Reasons Terri May or May Not Have Done it

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Revenge/wanted to be rid of him and/or Kaine, etc.

There isn't much evidence pointing toward an inability to let go on Terri's part. She's been married three times and has divorced two men. She and one of her ex-husbands cheated on each other, but to my knowledge, and probably to his knowledge since he speaks highly of her, it ended amicably despite the inherent complications of adultery. She isn't fighting the divorce from Kaine. A narcissistic sociopath with borderline personality disorder (or whatever diagnosis people want to ascribe Terri) would probably be wrecking her case with all kinds of grandiose demands and refusals, causing a scene and being a general pain in the *advertiser censored* for her lawyer. With the exception of the Michael Cook fiasco, Terri has been remarkably quiet and is adhering to what are obviously Houze's rules for defending her.

Did she resent Kyron?

Terri helped raise Kyron and was his primary caregiver for most of his life. By all accounts, she loved him. The swim instructor said he didn't even know Kyron was Terri's stepson until Kyron disappeared. J, who lived in the house and who was raised alongside Kyron, says Kyron wasn't treated differently than him. Pictures can be deceiving, but Kyron appears well cared for -- he's included in games, family rituals, holidays, gift giving, interaction with baby K and J, special outings, his clothes are nice, he's clean, he appears healthy, his basic needs have been addressed (glasses, etc.), Terri drove him for weekend visits with his mother, Terri kept Desiree informed (perhaps over-informed) about Kyron's progress in school, pictures were taken of him, attention was given him by Terri as she volunteered in his classroom and helped him with his projects. Not even Desiree will call Terri a bad mother. She's called her a good actress, she's called her a liar, she's accused her of being involved in Kyron's disappearance, but she hasn't come out and accused Terri being a bad mother or abusive to Kyron. In fact, she said that Terri had given Kyron what he needed and that Kyron didn't complain about Terri in any way that was abnormal. Other witnesses have come forward to say that Terri loved her children. She referred to Kyron as her son and he called her mom.

$$$

IMHO, money is out. The cunning of the plan involved speaks to the intelligence of the person who committed this crime even if it is only common sense intelligence. IMHO, if Terri was smart enough, in a common sense way, to pull this off, she would've been smart enough to realize how convoluted it would be for Kyron's disappearance to benefit her financially.

Time

Most of Terri's day checks out. She didn't just account for her time, but LE have verified it. It stretches the suspension of disbelief for me to imagine that she abducted Kyron from his school with her 18 month old daughter in tow, incapacitated him, again, with baby K in tow, and drove around Portland with his dead and/or incapacitated body in the truck while she established her alibis. Knowing her incapacitated or dead stepson was in her truck in the parking lot, she ran into the acquaintance from the gym, had a completely normal, if longer than usual, conversation with this woman, giving nothing away. After establishing her alibis, she then proceeded, with her daughter in tow, to drive to an undisclosed location, leave baby K in the truck, murder the boy she's dedicated the last several years of her life raising and/ or dispose of him (if he was already dead), and then head to the gym without missing a beat. Somehow, no one sees her doing anything nefarious at Skyline or anywhere else, and she leaves behind absolutely no evidence of her crimes. This cold-hearted, cunning woman, the one who planned the nearly flawless abduction and murder of her stepson, is caught three weeks later with batphones and sexting her husband's high school friend.

I don't buy it.

cypress, your post is extraordinary in that it exudes so much logic!

Since there are no facts in this case we must all rely on our logic - yours is amazing and a pleasure to read! :yes:

Money. She liked the lifestyle afforded her by being married to an Intel engineer. But she didn't like the Intel engineer.

If she offed the engineer first (MFH) then that would have left Kyron as an heir in the estate and a beneficiary in any life insurance policies.

So the heir/beneficiary had to go before the engineer could be taken out.

She never expected Kaine to push her out of the house. Her plan was to play the mourning stepmother, let things take their own course for awhile. After awhile of Kaine mourning Kyron, he would be the next to go. Whether by contrived suicide or accident...

That would leave Terri to inherit the house, the property, everything. Including life insurance payouts.

I'm not firmly committed to this explanation, but it's just one that I've toyed with.

The other motive I see is just that she's a psychobeast and hated Kyron, saw him as competition for the baby, and couldn't stand that.

Slightly off topic question : IS KH actually an engineer ? I seem to remember at the beginning,reading that he was only involved in the business side of Intel.Not so much the IT side ? I know KH's brother,Kristian, was employed in the IT sector in the Seattle area, before he was incarcerated... I was just curious...

All JMO

Slightly off topic question : IS KH actually an engineer ? I seem to remember at the beginning,reading that he was only involved in the business side of Intel.Not so much the IT side ? I know KH's brother,Kristian, was employed in the IT sector in the Seattle area, before he was incarcerated... I was just curious... All JMO

Responding to OT: My understanding is that Kaine is an analyst in the architecture division of Intel in Hillsboro.

Pure speculation here. *If* TH was involved in *whatever* happened to Ky, IMO it is directly linked to her involvement with unsavory characters. Maybe she owed "them" money, and they demanded a guarantee of payment (could also explain getting J out of the house). Maybe "they" needed a guarantee TH wouldn't "out" them for a co-illicit activity. IDK. IMO, a payout to TH from a lawsuit/life insurance/SSI makes little sense. But that's just me.

Responding to OT: My understanding is that Kaine is an analyst in the architecture division of Intel in Hillsboro.

BetteDavis Eyes,
Thank you for the info... Yes, I could see KH as more of an IT person. I looked, and in some news reports he's described as a " software engineer " like his brother. I'm too lazy to look in Linkdin... I was employed as an analyst myself, but not in an IT function, so that part interests me... Sorry all,for the OT ...

All JMO

September 3 article: But he's kept busy, working as a software engineer at Intel, caring for his 21-month-old daughter, K****, and tending to activities for his son.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/kaine_horman_holding_out_hope.html

August 4: Kaine Horman has moved back home and returned on a limited basis to his work as an engineer at Intel, while trying to keep life as normal as possible for toddler K****.

http://www.kgw.com/news/kyron-horman/2-months-later-where-is-Kyron-Horman-99784814.html

July article: Every day, says Kaine, a software engineer for Intel, "it feels like you're waking up right into a nightmare. . . . You're hoping it's something that you dreamed and when you wake up everything is okay, and every day it's not."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20399962,00.html

And there are many others that refer to him as a software engineer. An analyst is a type of engineer, as far as his official job title goes.

She [B]may not have[/B] done it, because she didn't, wouldn't and couldn't harm her beautiful stepson.

On the other hand, she may have done it, because she was just pretending to care for him for the last 5-6 years of his life (for some unknown reason) and really couldn't stand him.

Go figure.

She [B]may not have[/B] done it, because she didn't, wouldn't and couldn't harm her beautiful stepson.

On the other hand, she may have done it, because she was just pretending to care for him for the last 5-6 years of his life (for some unknown reason) and really couldn't stand him.

Go figure.

I''ll going with... She done it and she was just pretending to Kaine and Desiree she cared about him...Other people not too much....JMHO

A person could harm a child (like the accused Casey A.) when there is rejection from the family. Kyron could have made it known that he wanted his Mom and Kaine could have announced a divorce whether he admits to it or not.

Drugs and/or alcohol can make mental problems worse and cause irritability and rage in some people.

Or,

Kryon could be hidden, because she wants to keep him plus end her marriage

Worst case scenario is when a narcissist premeditates and wants to end marriage and solve financial problems even if it involves getting rid of a child. We've been told that she spent money like water and I've read other places that there was lots of debt.

Yes, I am a fence sitter and not because I have a soft spot for Terri or that Kain's character grates on my last nerve. It's because I need to hear something tangible about who was responsible for Kyron's disappearance. Reliable sources and grieving parents don't do it for me I need proof, just because Terri has a less than stellar character does not mean she abducted and murdered a child that she obviously cared for very much . I never saw fear in Kyron's eyes in any picture she took of him, never saw anything but a child joyfully hamming it up for the camera. So, she loves him immerses herself in his life, supports his school is a good mom until for no real reason she just decides to do away with him.
To be honest Terri is not my favorite human being but I can separate that from what almost everyone but LE is accusing her of. I will wait until LE decides that it has enough to charge her and lets us know why. It seems at the moment theory is being quoted as fact and facts are being ignored to maintain the current level of antipathy toward her and that just is not fair.
Above all we need to bring Kyron home.

Money. After awhile of Kaine mourning Kyron, he would be the next to go. Whether by contrived suicide or accident...

Puf...I swear when I read your post above (respectfully snipped and bolded by me) the hair on my neck stood up and I got goosebumps.....contrived suicide down the road by Kaine after being unable to recover from the tragic loss of his only son....MY GOD...I sooooo think you're on to something here. When the murder for hire didnt work and she realized it was a bad plan anyway since the estate would go to Kyron in trust probably via Desiree she figured out a way to "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak....OMG although this only speculation and our opinions and nothing is based in fact, it is the theory that makes the most sense to me...if this DOES turn out to be true and we ever find out that is...then she is more evil and diabolical than I ever could have fathomed.

Question-hypothetical: It's obvious that Terri set this up to look like a stranger abduction, with her saying that there was a male chaperone that no one knew and that Kyron was seen with him.

So, Kyron disappears - the male chaperone is blamed.

Then say, for the sake of this question, Kaine is killed in an accident or feigned suicide a year from now.

Would BabyK stand to receive social security monthly checks after her father passed away? Would Terri receive anything from SS after Kaine's demise?

Thanks to anyone who understands the intricacies of SSI and all... I know nothing about any of it.

Yes, I believe Baby K would receive dependent survivor benefits but unless they had been married 10 years or more, Terry would not. I could be wrong but this is how I interpret the rules.

Yes to both. The baby would receive benefits until 18, I think, and Terri until the baby is 16, I think. Probably something in the $2200/mo range, total, I think. Terri would get the benefits as the caretaker of the minor child. Later, after she retires, she would then be entitled to the regular retirement benefits.

"Social Security survivors benefits can be paid to:
A widow or widower -- full benefits at full retirement age, or reduced benefits as early as age 60
A disabled widow or widower -- as early as age 50
A widow or widower at any age if he or she takes care of the deceased's child who is under age 16 or disabled, and receiving Social Security benefits
Unmarried children under 18, or up to age 19 if they are attending high school full time. Under certain circumstances, benefits can be paid to stepchildren, grandchildren, or adopted children.
Children at any age who were disabled before age 22 and remain disabled.
Dependent parents age 62 or older"

http://www.ssa.gov/ww&os2.htm

"retired" would mean she would have to have a job...sorry, I just couldn't resist! :innocent:

KYRON was old enough to tell SECRETS now.
WAS he a WITNESS or made to be a PLAYER in a Bad situation???
What did he see, hear?
MFH details? *advertiser censored*? Sexting? Affairs?? Drugs??

I think a lot of people have let their imaginations run amok and they're projecting scenerios about a woman that they not only do not know but have never even heard speak.

The sheer venom that is spewed about her is startling because nothing, so far, has definitively linked her to Kyron's disappearance.

IMHO, while it is always possible that she is indeed guilty in Kyron's disappearance, it is also always possible that an as yet unknown predator managed to take the child.

LE has not shared with the public any evidence that has come to light that points to anyone, including TH. She has been accused by her husband and his ex wife. That seems to be enough for many people to accept as gospel truth.

I think Cypress has once again written a simply brilliant piece of logic. I wanna say "yeah...what Cypress said".

When some true evidence is found and made public, when the actual crime that was committed is known, then I can make up my mind as to probable guilt or innocence.

Puf...I swear when I read your post above (respectfully snipped and bolded by me) the hair on my neck stood up and I got goosebumps.....contrived suicide down the road by Kaine after being unable to recover from the tragic loss of his only son....MY GOD...I sooooo think you're on to something here. When the murder for hire didnt work and she realized it was a bad plan anyway since the estate would go to Kyron in trust probably via Desiree she figured out a way to "kill two birds with one stone" so to speak....OMG although this only speculation and our opinions and nothing is based in fact, it is the theory that makes the most sense to me...if this DOES turn out to be true and we ever find out that is...then she is more evil and diabolical than I ever could have fathomed.

This has become my most likely theory on motive. Like you said, it's dependent on Terry being evil and diabolical--and a strategist. I think that she had been planning Kyron's disappearance since at least last November. I also think that the murder for hire wasn't to take place until after Kyron was deceased, for the very reasons you state in your post.

I think a lot of people have let their imaginations run amok and they're projecting scenerios about a woman that they not only do not know but have never even heard speak.

The sheer venom that is spewed about her is startling because nothing, so far, has definitively linked her to Kyron's disappearance.

IMHO, while it is always possible that she is indeed guilty in Kyron's disappearance, it is also always possible that an as yet unknown predator managed to take the child.

LE has not shared with the public any evidence that has come to light that points to anyone, including TH. She has been accused by her husband and his ex wife. That seems to be enough for many people to accept as gospel truth.

I think Cypress has once again written a simply brilliant piece of logic. I wanna say "yeah...what Cypress said".

When some true evidence is found and made public, when the actual crime that was committed is known, then I can make up my mind as to probable guilt or innocence.

Are you implying this has happened here on WS?

I just can't formulate a reason why she may or may not have done whatever has been done to Kyron either. We have so little information, considering how much we have heard and read about Terri; almost none of it comes from LE.

I can't get past the fact that neither Desiree or Kaine can come up with a reason why Terri would harm Kyron, so how on earth can I come up with one? And it also bothers me that only now, after the fact, do they "see" all of these ominous qualities in Terri, yet both seemed content to have her basically be one of Kyron's primary caregivers since he was a baby.

The sheer number of photos we have been allowed to see of Kyron say something to me...he was not a neglected little boy in any way and he was treated to many fun activites and trips. And he always looks happy. And so does Terri. I just don't get it.

BBM

Thanks for this post. Sometimes I have to remind myself that Terri has never said a word publicly. There have been reports of her expressing to friends (and however you want to classify Michael Cook) that she misses Kyron and/or baby K and wants them home, but those private statements are rarely reported because they don't support the guilt meme.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusyQ
Back