Ransom note analysis

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just spent some time looking at the Ransom note in more detail and going to write the things that took my eye.

Looking at the writing on the 3 pages the writing on the first page is more shaky while the last 2 pages appear more fluid.

The way the t's are written changes between a t with the tail at the bottom and ones that are like a cross.

Goes on at great lenght about not talking to anyone.

why write $118,000.00 not just $118,000?

why in refrence to John not to outsmart them is it only 99% chance they will kill her why not just say Try to outsmart us she will die?

Why say you'll about deniging the remains then leave her in the house?

Why talk about taking an attache to the bank does it matter what is used to collect the money in?

By using the name John in part of the note definatly rules out a total stranger as the perpertarter.

I think JR is right about the 118 000 ransom amount 1998 interview:
8 JOHN RAMSEY: I mean, the closest that
9 I've come to have some believability is this
10 theory that Father Rol came up with. There were
11 psalms, which were circled in the Bible, which
12 apparently were fairly vengeful psalms. 118 Psalms
13 was a vengeful psalm in the King James Bible. It
14 talked about victory (INAUDIBLE). I think I've
15 read it a hundred times, I guess, (INAUDIBLE).
16 I guess I would accept that kind of a tie more
17 than I would the bonus amount.

I think JR is right about the 118 000 ransom amount 1998 interview:
8 JOHN RAMSEY: I mean, the closest that
9 I've come to have some believability is this
10 theory that Father Rol came up with. There were
11 psalms, which were circled in the Bible, which
12 apparently were fairly vengeful psalms. 118 Psalms
13 was a vengeful psalm in the King James Bible. It
14 talked about victory (INAUDIBLE). I think I've
15 read it a hundred times, I guess, (INAUDIBLE).
16 I guess I would accept that kind of a tie more
17 than I would the bonus amount.

I see what you're saying, Cici, but I think by this time the Ramseys realized that the 118,000 pointed more to them than away from them (at least it did after everyone who knew about it was cleared), so this gave them an "out" about the amount requested.

I don't think JR has anything to do with the content of the ransom note.
IMO he's trying to explain to himself why PR wrote that amount and the ransom,sacrifice,salvation explanation makes more sense to him then the bonus amount?

ohh and by the way everyone here calls me cici ,lol,but I'm claudi,cici is my daughter :)

Just spent some time looking at the Ransom note in more detail and going to write the things that took my eye.

Looking at the writing on the 3 pages the writing on the first page is more shaky while the last 2 pages appear more fluid.

The way the t's are written changes between a t with the tail at the bottom and ones that are like a cross.

Goes on at great lenght about not talking to anyone.

why write $118,000.00 not just $118,000?

why in refrence to John not to outsmart them is it only 99% chance they will kill her why not just say Try to outsmart us she will die?

Why say you'll about deniging the remains then leave her in the house?

Why talk about taking an attache to the bank does it matter what is used to collect the money in?

By using the name John in part of the note definatly rules out a total stranger as the perpertarter.

Look more closely at what you're calling 'shaky'. The 'b' in 'bank' has the lower circular section drawn like a box with 4 square corners. There are b's, c's, d's with the same peculiarity. I'm not so sure its 'shaky', and like you point out the note is smoother toward the end, which tends to rule out disguising. It seems to me to be ESL writing (bussiness), but someone who has been ESL for years and years.

The most obvious answer as to why the ransom note author would go on and on about not talking to anyone is because he probably didn't want JR to talk to anyone upon finding the note. But that deal would obviously end with the death of JBR.

As to 'John' making the author an insider is ridiculous. Everything in the ransom note could've been learned in an hour unattended in the house. I believe they were there for hours and perhaps another occasion several days prior. Phone tapped and everything. I wonder if anyone checked for that. Probably not, since nobody ever took the ransom note seriously. After all, its 'fake' and 'bogus,' and heck, we all know not to believe ransom notes when they look like this. We're just too smart for that.

I don't think JR has anything to do with the content of the ransom note.
IMO he's trying to explain to himself why PR wrote that amount and the ransom,sacrifice,salvation explanation makes more sense to him then the bonus amount?

ohh and by the way everyone here calls me cici ,lol,but I'm claudi,cici is my daughter :)

ahh Claudi and Cici!

I had thought Claudique ici!, (here!) ha

in my opinion,the RN has been written by a latin/spanish person,because it is exactly a latin/spanish translation to the english language
anyone knows PR or JR could speak fluent spanish?

WHAAAT?

I do not read any spanish similarities in the note...

Senor Ramsey!

We have you daughter.

Mrs. Schiller, I have a question for you please. When your son was kidnapped, if you had gotten a RN such as the Ramsey's did, would you have called friends, your pastor and LE to come to the house? Or would you have told LE what the letter said and made sure to follow the instructions as closely as possible?

Thanks!

Thank you!! I have no argument with them calling LE, but the rest of the scenario screams that a RDI!!

I am so sorry for the torture you have undergone, searching for your son. I have no words to tell you how sorrowful I am for you situation. I pray that if he was kidnapped to be placed for adoption, that he was treated well and is happy and healthy!

you don´t understand what I meant

it was a spanish speaker that did translate /write this letter to the english language

We understood you. I disagree. As a native-born American, this note does not sound foreign to me at all. This was written by someone who was raised speaking English.

welcome,Mrs.Schiller,I'm german as well and I just found out about your sons case! I've never heard about it! I am so sorry about everything you had to go through and you are still going through.

I've lived in texas for 20 years and a lot of people speak spanish and I do know some spanish.The way the sentences are structured are a lot like german.I'm sorry,but I don't see that at all in the RN.It sounds 100% (southern) american to me.There's so many things a foreigner wouldn't say like "don't try to grow a brain" "fat cats" etc

foreigners tend to get the verbs wrong,and they tend to use plural at times when it's not needed,esp. when adding 's' and 'es'.
for example,'we has your daughter', 'you not the only fat cats around',or 'don't try to grow a brains' etc.

you don´t understand what I meant

it was a spanish speaker that did translate /write this letter to the english language

although the post is old i disagree with it. i am born and raised in southamerica but been living in oz for the last twenty years and the note reads and sounds like a native english speaker wrote it

So far I see absolute consistency in the writings, through out the ransom each letter remains the same , that convinces me again it was not alteration or disguise. To keep consistency someone ,who was altering and hiding his own style, would need to look back at every letter to keep it the same. Not possible.
Thank you.

This is the key. Look at b letter. They are all the same! And we will see the same in almost all the letters. This can mean:

1) This is the real handwriting of someone.

2) Someone has worked many hours to disguise his handwriting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel
Back