Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-spreckels-mansion-death,0,4798383.story

Max, was critically injured from what police said was reported as a fall from a staircase in the home, Coronado Police Chief Louis Scanlon said.

"Because of the unique and bizarre circumstances, it has yet to be determined whether this is a homicide or a suspicious death," Curran told reporters. "This is a very bizarre death. There is no doubt about it."

A homicide detective tells the station that the deaths may be connected, but declined to elaborate

BBM "fall from the staircase" not a fall down the stairs?

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-spreckels-mansion-death,0,4798383.story

Max, was critically injured from what police said was reported as a fall from a staircase in the home, Coronado Police Chief Louis Scanlon said.

"Because of the unique and bizarre circumstances, it has yet to be determined whether this is a homicide or a suspicious death," Curran told reporters. "This is a very bizarre death. There is no doubt about it."

A homicide detective tells the station that the deaths may be connected, but declined to elaborate

BBM "fall from the staircase" not a fall down the stairs?

Interesting ... I didn't save the link (I'll try to find it), but I think in another article, they say they found him at or near the bottom of the stairs.

Older, but thought I would post this tidbit..

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...icis-ceo-womans-death-reported-san-diego.html

Romano said she has been talking frequently with Dina and another daughter, who are at the hospital with the boy.

Obmama,

Since you asked, (which is good), the truth is we try very hard not to "trash" the victim. While your opinion may be well-founded, I would suggest it might be wise to take this opportunity to exercise the "edit" button next to the "quote" button, and take out the sentence ending with "make-up". That part is definitely against the rules here!

(I'm not a mod)

Keep posting, though, I'm glad you are here!

Thank you! I cleaned it up. Different boards, different acceptance policies. Some of what I wrote here today would be considered "insensitive" because people died. But sarcastic, offensive quips of humor are OK! Serious conversation & long comments are not always welcome when people are looking for entertainment.

JS and DS are circling the wagons, it would appear. They issued a new joint statement, released by a public relations firm.

http://coronado.patch.com/articles/...fe-dina-shacknai-respond-to-abuse-allegations

Broadcasters obtained police reports out of Arizona on Monday indicating the marriage of Jonah and Dina Shacknai, who announced their son's death Sunday, had moments of storminess and violence, with the one-time couple exchanging accusations of abuse.

The Shacknais, who have since divorced, responded late Monday by issuing their second joint statement in as many days, calling the response to the reports “a distraction from the most important concern of honoring our beautiful son.”

The message was released by prominent Los Angeles public relations firm Sitrick and Company, known for being engaged by clients who are facing media storms.

I'm interpreting this as he fell from the landing. That chandelier plays a part somehow. I wonder if he jumped and grabbed hold of it. A neighbor said it fell on him.

The picture is old, from before JS bought the mansion. Don't know if he bought it furnished, but if that table is still there, he might've hit his head on a sharp corner.

Thanks .. it's odd the page says she has a doctoral degree AND that she's working on her dissertation.

Argosy University appears to be an online university?

According to the page, she has a "PsyD" degree. Perhaps she is also working on a Ph.D. ?

http://psychology.about.com/od/education/a/psyd.htm

"The Psy.D. degree prepares students to work as clinicians, while the Ph.D. also prepares graduates to work in teaching and research. Psy.D. graduates can also teach at the university level."

I'm interpreting this as he fell from the landing. That chandelier plays a part somehow. I wonder if he jumped and grabbed hold of it. A neighbor said it fell on him. The picture is old, from before JS bought the mansion. Don't know if he bought it furnished, but if that table is still there, he might've hit his head on a sharp corner.

BBM

This is not what the article you linked later said. Please provide a MSM (mainstream media) link to the neighbor's comment.

Hi Everybody - such a tragic story. I'm having a hard time with the suicide issue, myself.

This is a REMINDER that LINKS need to be provided, especially when quoting. I am seeing posts about articles and videos, without links. This makes it very hard for the rest of us sleuths to verify or review the information. Please remember your LINKS. They are very important when discussing the facts of the case.

Thanks

Salem

Bumping.

I can't find the stair reference but found this that I hadn't noticed before ...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/jul/14/woman-found-dead-spreckels-mansion-identified/

It's not clear if that is the boy's mother or grandmother being quoted, but grandmother I think ... so

also from article........

Ted Greenberg, owner of Camp Diggity Dogs on Imperial Avenue, said Zahau called his business on Monday afternoon asking if her Weimaraner could be boarded due to the boy’s fall

BBM perhaps the dog was involved in the accident?

According to the page, she has a "PsyD" degree. Perhaps she is also working on a Ph.D. ?

http://psychology.about.com/od/education/a/psyd.htm

"The Psy.D. degree prepares students to work as clinicians, while the Ph.D. also prepares graduates to work in teaching and research. Psy.D. graduates can also teach at the university level."

Ok, that makes sense. I didn't know there was such a thing as a PsyD, but in education there are PhD and EdD's

Surprised there is no live in help, Nanny, Cook or housekeeper.
Big house for no help.

IMO

That's right - she would have to haul herself over that balcony too. What are the keystone cops thinking? I know they don't handle much over there besides jaywalking, but puhleeze.

Me thinks someone pushed her off that balcony. If I take the blinders off, someone just may have pushed little Max off the stairwell (and not down the stairs).

I'm so sad. Where are the CSI folks? This reminds me of the Kathleen Peterson case (where Kathleen accidentally fell down the stairs). Michael is now in prison.

I have no idea who did this, but I believe both died at the hands or help of another.

MOO

Mel

don't you all find it odd that JS was no where around for both of these incidents..

BBM

This is not what the article you linked later said. Please provide a MSM (mainstream media) link to the neighbor's comment.

I believe obmama was referring to a post by scorekeeper #368. Scorekeeper has linked post....

don't you all find it odd that JS was no where around for both of these incidents..

Yes, and I also find it odd that JS has had nothing to say about the death of his girlfriend. Lots to say about his son, but nothing about Rebecca, to my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKT