Rape allegations mount against Bill Cosby #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Nova, for your insights. Much appreciated.

It seems to me that Cosby's case might be different from those you experienced, due to Cosby's vast wealth. I can't imagine that his insurance companies would have demanded he settle, when he could probably buy those companies. I read somewhere that at one point he was wealthy enough to consider buying NBC.

I guess what I am saying is that it appears to me that whatever financial losses BC might have accrued from a protracted court case would have been a drop in the bucket financially to him, thus money not being a deciding factor in settling.

Your thoughts?

:clap: not kidding

Any rapist would feel pretty dang upset to see his car packed full with rotting fish heads and limburger cheese...Also, if the 542 women responsible were crowded onto the street where he lived, insisting that he move himself and his stinky car to another locale

:confused:

It sounds like there is truth to these allegations. Too many to discount. I think many ppl don't want these to be because that would mean we have been duped into believing the true person was not really the person/character we loved to watch. We assigned and associated these wonderful traits to someone who appeared to be a genuinely nice person, when in fact it may have been a character or persona instead. How disappointing. How human.

Meanwhile, Cosby's laywer, Martin Singer, has released a statement calling recent rape allegations 'increasingly ridiculous' and 'completely illogical.'

'This situation is an unprecedented example of the media's breakneck rush to run stories without any corroboration or adherence to traditional journalistic standards,' says Singer.

'Over and over again, we have refuted these new unsubstantiated stories with documentary evidence, only to have a new uncorroborated story crop up out of the woodwork. When will it end?'

He then closes by saying, 'It is long past time for this media vilification of Mr. Cosby to stop.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-one-woman-comes-protest.html#ixzz3JnF9rhkx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What documentary evidence have they provided to refute anything? They made a statement that Cosby does not want to dignify this with comment.

"Why did so many of Bill Cosby’s alleged victims stay silent for so long, and why are they coming forward now?"

"Therese Serignese, who claims Cosby drugged her and raped her during a meet-and-greet in a Las Vegas green room in 1976, says it’s because he wrote a near-perfect script to keep her quiet."

"I knew if I went public back in 1976, I would be crucified. People would ask, ‘Why did you take the pills? What were you wearing?’

"He didn’t drink or take the pills. They could test him, and he’d be clean."

"I was incredibly naive. I hadn’t been around the block. I trusted him and cooperated. I felt like I let it happen."

"He could have empowered me, told me to go to college and ended it there. But he didn’t care about me. He raped me."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...bill-cosby-rape-accusations-article-1.2019810

From above link:

"No one would have believed me. I guess in my mind, I thought I could have gotten in trouble. I thought people would blame me. You just try to forget about it."

"When the first victim came forward in 2005, I was angry that he called her a liar. I wanted to back her up. But even then I worried about the repercussions. I had younger children then."

"Ten years ago, the climate still wasn’t right. We would have all been humiliated. Now, I could see it was time, and I would be safer. I wouldn’t be alone. It took me 38 years to feel safe."

"I’m still getting ripped to shreds. But luckily, I can take that now."

What were your interactions with him like after that?
I never saw him again in my life. And not long after that, I resigned and went to work for a law firm, and then I got married. Every time I saw him on TV, I thought this isn't the good guy that he's portrayed to be.

Did you tell anyone about it?
Not for a long time. I didn't want to bring it up. I was embarrassed. How did that happen? I was embarrassed that I had put myself in that position, because the woman always blames herself, right?

But eventually you did say something.
Yes. When Andrea Constand brought her lawsuit against Cosby, I decided to come forward to her attorneys. I didn't think I was damaged, so there wouldn't be any lawsuit coming from me. I don't need money or aggravation. I'm very wealthy, so I have nothing to gain. But I wanted to come forward to tell the truth to back up other people.

Their stories are all the same. Suddenly, I was passed out, and the next thing I know, there he is. It's almost like he wants you awake. He waits.

So I spoke with a lawyer in the Constand case. I was one of those Jane Does. And then they settled it, and I got a letter from Constand's lawyer saying thank you very much.

Until I read about Andrea, I never really had a reason to tell anyone about it. But when I read about her, she's getting called a liar, and I don't like that. So I am going to say these people are not the only ones. And now that more women are coming forward and people are calling them liars, I decided to come forward again.

Were you ever deposed?
No, they said I may be deposed, but I wasn't. They told me that I may be subjected to a lot of hostility or bad publicity, and I said, That's fine. I'm telling the truth. That's fine.

Do you know any of the other accusers, the Jane Does or otherwise?
No, no I don't. I never met any of them. Never spoke with them.

And you never told anyone else but the lawyer?
Well, I did tell — I was living with the man I am now married to — I did tell him when the Constand case came up. I told him I was going forward.

What do you want to see happen now?
I've done what I thought was the right thing for me to do. I've come forward. But I am not trying to drive a process.

These things catch up with you eventually. Kind of wants you to lead an honest life. It all catches up. And now this is catching up with him.
Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/...ed-sexually-assault-1965/#2m6eOgALFUjRFlYK.99

Here's Kristina Ruehli on video:
http://www.nh1.com/videos/nh1-com-e...ew-with-kristina-ruehli-alleged-cosby-victim/

I've not had time to read through all of the posts so not sure if this has been seen:

Actress is Watching Nuts or *advertiser censored*

http://blindgossip.com/?p=66818

This nasty tactic is infuriating to one very significant person. This Actress actually worked alongside the TV Star for many years and was the object of his disgusting behavior on more than one occasion. She was ordered by producers to keep her mouth shut and she complied. She is now watching the current situation and weighing whether or not she will speak out publicly for the first time.

I've not had time to read through all of the posts so not sure if this has been seen:

This nasty tactic is infuriating to one very significant person. This Actress actually worked alongside the TV Star for many years and was the object of his disgusting behavior on more than one occasion. She was ordered by producers to keep her mouth shut and she complied. She is now watching the current situation and weighing whether or not she will speak out publicly for the first time.

it sounds like this woman has a lot to say......

MELBOURNE -- Embattled comedian and actor Bill Cosby said offers of cash and prizes to heckle his Friday night performance at the King Center for the Performing Arts only fed a "frat house mentality," and he defended his public silence as more women accuse him of sexual assault.

"I know people are tired of me not saying anything, but a guy doesn't have to answer to innuendos. People should fact check. People shouldn't have to go through that and shouldn't answer to innuendos," Cosby said during a one-one-one backstage interview with FLORIDA TODAY before his show began with a standing ovation.

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/n...l-cosby-at-king-center-in-melbourne/19363919/

Maybe this was already mentioned, sorry to jump in. After allegations against Canadian radio personality Jian Ghomeshi started coming out, a movement on twitter was created. #beenrapedneverreported started trending. This twitter hashtag was created by two Canadian journalists who were raped and never reported it. They came out and wrote articles about their experiences and posted tweets about it. The trend allowed many men and women to bravely come out about their trauma, guilt and pain to start healing again. Around the same time, more and more Bill Cosby allegations started occurring. Perhaps the twitter movement helped with this or maybe it is a coincidence. There will be many who will never feel safe enough to come forward and the number of rapes by Cosby will be much lower than it actually is, as it will be with Ghomeshi. JMO

Maybe this was already mentioned, sorry to jump in. After allegations against Canadian radio personality Jian Ghomeshi started coming out, a movement on twitter was created. #beenrapedneverreported started trending. This twitter hashtag was created by two Canadian journalists who were raped and never reported it. They came out and wrote articles about their experiences and posted tweets about it. The trend allowed many men and women to bravely come out about their trauma, guilt and pain to start healing again. Around the same time, more and more Bill Cosby allegations started occurring. Perhaps the twitter movement helped with this or maybe it is a coincidence. There will be many who will never feel safe enough to come forward and the number of rapes by Cosby will be much lower than it actually is, as it will be with Ghomeshi. JMO

You could very well be right matou.....I have been wondering what prompted the comedian to mention the BC rape allegations in his stand up routine seemingly out of the blue so that could be what started all the chatter.

Meanwhile, Cosby's laywer, Martin Singer, has released a statement calling recent rape allegations 'increasingly ridiculous' and 'completely illogical.'

'This situation is an unprecedented example of the media's breakneck rush to run stories without any corroboration or adherence to traditional journalistic standards,' says Singer.

'Over and over again, we have refuted these new unsubstantiated stories with documentary evidence, only to have a new uncorroborated story crop up out of the woodwork. When will it end?'

He then closes by saying, 'It is long past time for this media vilification of Mr. Cosby to stop.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ns-one-woman-comes-protest.html#ixzz3JnF9rhkx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What documentary evidence have they provided to refute anything? They made a statement that Cosby does not want to dignify this with comment.

BBM oh my, that is the very definition of irony. If traditional journalistic standards had been followed, this would have been old news a long time ago.

Based on what I've read, Cosby probably considers his statements of "no comment" to be documentary evidence. I believe his narcissism knows no bounds.

I wonder if this refers to Michelle Hurd (sp?) or yet another woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL