know:

First: A lot is made of what was taken from the house by Pam Paugh on the 28th. But I can find little about what actually left the home before the body was even found, but after the 911 call. Burke wasn't just taken to the Whites, he was allowed to bring several things including his Nintendo 64 (an item in his possession Christmas Day that put a long cord in his hands.) What else did he take and did the police examine and itemize them before he was allowed to leave? Anything could seem innocent enough when it was just a few things for the brother of a missing girl, but when it was later found out that his sister was in fact murdered in the home, anything and everything has to be looked at in that new light. If the family was to blame, that was their first and easiest time to get evidence out of the house.

Second: Everyone marvels at how long the ransom note is and how long it must have taken to compose. Is there any analysis out there that indicates it may not have been written all at once- that the author may have been interrupted? I know some have noticed a change in tone towards the end, where the language changes a bit and John is called out more directly. I'm also curious if there is any analysis that focuses more on the pen pressure applied as it seems to fluctuate wildly, and might indicate a stop and start, or at least seems to point more to an emotional author than a cold and calculated killer.

First: A lot is made of what was taken from the house by Pam Paugh on the 28th. But I can find little about what actually left the home before the body was even found, but after the 911 call. Burke wasn't just taken to the Whites, he was allowed to bring several things including his Nintendo 64 (an item in his possession Christmas Day that put a long cord in his hands.) What else did he take and did the police examine and itemize them before he was allowed to leave? Anything could seem innocent enough when it was just a few things for the brother of a missing girl, but when it was later found out that his sister was in fact murdered in the home, anything and everything has to be looked at in that new light. If the family was to blame, that was their first and easiest time to get evidence out of the house.

Second: Everyone marvels at how long the ransom note is and how long it must have taken to compose. Is there any analysis out there that indicates it may not have been written all at once- that the author may have been interrupted? I know some have noticed a change in tone towards the end, where the language changes a bit and John is called out more directly. I'm also curious if there is any analysis that focuses more on the pen pressure applied as it seems to fluctuate wildly, and might indicate a stop and start, or at least seems to point more to an emotional author than a cold and calculated killer.

sedndun,
Fleet White knows what BR took with him.

If you use the search facility on websleuths you will find a ransom note profile developed privately for BPD and not made public, that I posted years back, it should answer most of your questions.

sedndun - :rolleyes: about BPD allowing each member of the R family to leave the house that day without thoroughly searching them. To my knowledge, nobody knows what BR took from the house that morning.
sedndun,
Fleet White knows what BR took with him.

If you use the search facility on websleuths you will find a ransom note profile developed privately for BPD and not made public, that I posted years back, it should answer most of your questions.
UKGuy - I searched and couldn't find the post you referenced. Using "ransom note profile", the search function returned something like 22 threads. Could you give us a hint?

sedndun - :rolleyes: about BPD allowing each member of the R family to leave the house that day without thoroughly searching them. To my knowledge, nobody knows what BR took from the house that morning.

UKGuy - I searched and couldn't find the post you referenced. Using "ransom note profile", the search function returned something like 22 threads. Could you give us a hint?

I assumed everyone who left after the body was found had their items inspected as they left, but I guess that's a pretty silly assumption considering all that happened.

I also am having trouble finding the specific ransom note profile, but somehow ended up reading a lot of new (to me) information about the Barbie nightgown including the fact that Burke's touch DNA was on it (remember that it supposedly came out of the wash) and that it was from a life-sized barbie doll.

I would be very surprised if anyone was searched on that day. Nobody in the house was considered a suspect at that time - not officially.

I suspect Patsy may have secreted a few items in her purse/handbag (remnants of tape, that kind of thing). She knew she wouldn't be searched. Why would she be?

The Barbie nightgown - I think that was one of JBR's own pink nightgowns that had a large picture of Barbie's face on it.

That would make sense. Of course she held it. Probably multiple times.

That would make sense. Of course she held it. Probably multiple times.

The reason I asked is because during the 911 call, the operator asks Patsy who the note is from. Patsy doesn't say a foreign faction. She tells the operator "it says SBTC Victory". I know if I were in this situation and the operator asked me, I don't think I would be able to recite the initials without looking at the last page of the RN at that moment. I thought JR had the note on the floor and was reading it.

kanzz,

Here you go:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?112773-Linguistics&p=5562546#post5562546

I assumed everyone who left after the body was found had their items inspected as they left, but I guess that's a pretty silly assumption considering all that happened.

I also am having trouble finding the specific ransom note profile, but somehow ended up reading a lot of new (to me) information about the Barbie nightgown including the fact that Burke's touch DNA was on it (remember that it supposedly came out of the wash) and that it was from a life-sized barbie doll.

sedndun,

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?112773-Linguistics&p=5562546#post5562546

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en