Reasons why you think it could be suicide

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know what all your message is supposed to mean, but Dina is the one who kept Rebecca from seeing Max. To put it as "her shaky status within the family was in evidence" is ridiculous.* Dina was no longer a member of Jonah's family, obviously.
<respectfully snipped>

No, time, not Dina. Of course Dina was allowed by the hospital's ICU personnel and staff to visit her own child. It was Rebecca who was not allowed to see MS. Even if Dina or even if JS wanted RZN to see MS, imo, RZN would have been prohibited from doing so based on what I know about hospital ICU rules and policies which stipulate no visitors except immediate family. Until it is discovered that the ICU would allow significant others to visit critically ill patients; I stand by my explanation. Relax. Nothing nefarious there.
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2...zahau/?page=1&
Again, after Max was injured, her shaky status within the family was in evidence.

“She went to the hospital, but I don’t think that she was allowed to actually see Max,” says Mary.

The above two statements are taken directly from Mary's interview in "The True Heart of Rebecca Zahau" written by Bill Manson, Sept. 14, 2011.

I don't know what all your message is supposed to mean, but Dina is the one who kept Rebecca from seeing Max. To put it as "her shaky status within the family was in evidence" is ridiculous.
You need to discuss that with Bill Manson.

MOO & OMO

DeDee, your link doesn't work. I believe this one does.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/?page=2

"The above two statements are taken directly from Mary's interview in "The True Heart of Rebecca Zahau" written by Bill Manson, Sept. 14, 2011. "

They were taken from that article but Mary did not say, "Again, after Max was injured, her shaky status within the family was in evidence."

DeDee, your link doesn't work. I believe this one does.

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/?page=2

"The above two statements are taken directly from Mary's interview in "The True Heart of Rebecca Zahau" written by Bill Manson, Sept. 14, 2011. "

They were taken from that article but Mary did not say, "Again, after Max was injured, her shaky status within the family was in evidence."

Thanks Time! :) I like the last paragraph in your post. It makes me laugh and I've been laughing all day today! lol

No, time, not Dina. Of course Dina was allowed by the hospital's ICU personnel and staff to visit her own child. It was Rebecca who was not allowed to see MS. Even if Dina or even if JS wanted RZN to see MS, imo, RZN would have been prohibited from doing so based on what I know about hospital ICU rules and policies which stipulate no visitors except immediate family. Until it is discovered that the ICU would allow significant others to visit critically ill patients; I stand by my explanation. Relax. Nothing nefarious there
Most ICU's nowadays have open visitation hours and the only limitation is to allow no more than two people in the room at the same time. Again, this is very lax rule too, and especially in children's hospital. I would think Rebecca wouldn't go to visit Maxie to avoid confrontation with Dina at his bedside. Or was "not allowed" to visit because Dina said so and Jonah just went with it because it was not a right time to argue.

I have an interesting observation. I have never read a single post from anyone supporting the "suicide theory", that also did not go to great lengths to demean Rebecca, and to marginalize her role in Jonah's life. Terms like "babysitter", maid, etc only further the strong impressions I have about Rebecca's killing having a very strong racist and hate crime motive, in addition to the revenge and spite.

Many posts elsewhere on the web mock her Asian features, and contain some really vile and nasty racist hate language. In the same posts that discuss how certain they are of her suicide. Apparently, no one who believes she committed suicide has any compassion for her, or her family, and immediately devolves into "hate on Rebecca". I have yet to read a single post that is just "matter of fact" that they believe she committed suicide.

Every passive aggressive post about her "suicide" is just soaked in seething rage toward her, barely contained. I have never, ever seen such a phenomenon like this before. You'd think anyone that thought she deserved to die would just be satisfied she was dead, and move on down the road. I have never seen a case where someone dead was hated this much, and for this long, after they died.

I wonder why that is?

I also wonder why it is so abhorrent for some people to just accept that Jonah and Rebecca were relatively content together as a committed couple? Why the need to continuously demean Rebecca and their relationship? Jonah apparently liked her a lot-- if not loved her. Howard Luber said Rebecca was a very positive influence in Jonah's life, and Jonah was quite content, healthy, and happy with her, unlike his tumultuous marriage with Dina. I have to wonder if Rebecca had been a wealthy CA or AZ Caucasian socialite, would there still be this much vehement hate and demeaning effots toward a dead woman 2 years later??

:seeya:
I have an interesting observation. I have never read a single post from anyone supporting the "suicide theory", that also did not go to great lengths to demean Rebecca, and to marginalize her role in Jonah's life. Terms like "babysitter", maid, etc only further the strong impressions I have about Rebecca's killing having a very strong racist and hate crime motive, in addition to the revenge and spite.

Many posts elsewhere on the web mock her Asian features, and contain some really vile and nasty racist hate language. In the same posts that discuss how certain they are of her suicide. Apparently, no one who believes she committed suicide has any compassion for her, or her family, and immediately devolves into "hate on Rebecca". I have yet to read a single post that is just "matter of fact" that they believe she committed suicide.

Every passive aggressive post about her "suicide" is just soaked in seething rage toward her, barely contained. I have never, ever seen such a phenomenon like this before. You'd think anyone that thought she deserved to die would just be satisfied she was dead, and move on down the road. I have never seen a case where someone dead was hated this much, and for this long, after they died.

I wonder why that is?

I also wonder why it is so abhorrent for some people to just accept that Jonah and Rebecca were relatively content together as a committed couple? Why the need to continuously demean Rebecca and their relationship? Jonah apparently liked her a lot-- if not loved her. Howard Luber said Rebecca was a very positive influence in Jonah's life, and Jonah was quite content, healthy, and happy with her, unlike his tumultuous marriage with Dina. I have to wonder if Rebecca had been a wealthy CA or AZ Caucasian socialite, would there still be this much vehement hate and demeaning effots toward a dead woman 2 years later??

Interesting that you bring up those facts about Rebecca........let us not forget that Dina was certainly not a socialite prior to marrying Jonah. She was a nobody who happened to marry into money. IMO, she is still trailer park white trash.

:seeya:

Interesting that you bring up those facts about Rebecca........let us not forget that Dina was certainly not a socialite prior to marrying Jonah. She was a nobody who happened to marry into money. IMO, she is still trailer park white trash.

Let's not forget, according to some pretty legit insiders including Kimberly Shacknai's friends and family, Stated while Dina worked for Medicis she actively pursuied Jonah without any guilt or regard for how it would effect Kimberly, GS and infant ES . Dina (according to insiders) was engaged at the time to a man and living with him out of state when her affair with Jonah began, so Jonah and Dina traveled together on many company trips while Jonah was still married.

Interesting that you bring up those facts about Rebecca........let us not forget that Dina was certainly not a socialite prior to marrying Jonah. She was a nobody who happened to marry into money. IMO, she is still trailer park white trash.[/QUOTE]

They say money can't buy class. I remember seeing videorecording of Dina pleading her case and asking to reopen investigation into Maxie's death in front of city officials - she couldn't even dress appropriately to the occasion. She was wearing short skirt above her knees, high heels, all that hair down her shoulders and those fake inflated lips - I was surprised not one of her expensive experts would actually give her a proper advice how to present herself to people in such high power positions, to make them listen and to take her seriously. She is obviously very used to just bulldozer in and out and to get what she wanted relying on her looks and attitude. I think that's part of a reason for continuing rage on her part long after Rebecca died - it's not enough to see her dead, Dina also feels a need to be RIGHT. Like she was RIGHT about Rebecca all along and she was RIGHT wishing her dead.

This whole situation is sad and troubling.

I'm not Dina and I don't know her. Just wondering who on the board knows her or has heard these derogatory statements coming from this woman?

Is there any proof that she is a horrible person as portrayed?

She had a horrible break up which devolved into fights and begging her man not to go... who looks good during such a time?

She only has to go on what her ex-husband told her (unless she in fact is the culprit in Rebecca's murder), and I doubt he planted the seeds of love into Dina's mind about Rebecca and what may or may not have happened that terrible day Max was injured. I would go so far as to say it only benefits one person for people to think Dina is a murderer.

I can't imagine losing my child and then being torn to shreds in the public, after.

I guess someone has some proof that she is linked to those so called kittens and that is why she seems to be universally fingered as the killer and also referred to as a pretty undesirable person. IMHO it is just as bad to use the term "trailer trash" as it is to use offensive language toward Asians.

At least now she knows that it isn't Rebecca standing in the way of her getting her man back. Its that he just doesn't want her any more and hasn't for a very long time.

Dina Romano may have or may not have hopes of "getting her man back". However, at the time of Max's accident, she didn't answer her phones nor the doorbell, nor the cops pounding on her door/house. For hours. After hours passed (HOURS) cops went to her house to pick her up to take her to Rady. She left her then boyfriend and possibly her boyfriend's daughter behind. So it's not as though she was pining after Jonah. (well she may have pined after him, but she certainly found someone to fill the void that was there after he left).

Her connection to the kitty cats in this case:

She hired some professionals to investigate Max's accident. As one of very few sources. the kitty cats box was cited, along with a few other souces.

Regarding "trailer trash". Trailer trash is benign compared to what Dina has done. I'd rather be called trailer trash than a murderer. Or my young sister being called a murderer.

There are many more examples.

IMO, Dina, and ONLY Dina, is completely responsible for the "adverse" reaction most of the public has to her. Initially, she had the compassion of many for her sad situation as a grieving mother, but IMO, she has squandered that with her very public actions over the past 2 years.

Even Jonah, who presumably could have a lot to say about Dina, has said not one word publicly about her since the deaths of Max and Rebecca.

Dina herself has CHOSEN, again and again, to very publicly conduct herself in a manner that produces contempt and disgust in those following these cases. She has no one to blame but herself, IMO. But she simply cannot keep her mouth shut. She is a very pathological narcissist, IMO.

I also happen to believe that Dina is very mentally and emotionally unstable because of her guilt and vendetta-- that her seething drive for ongoing vengeance could put others at serious risk. I do believe she could "snap" any time, and who knows what might happen? And that worries me.

IMO, she needs some intensive and ongoing mental health care-- NOT to be chasing legislators around conjuring up some kind of ridiculous parental stalking act to salve her vendetta. (BTW-- an ongoing vendetta against a woman who has been dead 2 years who she believes committed suicide. That's pretty unstable, IMO.) But that's just my opinion, FWIW.

From Mary's interview, BBM:
http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/?page=1&

“I found out from my husband Doug that my sister had died,” Mary says. “Jonah had called him. He came to my work, and he told me that we need to go to my office to talk. And that’s when he told me.

“I felt desperation, wanting to believe it’s not true. Maybe some prank. He said he was told that it was suicide by hanging. I said ‘No!’ I remember saying, ‘No. Where is she? I need to talk to her.’

“We didn’t know Jonah well. I called him the day of [Rebecca’s death], and he said he didn’t know, he didn’t know [what happened]. That’s all he answered me.”

And Mary adds:
"I didn’t ever meet Jonah’s ex-wife,” says Mary.

And during the same interview, Mary makes this glaring contradiction, BBM:
Jonah Shacknai did praise Rebecca, along with his son. “Rebecca too was a wonderful and unique person who will always have a special place in my heart.” But this statement, issued after the press conference at which Sheriff Bill Gore ruled Rebecca’s death a suicide, was pretty much it.

“Yup. He didn’t say much to us either. And yes, that surprised me. For somebody that he was going to marry, it really surprised me that he didn’t even have one good thing to say about my sister. Though she said marriage was not being discussed at this point.

And Mary adds this, BBM:
Again, after Max was injured, her shaky status within the family was in evidence.

“She went to the hospital, but I don’t think that she was allowed to actually see Max,” says Mary.

IMO - Rebecca was not allowed to visit with Max for one reason.
1. She was not a member of Max's immediate family.

IMO & MMO - After being involved in a live-in relationship with JS for two years, Rebecca did not possess an engagement ring from JS. To refer to her as JS's fiancé would be erroneous although RZN probably was more to JS than live-in help who ferried children and visitors to and fro. Perhaps being JS's live-in girlfriend would be one way to describe it.

Re BBM: If you are really interested in the truth go back to the early threads. Rebecca was not allowed to see Max because Dina forbade it, not wanting to cause any friction to an already tense situation neither JS nor Rebecca fought her on this. IIRC this came from a verified insider.

Hospital employees are not "visitor police" - if JS and Dina put Rebecca on the visitor (or family) list she would have been allowed to see Max just like anyone else his parents put on the list. Living in the household with Maxie as Jonas's SO would have given Rebecca the title of step mother, it is not the job of ICU nurses (doctors, clerks or aids) to question their family dynamics. This is MOO based on former employment in a hospital and being an ICU patient.

I guess someone has some proof that she is linked to those so called kittens and that is why she seems to be universally fingered as the killer...

Snipped for focus

Yes, Dina herself supplied the public with the "link" connecting her to the racist and hate filled litterbox. She supplied the source to Judy Melinek, who said so in her report that Dina paid her to write. The link to that report is widely available with a google search, or visit the "Dina's Expert's Reports" thread here.

Would it be a normal reaction, having lost your only child, a young boy, to want to know what happened.

If your only information was that which was given by your ex, the dad, who by some accounts couldn't stand you... and apparently he has given some ammunition for such sentiments as that Rebecca might have done something wrong (or apparently, not done anything to protect the image and the reputation of someone he LOVES who is now tragically gone and unable to defend herself)... and your heart of hearts believes someone did something to your little boy... would you not ask questions.

We ask questions on here and elsewhere daily regarding this case. Is Dina not allowed to ask questions? Her only information was that two people were in the house. She believes from her review of the circumstances and outcomes, that someone hurt Max. Why does her asking make her evil? If the only two people that were in the house, according to her information, was GE & ES, she would ask the same questions of them, I suppose. Unless her ex hushed her up with some money, I suppose.

A screenshot of a few references Dr. Melinek used in her scientific report -

image.jpg

Yes, it was a highly unusual, very sad suicide. Even JS wrote that Rebecca was unique but JS would NEVER approve of his girlfriend being found hanging naked from a balcony at the mansion.

MOO which is subject to change without notice

Snipped by me

I would hope that JS would not approve of anyone committing suicide in his home no matter what sex or clothing options they chose to wear or not wear. I also would hope that he would not approve of anyone killing someone else in his home, no matter how the crime was committed. But then I also hoped that he would have more concern for the woman that he supposedly loved and lived with for over a year.

MOO

I don't have the case for suicide, but I think the reason Dina needs to think its suicide, is because that is all that was told to her by her big sugar daddy. She has stock in believing her sugar daddy. If she fails to believe her sugar daddy her sugar will melt into sugar water and slowly evaporate.

what if she had to think it was murder? she would have to face the fact that a real crime occurred here an that she is a focal point of suspicion.

Open your eyes up Dina... You are in the midst of hurricane ex-husband.

I don't have the case for suicide, but I think the reason Dina needs to think its suicide, is because that is all that was told to her by her big sugar daddy. She has stock in believing her sugar daddy. If she fails to believe her sugar daddy her sugar will melt into sugar water and slowly evaporate.

what if she had to think it was murder? she would have to face the fact that a real crime occurred here an that she is a focal point of suspicion.

Open your eyes up Dina... You are in the midst of hurricane ex-husband.

I think it's clear that Dina probably doesn't want anyone to think it's murder because she is the one with the most motive and she has no alibi. It appears that Jonah does have an alibi. It also appears it was Dina and HER sister who were at the house late at night. Dina was not at the hospital all that much between the time Max was admitted and when Rebecca was murdered. I could go on and on, but maybe, just maybe Dina also wants Max's death to be a murder so she can justify what she has done.

I'm not buying that Dina has stock in her sugar daddy, or are you saying she played the role of daughter to Jonah?

I wish that I could find the footage that aired live when they were moving that table from upstairs and carrying it downstairs. I watched it all unfold live online; and everyone did have footies and gloves on; but they moved that table and then photographed it downstairs on the lawn. I watched them move it from upstairs to downstairs and they carried it sideways. Has anyone seen any tape of the live footage that aired that day? Thanks in Advance, I try to check back for answers but sometimes cannot. If anyone knows or has a youtube link pls post, I'd so appreciate it.

I wonder if Dina called Adam to come down? (that's sarcasm)

WHO butters Dina's bread? In fact, where did Dina get bread?

I think it's clear that Dina probably doesn't want anyone to think it's murder because she is the one with the most motive and she has no alibi. It appears that Jonah does have an alibi. It also appears it was Dina and HER sister who were at the house late at night. Dina was not at the hospital all that much between the time Max was admitted and when Rebecca was murdered. I could go on and on, but maybe, just maybe Dina also wants Max's death to be a murder so she can justify what she has done.

I'm not buying that Dina has stock in her sugar daddy, or are you saying she played the role of daughter to Jonah?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back