Reasons why you think it could be suicide

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, no, no, no, no, Lash. It's so obvious. One of the POI's used the panties as a mask worn over their head to conceal their identity. The leg holes were perfect because it allowed them to see what they were doing. Why can't everyone see that? Duh. Double duh.

I'm guessing they were thong panties. Because those would make the very best mask, right? Lots of unobstructed vision with the thong running down your nose. Perhaps Adam's secret lover had a wig malfunction, and had to improvise a mask to conceal her identity at the last moment.

Perhaps Dina was at the mansion on a purely selfless mission to provide some counseling to Rebecca? She knew how distraught Rebecca was over Max, so she decided to make a professional house call to provide some emergency grief counseling, IMO. The panty mask was probably a therapeutic technique, to help Rebecca feel more comfortable with the emergency counseling session, since Rebecca was nude and distraught. Then Dina stopped by the guest house when she was done counseling, to say goodbye to Adam before she left, and accidentally left her panty mask behind. It might have happened that way. Maybe the mayor was there by then?

Rebecca was so distraught by this act of kindness from Dina that she just couldn't go on living, IMO. If only Dina had stayed just a few more minutes, with a few more words of kindness and comfort, perhaps Rebecca would still be alive? Did Dina abandon a patient in crisis? Did Dina even realize how suicidal Rebecca was? Did she just watch Rebecca hitting herself on the head with the dog bone, and not do ANYTHING?

Did she watch Rebecca tie herself up? Was Dina upset because her counseling wasn't working, and Rebecca was going to kill herself any way? Did Dina run to the guest house with the panties on her head, to wake Adam to have him help her talk Rebecca out of killing herself? And that's how the panties got there??

In any event, that's the theory that makes the most sense to me. If only Dina had stayed longer with Rebecca, she'd still be alive, right? IMO. This is all about patient confidentiality, right? Dina can't reveal the therapeutic relationship she developed with Rebecca. Poor Dina. What she has to live with.

Rebecca was the one who was still married while Jonah and her lived together. She did get a divorce but she was officially married, Jonah was not the cheater this time. Rebecca did quit her job to "stay home and take care of Jonah's kids". To me this was a big deal so when Max got hurt she was fully responsible and she knew this. Whether it was an accident or not. She was already only a part time babysitter as another posted earlier these kids all had mommies. She also was not getting along with Jonah's teen age children, in my opinion, another fail. In fact she had talked with her sister about leaving Jonah if he didnt start having her back with the teen kids.
I mean I seriously cannot hardly stand teen agers, and even worse if you are a step parent LOL, but this was the job she signed up for. I feel it is possible that the relationship with her and Jonah was going sour and this was the last straw for both of them. She knew if Jonah kicked her out she was back to square zero, without even a job. And she knew that she had failed as a babysitter, in all respects. I can imagine her being pretty depressed about all of this and I can even see anger if she was being blamed for Max's death or injuries. I can see suicide made to look like murder, and I can see murder. I don't know which but either is possible to me.
I dont mind questioning what happened, but I also feel we should extend the same courtesy to Max's death cause I don't buy the accident falling theory. No way did it occur that way yet because police say so then people accept it, but if police say Rebecca was suicided, then we can throw that out. I still say, you find out what really happened to Max, then you will find out what happened with Rebecca

BBM: She was not living with her ex and it seems Mr. Nalepa knew full well, as she did, that the marriage was over. Besides, it still does not make HER Jonah's mistress though? I don't see anything wrong with it when two people are separated and know their marriage has ended. That is quite different than cheating on your spouse and carrying on with a married man. Did Jonah and Kimberly already know they were getting divorce when Dina came into the picture? Had they started the process? Were they separated? If so, why did Dina hide her identity and even take on a different name?

BBM: See, here is where your ideas fall apart. Rebecca was thinking about a separation from Jonah as I recall. It was a not a matter of Jonah kicking her out.

I really like teenagers, but I suspect Jonah was not putting limitations on their behavior. So he wasn't parenting them well. It can become a situation that is not healthy for a relationship or for the child. I've always wondered if Dina played a role in this also, but IDK.

As far as Rebecca failing as a 'babysitter', these kinds of things happen in the parents custody also ... even parents who are happy together.

I do wish either SDSO or Dina's expert would have attempted to create a simulation of Max's fall that was better (in the former) and that showed how it could be an accident (in the later). It makes little sense that it was anything other than an accident though. Had SDSO spent some more time on this, I believe we wouldn't have these questions.

I'm guessing they were thong panties. Because those would make the very best mask, right? Lots of unobstructed vision with the thong running down your nose. Perhaps Adam's secret lover had a wig malfunction, and had to improvise a mask to conceal her identity at the last moment.

Perhaps Dina was at the mansion on a purely selfless mission to provide some counseling to Rebecca? She knew how distraught Rebecca was over Max, so she decided to make a professional house call to provide some emergency grief counseling, IMO. The panty mask was probably a therapeutic technique, to help Rebecca feel more comfortable with the emergency counseling session, since Rebecca was nude and distraught. Then Dina stopped by the guest house when she was done counseling, to say goodbye to Adam before she left, and accidentally left her panty mask behind. It might have happened that way. Maybe the mayor was there by then?

Rebecca was so distraught by this act of kindness from Dina that she just couldn't go on living, IMO. If only Dina had stayed just a few more minutes, with a few more words of kindness and comfort, perhaps Rebecca would still be alive? Did Dina abandon a patient in crisis? Did Dina even realize how suicidal Rebecca was? Did she just watch Rebecca hitting herself on the head with the dog bone, and not do ANYTHING?

Did she watch Rebecca tie herself up? Was Dina upset because her counseling wasn't working, and Rebecca was going to kill herself any way? Did Dina run to the guest house with the panties on her head, to wake Adam to have him help her talk Rebecca out of killing herself? And that's how the panties got there??

In any event, that's the theory that makes the most sense to me. If only Dina had stayed longer with Rebecca, she'd still be alive, right? IMO. This is all about patient confidentiality, right? Dina can't reveal the therapeutic relationship she developed with Rebecca. Poor Dina. What she has to live with.

Wasn't Dina still a psychology student at the time? Maybe she was trying to fulfill the requisite counseling training/research hours for her degree so she stopped by the Spreckels mansion after hours on a late Tues night to "treat" Rebecca. Guess her therapeutic intervention was a real failure since Rebecca ended up dead.

A client death in which nudity and panties were involved after-hours screams out "unprofessionalism" and "incompetence" and should have been cause enough for the school to dismiss, or at least suspend, Dina from the program. Maybe that's why it took Dina more than a decade to get her degree.

All IMO and pure speculation.

BBM: She was not living with her ex and it seems Mr. Nalepa knew full well, as she did, that the marriage was over. Besides, it still does not make HER Jonah's mistress though? I don't see anything wrong with it when two people are separated and know their marriage has ended. That is quite different than cheating on your spouse and carrying on with a married man. Did Jonah and Kimberly already know they were getting divorce when Dina came into the picture? Had they started the process? Were they separated? If so, why did Dina hide her identity and even take on a different name?

BBM: See, here is where your ideas fall apart. Rebecca was thinking about a separation from Jonah as I recall. It was a not a matter of Jonah kicking her out.

I really like teenagers, but I suspect Jonah was not putting limitations on their behavior. So he wasn't parenting them well. It can become a situation that is not healthy for a relationship or for the child. I've always wondered if Dina played a role in this also, but IDK.

As far as Rebecca failing as a 'babysitter', these kinds of things happen in the parents custody also ... even parents who are happy together.

I do wish either SDSO or Dina's expert would have attempted to create a simulation of Max's fall that was better (in the former) and that showed how it could be an accident (in the later). It makes little sense that it was anything other than an accident though. Had SDSO spent some more time on this, I believe we wouldn't have these questions.

If I recall correctly Rebecca also gave Dina her non married name, so neither one of them are up front and honest in my opinion. And Mr Nepal may have been ok with Rebecca living with Jonah but I'd say in most cases the other partner is not going to be happy with this scenerio.
My opinion of teens comes from personal experience of being a step mom to a couple who were quite the handful.
I don't see why everyone blows off the stealing that Rebecca did as if it is nothing. My stepdaughter was a clepto and her father would ignore the issue, she has now been in jail for this problem. It takes a lot of nerve to steal things. She had no remorse ever, she was also a sexual deviant, and a drug dealer/addict. All of these things were diagnosed as a teenager and anyone who did not know her would never know she has these problems.
Not saying Rebecca has any of these problems but she could have been dealing with teens like this. I also think if you take on a job to babysit then you should put as much effort into it as you would any other job.
WIth the teens or with the little one. If your little one ends up hurt and the teens hate you, then you have failed as a babysitter imo.

<Respectfully Snipped by me for Space> I also think if you take on a job to babysit then you should put as much effort into it as you would any other job.
WIth the teens or with the little one. If your little one ends up hurt and the teens hate you, then you have failed as a babysitter imo.

RZ did not take on a job as a babysitter. She left her job to spend more time with JS and his children. She wasn't hired by him as a babysitter, a nanny or anything like that. She was his girlfriend. They lived together. This was not an employer/employee relationship.

They were a COUPLE. As much as it pains some to admit that truth. It is, in fact, the truth. Discounting that fact and disparaging RZ as the hired help is a very obvious attempt to nullify the FACT that Rebecca Zahau and Jonah Shacknai were in a romantic relationship and were cohabiting.

If I recall correctly Rebecca also gave Dina her non married name, so neither one of them are up front and honest in my opinion. And Mr Nepal may have been ok with Rebecca living with Jonah but I'd say in most cases the other partner is not going to be happy with this scenerio.
My opinion of teens comes from personal experience of being a step mom to a couple who were quite the handful.
I don't see why everyone blows off the stealing that Rebecca did as if it is nothing. My stepdaughter was a clepto and her father would ignore the issue, she has now been in jail for this problem. It takes a lot of nerve to steal things. She had no remorse ever, she was also a sexual deviant, and a drug dealer/addict. All of these things were diagnosed as a teenager and anyone who did not know her would never know she has these problems.
Not saying Rebecca has any of these problems but she could have been dealing with teens like this. I also think if you take on a job to babysit then you should put as much effort into it as you would any other job.

I personally believe the stealing has been used to demoralize Rebecca. I don't believe Rebecca acted responsibly. No one is perfect, we all make mistakes. Some of us learn from our mistakes, some of us don't. I just don't see how it is relevant to Maxie's accident. If we were to reverse the background check and it was Dina who was sleuthed, I would find her history very relevant.

Failed as a babysitter? I personally don't believe Rebecca was the babysitter. In my opinion, Maxie had an accident that could have occurred on his own parents watch. Accidents happen everyday. Teens that hate, that is open for interpretation. Don't most teen usually think they know better at that age, that all adults are wrong and they are right?

RZ did not take on a job as a babysitter. She left her job to spend more time with JS and his children. She wasn't hired by him as a babysitter, a nanny or anything like that. She was his girlfriend. They lived together. This was not an employer/employee relationship.

They were a COUPLE. As much as it pains some to admit that truth. It is, in fact, the truth. Discounting that fact and disparaging RZ as the hired help is a very obvious attempt to nullify the FACT that Rebecca Zahau and Jonah Shacknai were in a romantic relationship and were cohabiting.

She wasnt hired help she was doing it to live in a mansion and have a spending budget with perks. She ran his family and friends around and took on the job of all these things as from what I can tell was her choice, to be his domestic aide, housecleaner, babysitter what ever. And they also had a sexual relationship etc. I can say if my hubby took off work to go and take care of my kids, then proceeded to argue with me about the teens etc and my little boy got hurt, I'd make him go back to his day job.

She wasnt hired help she was doing it to live in a mansion and have a spending budget with perks. She ran his family and friends around and took on the job of all these things as from what I can tell was her choice, to be his domestic aide, housecleaner, babysitter what ever. And they also had a sexual relationship etc. I can say if my hubby took off work to go and take care of my kids, then proceeded to argue with me about the teens etc and my little boy got hurt, I'd make him go back to his day job.

BBM - please tell me where I can find this information? Have you seen Rebecca's journal, is that where you found it? Yep, she wanted the jewelry from Macy's but didn't want to steal it this time so she decided to find a sugar daddy. It appears this is how many people who believe Rebecca committed suicide like to summarize her life with Jonah. Rebecca was a glorified babysitter, taxi cab driver that had sexual relations with her sugar daddy. Yep, it is definitely a reason to support suicide.

Oh my. Really?? Now we are speculating on how often Rebecca went commando?? Because someone found nude, and bound, and gagged, and hanged from a balcony is "probably" someone who liked to "go commando?":floorlaugh: That is only a whisker away from saying "she deserved what she got", IMO.

Gosh. Maybe the panties belong to Dina? (Nah, too small, IMO.)Maybe Dina and Adam were spending (umm) "quality time" together, and Dina just innocently returned to collect her panties, IMO? Maybe Dina's Underwear Underground Undercover Team failed to swoop in to save her Victoria's Secret silkies from discovery, as she frolicked about nude in the mansion, and distractedly left her personal "foundation" items laying about, all kittywumpas, IMO? Oh wait-- the panties belong to Jonah, and Dina was there to collect them to just protect her ex-man's reputation, right? Let's all engage in wild speculation, shall we? (Just be sure to attach an "IMO" to whatever you conjure up.)

Nina's panties? Howard Luber's panties? Nina's son Guy Jr (who was an adult at the time of Rebecca's and Maxie's deaths.) Maybe the panties belong to Adam, and he enjoys wearing them from time to time. (Yeah-- lots of efforts to throw Adam under the bus these days.) I know--maybe the panties were Paul Pfingst's--and he was there behind the crime scene tape to retrieve them to protect his reputation as a Panty Meister. Maybe the police PLANTED the panties as a distraction, so no one would notice the gruesome murder of Rebecca? Maybe the panties belonged to "other" visitors? Maybe little green men from Mars beamed in, all cloaked in invisibility dust, to leave random panties hither and yon? Maybe the Super Secret Taxpayer Funded Government Panty Patrol paid a visit to the mansion-- to plant incriminating evidence, IMO. How outrageous can we accuse, slander, or speculate? (Just be sure to put "IMO" or "JMO" in your post!)

I don't know how I could have missed THIS. The panties WERE Dina's, IMO. And that must be why Rebecca "killed herself", IMO. <sarcasm>

You may humor yourself and others with sarcastic remarks; however, it may serve well to bear in mind that these threads are dedicated to a young lady whose life ended and a beautiful child who is dead.

*WARNING: graphic content*

To reiterate a fairly graphic portion from my post #66 of this very thread:

IMO & BBM contains graphic imagery :
"I am sure I was not aware of the "gross imagery" you reference regarding AS's behavior and only aware of his alleged viewing of it. *warning: graphic content* However, I suppose there could have been masturbation and even ejaculation while viewing it. That's possible and the panties may have been some of his favorites that he packed for pleasure when departing Memphis. The point is we may never know the history of those panties. Dangit. Either way, imo, the panties are not relevant to the malice."

IMO

It did work for her.

Why did it work for Dina but not Adam? Adam was losing a nephew, had just witnessed a woman bound and hanging from a balcony? LE did not give him an out for his polygraph. However inconclusive, it may have been the stress, but now will never know with Nina. I must mention Nina was working with the DOJ while Adam was working with local LE. I tend to believe Nina may be telling the truth about most of what she has told us. Hopefully depositions will clear her name.

Rebecca was the one who was still married while Jonah and her lived together. She did get a divorce but she was officially married, Jonah was not the cheater this time. Rebecca did quit her job to "stay home and take care of Jonah's kids". To me this was a big deal so when Max got hurt she was fully responsible and she knew this. Whether it was an accident or not. She was already only a part time babysitter as another posted earlier these kids all had mommies. She also was not getting along with Jonah's teen age children, in my opinion, another fail. In fact she had talked with her sister about leaving Jonah if he didnt start having her back with the teen kids.
I mean I seriously cannot hardly stand teen agers, and even worse if you are a step parent LOL, but this was the job she signed up for. I feel it is possible that the relationship with her and Jonah was going sour and this was the last straw for both of them. She knew if Jonah kicked her out she was back to square zero, without even a job. And she knew that she had failed as a babysitter, in all respects. I can imagine her being pretty depressed about all of this and I can even see anger if she was being blamed for Max's death or injuries. I can see suicide made to look like murder, and I can see murder. I don't know which but either is possible to me.
I dont mind questioning what happened, but I also feel we should extend the same courtesy to Max's death cause I don't buy the accident falling theory. No way did it occur that way yet because police say so then people accept it, but if police say Rebecca was suicided, then we can throw that out. I still say, you find out what really happened to Max, then you will find out what happened with Rebecca

I agree, wholeheartedly.

No, she wasn't hired help. She was in a relationship with Jonah. They were even making plans to marry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-propose-Rebecca-Nalepa-hanged-mansion.html

So, you got rid of your problem because your stepdaughter ended up in jail. I bet a lot of people didn't realize Dina was accused of spousal abuse either. I would expect if you cross THAT line many times, you can cross many more lines than someone who was charged with stealing one time. We don't know if it was kleptomania and we obviously can't get Rebecca's side of the story. However, Dina could step up and explain her domestic violence in terms of her parental disclosure act - otherwise, it is FRIGHTENING to have a person like her forming a nonprofit and meddling in other parents affairs.

Even with good parents, children have accidents. A 6 year old does not need constant attending to every second. I have grown children and a grandson who is 7 now (as well as three other grandchildren) so I'm also speaking from experience as I have said before. My daughter is so conscientious it sometimes worries me, but that doesn't mean my grandson can be kept from all possible accidents. If an accident happened and someone talked about her the way you are talking about Rebecca, well, I wouldn't take kindly to it.

<snip>I still say, you find out what really happened to Max, then you will find out what happened with Rebecca

I do not believe this is true. I don't think it made any difference to Dina. Dina was never going to believe it was an accident. She thought he was suffocated prior to the fall but that proved to not be the case.

I do not believe this is true. I don't think it made any difference to Dina. Dina was never going to believe it was an accident. She thought he was suffocated prior to the fall but that proved to not be the case.

Agree. I may be misinterpreting the statement

I still say, you find out what really happened to Max, then you will find out what happened with Rebecca

but it seems to be little more than a disturbing veiled allusion to the belief that RZ deliberately killed MS and was then killed by others as revenge. JMO, apologies if I'm interpreting it incorrectly, but we've heard that same message repeated several times over the years

If that's the true meaning of the message being sent, I not only disagree based on the facts as we know them, I find it sick and disturbing, as if someone is trying to justify murder. It reminds me of the same reasoning Ariel Castro was using at his sentencing hearing this morning when he said all the sex with the girls he held hostage was consensual, they could have killed him, the FBI let the girls down by not looking hard enough to find them, etc. It's psychopathic thinking.

This is the most commonly used definition for Mistress:

Quote:
Mistress: a woman, other than the spouse, with whom a married individual has a continuing sexual relationship (wiki).

Jonah was not married when he was with Rebecca.

Dina, however, was Jonah's mistress while he was still married to Kimberly and had two young children. So, it was Jonah's ex-mistress who killed Jonah's partner. It's too bad there were three children caught up in a bad marriage and all that hatred that seemingly carried on after the divorce.

Some people can't let go, can they? Even after it all ends in murder.

From Mary's interview, BBM:
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/?page=1&

“I found out from my husband Doug that my sister had died,” Mary says. “Jonah had called him. He came to my work, and he told me that we need to go to my office to talk. And that’s when he told me.

“I felt desperation, wanting to believe it’s not true. Maybe some prank. He said he was told that it was suicide by hanging. I said ‘No!’ I remember saying, ‘No. Where is she? I need to talk to her.’

“We didn’t know Jonah well. I called him the day of [Rebecca’s death], and he said he didn’t know, he didn’t know [what happened]. That’s all he answered me.”

And Mary adds:
"I didn’t ever meet Jonah’s ex-wife,” says Mary.

And during the same interview, Mary makes this glaring contradiction, BBM:
Jonah Shacknai did praise Rebecca, along with his son. “Rebecca too was a wonderful and unique person who will always have a special place in my heart.” But this statement, issued after the press conference at which Sheriff Bill Gore ruled Rebecca’s death a suicide, was pretty much it.

“Yup. He didn’t say much to us either. And yes, that surprised me. For somebody that he was going to marry, it really surprised me that he didn’t even have one good thing to say about my sister. Though she said marriage was not being discussed at this point.

And Mary adds this, BBM:
Again, after Max was injured, her shaky status within the family was in evidence.

“She went to the hospital, but I don’t think that she was allowed to actually see Max,” says Mary.

IMO - Rebecca was not allowed to visit with Max for one reason.
1. She was not a member of Max's immediate family.

IMO & MMO - After being involved in a live-in relationship with JS for two years, Rebecca did not possess an engagement ring from JS. To refer to her as JS's fiancé would be erroneous although RZN probably was more to JS than live-in help who ferried children and visitors to and fro. Perhaps being JS's live-in girlfriend would be one way to describe it.

Agree. I may be misinterpreting the statement
SweetT: I still say, you find out what really happened to Max, then you will find out what happened with Rebecca

but it seems to be little more than a disturbing veiled allusion to the belief that RZ deliberately killed MS and was then killed by others as revenge. JMO, apologies if I'm interpreting it incorrectly, but we've heard that same message repeated several times over the years

If that's the true meaning of the message being sent, I not only disagree based on the facts as we know them, I find it sick and disturbing, as if someone is trying to justify murder. It reminds me of the same reasoning Ariel Castro was using at his sentencing hearing this morning when he said all the sex with the girls he held hostage was consensual, they could have killed him, the FBI let the girls down by not looking hard enough to find them, etc. It's psychopathic thinking.

That's how I interpreted it also.

<snip>

And Mary adds this, BBM:
Again, after Max was injured, her shaky status within the family was in evidence.

&#8220;She went to the hospital, but I don&#8217;t think that she was allowed to actually see Max,&#8221; says Mary.

IMO - Rebecca was not allowed to visit with Max for one reason.
1. She was not a member of Max's immediate family.

IMO & MMO - After being involved in a live-in relationship with JS for two years, Rebecca did not possess an engagement ring from JS. To refer to her as JS's fiancé would be erroneous although RZN probably was more to JS than live-in help who ferried children and visitors to and fro. Perhaps being JS's live-in girlfriend would be one way to describe it.

I don't know what all your message is supposed to mean, but Dina is the one who kept Rebecca from seeing Max. To put it as "her shaky status within the family was in evidence" is ridiculous.

* Dina was no longer a member of Jonah's family, obviously.

"Rebecca did not possess an engagement ring from JS."

Who cares if she had an engagement ring!!?
And, who said Rebecca or anyone else close to her cared?

Rebecca can simply be referred to as Jonah's partner. Geesh

I lived with my husband for two years before we got married and we referred to each other as either significant others or partners. He never called me his live-in girlfriend.

Respectfully snipped for clarity

RZ certainly meant more to Jonah than his ex-wife. RZ had brought much needed change to his life - she was a calming influence who encouraged him to exercise more, eat healthier and improved the quality of his life immensely. She was so different from women he'd had relationships before.

No doubt, RZ was still in a very stressful situation. The dysfunctional relationships from his previous marriages and constant intervention and disruption by those parties made life difficult. The former spouse was in great fear of being marginalized in the family, both socially and financially and she made life very difficult for both of them. Add to it having a relationship with a CEO whose company is going through a tricky, expensive merger with another corporation and its no wonder RZ was considering leaving the relationship. She was a young, strong, intelligent, attractive woman who probably wasn't sure about tying herself to a volatile, dysfunctional family situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ateen
Back