Raven Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have watched my tape of show several times, I definitely think he said "WASN"T" and realized the slip and got flustered.
That's exactly what I think. You can almost see damage control kicking in inside of his brain. It seemed that when he realized what had happened, a gap occurred while he was trying to figure out how to recover from the mistake and he decided to pretend that the awkward pause was due to emotion. But when he tried to fix it by playing up the emotion, it just came across as completely disingenuous. It was creepy and it definitely shows a different person than the one we saw in the earlier segments of the interview.

BTW, booradley, I love when other people join us on the threads and I'm sure that the others here do as well. We can sometimes get bogged down in our own ideas and opinions and hearing from others can help us to see things more clearly. Keep on posting with us! :)

Let's say you are one of Janet's or Raven's relatives. You know he's a sociopath and you believe 100% that he committed the murder of Janet and her unborn child. You have no more proof than LE does. Do you come out and state it publicly?

No, but I bet that if they believe that Raven is guilty and should pay for his actions they spend a great deal of time working with the investigators on this case giving them all the information they have. I would think that they would be spending their efforts behind the scenes helping this case move to a grand jury and then to a qualified DA who will have the stones to win this case and put that SOB away for life. The fact that Janet's family has never been linked with Raven in any of the media interviews that they have done including the vigil for Janet and the march for silent victims in Durham says more to me than a public denouncement of him.

Wow, I didn't quite think about it that way Bird Hunter. He never did go to any function with Janet's family, but I think he showed up for Southern Virginia University Homecoming the previous year.

How many things he has stated to his family is different than what they heard on the 911 video, seen in the video, heard come out of his mouth during the interview? How are they going to handle it? Will they ignore it? Would you be able to deal?

Christmas is coming and Raven will be seeing relatives and friends. It makes me think about how it would be to sit in a room with him, knowing he lied, the thoughts creeping into my consciousness, that he did it, and having to sit there and not say anything and get through this family dinner with him.

Why would he have to “prep for weeks” for the interview. Getting his story straight? I would think the whole evening would be emblazed in his brain whether he likes to think about it or not. He says he cannot remember what they had for dinner but he says they ate in front of the tv and offers a myriad of other useless information?!

He is sooo self satisfied :sick:

IMO the fake crying gives them away every time.

Why would he have to “prep for weeks” for the interview. Getting his story straight? I would think the whole evening would be emblazed in his brain whether he likes to think about it or not. He says he cannot remember what they had for dinner but he says they ate in front of the tv and offers a myriad of other useless information?!

He is sooo self satisfied :sick:

IMO the fake crying gives them away every time.

Raven is a planner. He used to follow the Franklin Covey planning methods. My thoughts are he prepped for the Murder of Janet and his unborn child. Raven seems very OCD in many ways. He was a neat freak, and every thing has it's place, he likes his clothes folded a certain way and he liked things the way he liked them. Planning is very important to someone like Raven.

He planned that his words would be brought back up, the day before the murder he writes that little diddy, "If I were a bird"....

IMO he knew she was carrying carrying a baby, he prepped and planned getting rid of the murder weapon, the 911 call, the conveniently displaced vehicles, he prepped in advance fixing Janet's car for the move back to Utah, he preps his various rantings and intimidations in front of friends and family and people he knows.

I believe in his prepping for this interview he even aimed some of it at Websleuthers. I believe he prepped so he could rub things into Law Enforcment's faces, knowing they haven't arrested him yet, so therefore they must have nothing, and knowing they haven't come out to publicly name him a suspect, they won't call him out on some of the crap he said during this interview.

IMO he's a planner and he's dangerous.

..i had almost forgotten abpout the franklin covey "planning" thing that he did.......( that was brought to light soooo long ago-----------excellent point)

..i listened to the interview many times----------it seems so rehearsed at times--(most times actually)--------and the crying ( to me , anyway ) comes across as forced.

..i can pick out instances where he's "laughing at" WS , and/or LE , thinking that he has had the last laugh, little does he apparently know that LE is diligently building their case behind the scenes, and that his arrest is imminent.

..what an idiot , to put himself within 18 minutes of Time Of Death, ( per the real timeline ) and think he'd actually get away with it.

..raven abaroa----pull up your franklin covey planner--------plan on how you're going to get along with your prison inmates....in particular, those that don't take kindly to wife/baby killers such as yourself........

Hi Guys! I've always read but don't think I posted very much about this case. I agree with the pp who said he's a planner and OCD. AND what is one of the most unplanned events in a person's life?? A new baby. I believe the minute he realized she was pg he began planning the murder. This new child didn't fit into his 'life plan'.

I also can see him lying and addressing WS in this interview. I'm freaked out by how many of his answers are seeminly aimed at ws'ers questions. I've always figured he lurks around alot, but he must really pay attention. He's very much like Scott Peterson in this interview. It's an act. He's trying act how he feels a husband of a murdered wife and unborn child should. I swear he reminds me of someone in a Lifetime movie. I just can't place the exact movie to name it for you.

Here's another perfect example of the father who, imo, murdered the mother and is keeping the child from her family. We have Stacy Peterson, Michelle Young, and Janet. If these men truly are innocent why are they so hell bent on keeping their distance from their wive's family? It makes no sense.

I was watching the movie, "Knocked Up", last night, and while watching the childbirth scene, I felt as though I knew exactly what was going to happen next. Why? Because Raven described that particular scene when he was talking about Kaiden's birth! Sorry, Rave, ya' lost me on that one!

Yup, the dude watches too many movies & Lifetime Television.

Hi Guys! I've always read but don't think I posted very much about this case. I agree with the pp who said he's a planner and OCD. AND what is one of the most unplanned events in a person's life?? A new baby. I believe the minute he realized she was pg he began planning the murder. This new child didn't fit into his 'life plan'.

I also can see him lying and addressing WS in this interview. I'm freaked out by how many of his answers are seeminly aimed at ws'ers questions. I've always figured he lurks around alot, but he must really pay attention. He's very much like Scott Peterson in this interview. It's an act. He's trying act how he feels a husband of a murdered wife and unborn child should. I swear he reminds me of someone in a Lifetime movie. I just can't place the exact movie to name it for you.

Here's another perfect example of the father who, imo, murdered the mother and is keeping the child from her family. We have Stacy Peterson, Michelle Young, and Janet. If these men truly are innocent why are they so hell bent on keeping their distance from their wive's family? It makes no sense.

Don't forget Lisa Stebic. :(

I haven't followed this case, but I did recently watch the interviews with Raven. He is very convincing at times, particularly when he reminisces about the "good times". I also get the impression that he has rehearsed this story with his church elders many times, and has almost perfected it. I have a couple of comments.

- He seems to start laughing and joking at odd times, then composes himself into the sad husband again.
- Did I understand correctly that he told his in-laws that Janet shot herself? Within the Mormon religion, wouldn't that would be a very serious problem regarding the afterlife? (this seems consistent with his other comments about Janet pulling away from the church)
- I was surprised that he said he knew about the first pregnancy from the beginning, yet others say that Janet kept the pregnancy to herself until the 5th month, when she started showing.
- Raven seems to have rehearsed his description of the night she was murdered so often that the details about folding laundry and standing by the crib are the points he wants to emphasize, reinforcing his claim that they worked and cooperated together.
- He says he had homework and Janet wanted him to finish it rather than play soccer. He says he needed a break from the homework, but from his description of the evening, he hadn't done any homework yet: company for dinner, giving away a TV, folding laundry, putting Kaiden to bed, enjoying the sunset, and heading out to soccer.
- Changing a tire really confuses me. I thought they were on a tight budget, so why couldn't he change the tire himself? The tire had a bubble in it, and it sounds like they were replacing the tire. Why didn't he go out and buy a tire, then put it on? Even if it was going to be replaced, that can be scheduled and done in about 15 minutes, so why was the car dropped off to have a tire changed?
- He constantly talks about how bright she is, but then makes a point of saying she took 5 years to complete her 4 year degree and really enjoyed filing.
- Why did he say that when he saw the door cracked open a bit, he thought he might have left it open? He had left a couple of hours earlier and a bright girl would have closed the door at some point in the evening.
- He claims that "your life flashes before your eyes" (in relation to finding his wife) but in fact that is what people say happens as you die, not when you find someone murdered.
- Finally, the time line has me completely perplexed. In fact, I have to wonder why he hasn't been arrested on the basis of the timeline. He arrived home at 10:40, the autopsy says Janet was mortally injured at 10:50, she passed away at 10:55, and Raven called 911 at 10:58. He didn't see anyone else in the house between 10:40 and 11, so he was the only person in the house when she was murdered. Why hasn't there been an arrest on that basis alone? Anyone know what the hold up is?

You bring up some great posts Otto!

One of them I also have a hard time with. In the 911 call, he specifically states that the door was opened and then takes the time to explain to the operator why he thinks the door was opened...who does that??
BUT in the interview, he states that there was nothing strange or wrong when he got home and went upstairs to check on his kid. I don't know about anybody else, but if I came home late and found my door slightly opened, I would find that strange or wrong and would be cautious when entering the house....not go about my normal behavior as he states!

You bring up some great posts Otto!

One of them I also have a hard time with. In the 911 call, he specifically states that the door was opened and then takes the time to explain to the operator why he thinks the door was opened...who does that??
BUT in the interview, he states that there was nothing strange or wrong when he got home and went upstairs to check on his kid. I don't know about anybody else, but if I came home late and found my door slightly opened, I would find that strange or wrong and would be cautious when entering the house....not go about my normal behavior as he states!

That is a weird one. He said that the door was open a crack, so he assumed that he left it open at 8:30 when he left. Another thing that seems unusual is the 911 call when he seems to be mumbling like a nutbar at the end of the call. Calling her parents at 5:30 in the morning to tell them that she shot herself, even though there is no gun, is absurd, as well as extremely hurtful for a Mormon family. It also sounds like he put on the same hysterical show for her parents as he did for the 911 operator. They said that they could hardly understand him when he called, thinking he was Janet, just like the 911 operator who at first called him mam. Did he turn on the hysterics for the two phone calls, and in between was calm enough to quiet a crying infant? I'd say that Raven definitely had the hysterics during the 911 call that we would expect to see on a TV movie, but not what I would expect in normal life.

Just wanted to add, has there ever been an explanation about why Raven has not been arrested based on the timeline alone? He was admittedly in the house from 10:40 until 11 and no strangers were in the house. The time of death is at 10:55 pm. I don't understand why the prosecutor has not gone forward with an arrest. They don't need a murder weapon because they have the Christmas video with him holding a knife with a blade that's about 1" wide, which is consistent with the autopsy remarks of cuts about 1" wide. He seemed rather pleased with the gift he bought himself, and Janet didn't look all that happy about it. Sure he blubbers really well about how Kaiden doesn't have a mom, but those videographed laughing moments in between the tears (when he thinks he's off camera) tell a bigger story about what he's really feeling. All that "heavenly father" stuff sounds right out of a conversation he would have had with church elders in counseling. You could see that when he was a little lost for what to say (almost as though the elders asked some pointed questions about the same things) he switched his tune to religion. He explains everything by saying "he lost his way". It all sounds very nice, but fraud and theft are more about greed and assuming others are too stupid to see what's going on than 'losing one's way'.

There's a big financial motive staring everyone in the face. He was so desperate for money he stole from his company and humiliated his wife. He was probably facing jail time, but with the circumstances surrounding his wife's murder, he was probably given some leniency so he could care for Kaiden. He has a huge insurance policy, and all of a sudden his wife is murdered in their bedroom while he's the only other adult in the house.

So what is the holdup for the prosecution? Are they afraid to take murders to trial in that part of the country? Maybe there was no blood evidence on his clothes, but that's not a problem since he could easily have hidden them somewhere outside close by and made the call at 11:58. He had 8 minutes, and I think I read that there was blood evidence on the side of the house. Maybe he was in soccer shorts and a t-shirt when the police arrived, but he should have plenty of outfits like that.

So isn't there a Part V to the interview? Or did they really end the interview on Raven's fake tears? I thought there would be more but so far nothing is posted. Does anybody know for sure?

So isn't there a Part V to the interview? Or did they really end the interview on Raven's fake tears? I thought there would be more but so far nothing is posted. Does anybody know for sure?

I don't think anything more was added. There were a few parts to the interview, but it's been a while since I watched the clips at NC Wanted.

I guess the problem with an arrest is pinning down the time of death. Does anyone know why the medical examiner said the murder was at such an exact time, or am I mistaken on the exact time?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/LTUCher/Janet Marie Christiansen/Autopsy/AR1.jpg

In information about Occurrence it states:

Onset of Injury or Illness: Date: 4-26-05 Time: About 22:50
Death: Date: 4-26-05 Time: About 22:55
View of Body: Date: 4-28-05 Time: 11:00 am
ME Notified: 4-27-05
Last Known to be alive: 4-26-05 Time: About 19:00

The word "About" is very telling IMO.

Also note the Last known to be alive: 19:00 = 7:00 pm which is the time the "friend or hometeacher" left!

That's "About" is probably the only accurate part regarding the timing.

Please note the ME was not INFORMED of the death until 4-27-05 - and no time put there, but also notice he did not view Janet's body until 4-28-05.

Please note the ME was not INFORMED of the death until 4-27-05 - and no time put there, but also notice he did not view Janet's body until 4-28-05.
This is something that's always bothered me. Is a ME usually on the scene? That could have made a tremendous difference in this case.

It sounds like thats the last time she was "known" to be alive. Because that IS when anyone last saw her. That has nothing to do with the autopsy. Thats from the last person to have SAID they seen her alive. Right?

I believe the 7:00 pm timing is the last time a person other than Raven could confirm that Janet was alive.

I will take the quotes from the 911 call and the capitals will be me with my theory crafting.

911 Call - Please visit this link to see a transcript of the entire 911 call

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56082

OP: Durham 911 Where is your emergency?

R: Help**(Inaudible) I’m at home** my wife** (speaking over the OP)

OP: Mam I can’t understand you.

R: My wife she’s dead.

OP: What?

R: My wife is dead.

HIS REAL OPENER IS MY WIFE SHE'S DEAD....

Then states:

OP: Where are you mam?

R: My. (breathing) My wife is not breathing. She’s

THEN HE STATES SHE'S NOT BREATHING...

OP: Ok, you’re going to have to calm down ok, what’s the address?

R: 2606 Ferrand Drive. 2606 Ferrand Drive.

OP: Ok, now tell me what’s wrong.

R: She’s been shot or something there’s blood everywhere.

OP: She’s been shot?

HE STATES SHE HAS BEEN SHOT - THE NEXT REFERENCES GOES BACK TO HIM STATING OUTRIGHT SHE IS DEAD....

OP: Ok, listen to me honey ok? I need you to calm down for me, alright, answer me some questions. Is your wife conscious?

R: No. She’s like blue.

OP: She’s blue?

R: Her eyes are open. (sobbing)

BASICALLY RIGHT HERE, SHE COULD NOT HAVE BEEN DEAD FOR A FEW MINUTES -SHE IS ALREADY BLUE - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO THOUGHTS ON DOING CPR - NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER THAT SHE COULD HAVE BEEN ALIVE OR JUST RECENTLY DEAD, WHICH IS SOMETHING YOU WILL SEE LATER DOWN IN THE 911 CALL.

OP: Ok, listen to me now, ok? I want you to listen to me very carefully, ok?

R: She’s not breathing.** (over the top of the OP)

R: There’s like stuff everywhere.

AGAIN HE SAYS SHE'S NOT BREATHING, THERE'S LIKE STUFF EVERYWHERE - THEN THE 911 OPERATOR TRIES TO CALM HIM DOWN A BIT MORE THEN ASKS ABOUT CPR

R: Yeah.

OP: Just, you’re doin’ well. Just stay with me and try to calm down. I’m gonna keep you on the phone until I get you help there, ok? Do you feel like doin’ CPR

would help?

R: She’s not with me.

OP: She’s not?

R: I need my Bishop.

HE AUTOMATICALLY AGAIN STATES SHE'S NOT WITH ME - AND THEN ASKS FOR THE BISHOP.

OP: Ok, just, just calm down for me, ok? Come on take some more deep breaths for me. In through the nose out through the mouth, ok?

OP: Can you tell how many times your wife has been shot?

OP: Do you see any bullet holes?

R: I can see one, like right in the chest.

OP: Shot in the chest?

R: Yeah, I put my hand on it but nothing. It’s, it’s not bleeding, it’s nothing.

R: (Inaudible) What’s his name?

OP: Raven, Raven, Raven stay with me honey I need you to calm down, ok?

R: (Inaudible)

OP: Try to calm down for me, ok? Deep breaths, in through the nose out through the mouth slowly. Where is the baby?

R: He’s in my hands, he’s (Inaudible)

GROSS FACTOR - I PRAY THAT RAVEN WASN'T HOLDING KAIDEN OVER JANET'S BODY AND THEN PUTTING HIS HAND ON HER AT THE TIME.

IN THE ABOVE HE STATES HE PUT HIS HAND ON HER CHEST - HE CAN CLEARLY SEE THE BULLET HOLE AND IT'S NOT BLEEDING, IT'S NOTHING. NOW WE ALL KNOW THAT JANET WAS STABBED NOT SHOT - BUT HE STATES IT'S NOT BLEEDING, IT'S NOTHING.

ALSO WE KNOW RAVEN WAS PROFICIENT WITH KNIVES AND COLLECTED KNIVES - NOT GUNS.

IF JANET WAS JUST RECENTLY MURDERED THERE WOULD HAVE BLOOD. - AND IT STILL WOULD HAVE BEEN WET - THERE WOULD HAVE EVEN BEEN A POOL IF IT WAS RECENT. HE STATED HE PUT HIS HAND THERE AND THERE WAS NOTHING...HE DOES NOT CLAIM TO HAVE BLOOD POURING OUT - HE SAID THERE WAS NOTHING.

Not much that Raven has ever said has been very believable but for some reason these are the things that I do believe.

I believe she was dead and blue and there was no pumping blood. I believe he knew there was nothing that could be done to save Janet.

I myself believe he murdered Janet. I believe he took the laptop and the weapon and whatever else and hid them on the way to the soccer game.

I believe he came home and staged the 911 call. I believe this was all planned and premeditated.

I believe the laptop and the weapon are long gone and will never be found.

I believe that he knew that Janet was pregnant.

I believe that if given the chance, he will marry and kill again.

I believe he left that baby in that house with a dying mother and I believe the about was just that - an approximate timing between the time she was found and the time she was seen last alive.

I believe if the ME showed up at the house THAT DAY the autopsy report would have stated something different.

I pray that someone that was there that day made better notes than the ME regarding the condition of Janet and we don't just have the 911 call to go by.

Are you able to view the memorial video of Janet? It seems Raven had a video camera in the room with him and Janet. No one else was present there, but you see Kaiden being placed on Janet, still "new". If something as serious as he tells the interviewer happened. "A cord around Kaiden's neck several times" "Kaiden blue and not breathing" I would think that the delivery room would have been a very different place. The doctors and nurses would have gone into full mode to save that baby and that video camera would have been required to be put aside.

I had a baby with some complications. They never noticed the camera or video cameras. They also did not place the baby on me either. I swear it seemed like people came out of the walls. They worked on her and removed her to the NICU. If it was like he said the baby would not have been placed on Janet. In my opinion.

I am going to go over these interviews again and maybe others want to also and start dissecting the truth vs. Raven.

This guy is a menace to society and he lies on a dime and maybe we can start working on something to mail to Tracey Cline!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glop722
Back