Randy Quaid, wife arrested over unpaid hotel bill

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My dad graduated with this goofball here in Houston at Bellaire High School.

Interesting tidbit from Wikipedia:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Quaid[/ame]

<snip>

In February 2008, a five-member hearing committee of Actors' Equity Association, the labor union which represents American stage actors, banned Quaid for life and fined him more than $81,000. The charges that brought the sanctions originated in a Seattle production of Lone Star Love, a Western-themed adaptation of Shakespeare's The Merry Wives of Windsor, in which Quaid played the lead role of Falstaff. The musical was scheduled to come to Broadway, but producers cancelled it.

According to the New York Post, all 26 members of the musical cast brought charges that Quaid "physically and verbally abused his fellow performers" and that the show closed rather than continuing to Broadway because of Quaid's "oddball behavior". Quaid's lawyer, Mark Block, said the charges were completely false, and that one of the complaining actors had said the action was actually driven by "the producers who did not want to give Randy his contractual rights to creative approval ... or financial participation ..." Block also said that Quaid had left the union before the musical started, making the ban moot, and that Quaid had only participated in the hearing because he wanted due process. Quaid's own statement on the charges was "I am guilty of only one thing: giving a performance that elicited a response so deeply felt by the actors and producers with little experience of my creative process that they actually think I am Falstaff."

In Marfa of all places. I wonder what they were doing there.

Ha! Maybe they were there filming the mysterious Marfa Lights. :crazy:
I have been thru Marfa a few times. Not much to see and I cant imagine living there !

i dont know whether to laugh or cry.........arrests and extradition over a hotel bill?

Sounds to me they are having monetary problems which led them to think that Marfa might be a nice place to live for awhile....certainly much less expensive than CA :dance:

FWIW - I like Marfa :innocent:

Good Lord! Get these two to an inpatient DETOX unit STAT! Then....let them face the consequences of their misbehavior. I think we have a combination of mental illness, addiction (most likely a daily diet of jumbled, unmanageable and inappropriate prescription meds), and ???????
Oh, Cousin Eddie...... :(

That article didn't say much - on our morning radio show Armstrong & Getty (love those guys) they mentioned Quaid carved his name on the mailbox and they broke a very expensive mirror in the house above a mantle while they were replacing it with a picture of themselves! He has become cousin Eddie!

LINK

A contractor showed police more than $5,000 in damages to the guest house that he believed was caused by the Quaids.

Police arrested the Quaids on charges of felony residential burglary and entering a noncommercial building without consent, a misdemeanor. Police also charged Evi Quaid, 47, with resisting arrest.

Train wrecks! jmo

ETA: Why is Evi smiling in her mugshot...is she amused?

The Quaids: We're Victims of a Corpse Conspiracy

9/21/2010 12:02 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Randy and Evi Quaid claim they've been targeted in a diabolical scheme to steal property that rightfully belongs to them ... and they insist the mastermind is using a dead person to carry out the plot.

More and the picture they hung over the fireplace after breaking a 7K dollar mirror. They must not be very supersitious......

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/20/randy-quaid-evi-quaid-arrested-squatting-santa-barbara/

The Quaids: We're Victims of a Corpse Conspiracy

9/21/2010 12:02 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Randy and Evi Quaid claim they've been targeted in a diabolical scheme to steal property that rightfully belongs to them ... and they insist the mastermind is using a dead person to carry out the plot.

More and the picture they hung over the fireplace after breaking a 7K dollar mirror. They must not be very supersitious......

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/20/randy-quaid-evi-quaid-arrested-squatting-santa-barbara/

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

I cannot stop laughing at that 'self portrait'! Thanks for posting.....:dance:

wm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member