DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=98033

he's baaa-aack !

Randy Pausch suprise address to Carnegie-Melon Graduates

an incredible man

Hi there noZ-

Thanks for the update. Randy Pausch is an incredible man...it's inspiring to see the manner in which he's handling his impending death.

I especially liked this quote:

"It is not the things we do in life that we regret on our death bed. It is the things we do not. Find your passion and follow it."

I also liked that he said that we should measure our success in life by our relationships and not by how much money we make.

:)

I wish more people had this man's attitude and perseverance. It's an incredibly sad story, but I think he's fulfilling his purpose on this earth as the sun is setting on his life. :clap:

Nine months in and he is still inspiring the resources of tomorrow; our children!

Nine months in and he is still inspiring the resources of tomorrow; our children!

I'm not surprised this man has already lived beyond expectations. He's a fighter and I don't think he's done yet. :)

Being a very spiritual person, what I am surprised by is that (from what I've read in the links) there is no spiritual element to his final months of life. I would think that he would have larger issues to ponder besides what appears to be his "bucket list" (Experiencing zero gravity, play in the nfl, etc.) As brave and refreshing as his perspective is, I am left wondering when (or if) he will ever confront those big picture spiritual questions, like "why am I here?" or "what was all that for?" or "Where am I headed?"

Unless he is tackling all those issues privately and chooses not to go public with those matters, (which would be surprising, given that he seems so candid about his experience) I feel that much of his actions are designed to "stay busy" perhaps to avoid pondering those scary spiritual thoughts? In his shoes, I believe I would be less concerned about getting in my cycling time than I would about speaking with a spiritual guide of some sort and preparing spiritually for my own end.

I mean no disrespect of the man, and I thought I would bring up an element not previously mentioned on this thread, out of my own curiosity.
imo

The Chinese (Chan) Buddhist philosopher Lin-chi said "if you live the sacred and despise the ordinary, you are still bobbing in the ocean of delusion."

Lin-chi was one of the predecessors of Zen Buddhism.

It is possible that Dr Pausch has considered those questions earlier in life and come to answers that satisfy him.

I noticed his CA19-9 was up to 1400 on 6-20-08. It was 634 May 13. Normal is usually considered 0-33. That's not looking good. I so wish for this man to get well. :praying:

I noticed his CA19-9 was up to 1400 on 6-20-08. It was 634 May 13. Normal is usually considered 0-33. That's not looking good. I so wish for this man to get well. :praying:

Can you explain to me what this test is or a link to its reference? TIA.

He is a remarkable man and one of the many remarkable people who fight these battles everyday. From very young to very old and all very special. They all have a special awareness that is unseen to the average viewer. They all have a special awareness as to what is their fate and when this fate will occur. Many times it is to fulfill a goal, that an impending death will be put aside, or even a reconciliation that needs to be addressed. Most people from what I have read reach a peacefulness and a joy as death nears. Most suffering is able to be relieved medically in a controlled situation. This is not the case for people who are violently murdered but hopefully the peace comes in seconds not minutes or hours.

In the blog it said about the tumor marker, "But by the time this is over, it'll probably be over 5,000, so don't worry too much just yet!" Since April it has gone from 400, to 600, and to 1,400.

This is a dreadful disease.

Randy is a remarkable guy, that is for sure. I pray for him every night.

I check Randy's page everyday. It is so sad. Unfortunately, my FIL's tumor markers are starting to rise and I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the tumors start to appear. What a disgusting disease.

There hasn't been an update on Randy's site for quite some time. We should give a few prayers to him, he and his family could probably use them.

..he certainly has my thoughts and prayers.
I just wanted to mention that I got his book for my daughter,who's going off to college this fall.It makes a great graduation or going -away gift.he really has some life-long lessons in there for young ppl.(I'm in no way affiliated with the book.I've been a poster here for awhile now).just something I wanted to share.

I never thought of giving "The Last Lecture" as a gift. That is a wonderful idea and I am sure it would be very appreciated.

Randy's website posted a new update today. His condition has declined and he is now receiving hospice. My prayers go out to him and his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarolAnnWalker112947
Back