Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think my eyes just rolled completely outta my head. Not fair! I had just gotten them back from losing them in the Casey Anthony trial.

:innocent:

Does anyone remember reading anywhere if RN ever took sleep medications? I know some people don't necessarily need a sleeping pill every night, but keep a bottle handy in case they are having a difficult time falling asleep d/t stress, etc. I wonder if LE is waiting to find out, through toxicology, if RN may have taken something like Ambien. This drug has been linked to some very bizarre behavior, including episodes of sleep driving, preparing meals while asleep, etc. Here is a quote & link from an article which includes possible suicidal ideation as a side effect:
Ambien can cause unusual and strange thoughts and behavior. Symptoms can be extreme, and can include confusion, suicidal thoughts and actions, worsening of depression, seeing and hearing things that are not there and inappropriate excitement and nervousness, according to MayoClinic.com.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/168336-ambien-dangers/

Some people awaken with no memory of the behaviors they have engaged in while under the effects of this drug.

Here we go...........

The ABC article is a 'rewrite' of the NBC article :banghead::banghead: with possible misinformation (feet bound/not bound)

This is really, really bad reporting.....not checking initial reports from LE

This is leaning///////getting public prepared for suicide :banghead:

Did I miss something.....is one of the 'witnesses' in a mental health facility?

Last paragraph, I heard that also. Is it true, is it DS? txs

If Rebecca was that depressed (as claimed and WHO would actually know that) and there was no hope of saving MS from the beginning, how does that actually sync with

* JS never came back to the mansion before RN died (not proven but probable)
* RN never went to the hospital even though she was planning to on Monday and Tues morning (ditto)
* RN's sister did not think she was depressed

One key problem with some source claiming RN was so full of guilt she comitted suicide is obviously how do t hey know that, but also it makes it sound like this was from the beginning not something that overcame her after she talked with her sister late Tues night.

Also

* JS never came back to the mansion right after RN died (ditto)
* AS we don't know where he was for the most part

MyBelle, your posts last night and early this am injected a little life in a dying thread. :woohoo:

<modsnip>:peace:

I will always believe this was a murder. They can put any spin on it they want, but that does not alter my opinion. I don't fall for spin.

Oh, good grief.... now her feet were NOT bound. You did NOT see those pictures. Oh, you mean THOSE pictures, well, uhmmm. Ok, we have just learned from sources that used to be official, "She slept naked with her feet bound"

Honestly folks, you know what is coming next. Her feet were bound but not together.

Everybody say it together now:

If the feets were not tied, you must be settin’ this case aside.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

What a trip.......

I know we have had discussions about the feet being bound and/or tied together. It is obvious from the pictures (at least for me) that her ankles are wrapped (the right ankle has something wound around it; the left is under her right - could be because they are tied together); if individually, why? bound to chair??

Yes, it was very interesting last evening; I really enjoyed the presentation of new opinions...

Are we no longer allowed to post pictures? tia

No we are not allowed to post pictures........can provide a link (photobucket or flickr).......saying they may be offensive to some...perhaps someone has the post......also out of respect for RN

I will always believe this was a murder. They can put any spin on it they want, but that does not alter my opinion. I don't fall for spin.

What about actual evidence as opposed to broad speculation?
If the evidence shows that this was in fact a suicide, will you believe the "spin" then?

A News 8 review of similar hanging deaths around the nation may reinforce a possible suicide scenario.

Updated: Aug 21, 2011 2:20 AM EDT
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15294873/coronado-mansion-death-the-suicide-scenario

Funny, I have searched the web twice now to find any previous info on Juan Lazo from Escondido - claimed int he article to have committed suicide in 2002 but I find zippo. You would think they would provide some reference for these suicide cases they are citing. I'm uncomfortable that they have not since 10 years from now Rebecca could be cited as having committed a bizarre suicide and that is used as evidence another was more likely.

Anyone else find anything on this Juan Lazo case?

Funny, I have searched the web twice now to find any previous info on Juan Lazo from Escondido - claimed int he article to have committed suicide in 2002 but I find zippo. You would think they would provide some reference for these suicide cases they are citing. I'm uncomfortable that they have not since 10 years from now Rebecca could be cited as having committed a bizarre suicide and that is used as evidence another was more likely.

The facts of two of the suicides in the article:

Sharon Akhaven, 21 had only hands tied, and had attempted suicide previously and left a note

Dominico Doy Nguyen, 35, had a bag over his head and had his hands bound together. The suspicious details of this case have led many to question whether Nguyen&#8217;s death was indeed a suicide.

All were dressed.

They speak about the father of four with his hands and feet bound, but I couldn't find anything on him either, it happened in 2002.

What about actual evidence as opposed to broad speculation?
If the evidence shows that this was in fact a suicide, will you believe the "spin" then?
As no evidence has been release I have used my websluething ability and discussion with others to come to this conclusion. I believe the evidence that they took from the house shows imo that the crime scene was in fact in the house not outside. The hush hush nature of this investigation and the length of time will make me suspect if they do rule suicide.

As no evidence has been release I have used my websluething ability and discussion with others to come to this conclusion. I believe the evidence that they took from the house shows imo that the crime scene was in fact in the house not outside. The hush hush nature of this investigation and the length of time will make me suspect if they do rule suicide.

I agree; we have received no information regarding evidence confiscated; everything is sealed (autopsy; search warrants).

We know they carried out a painting/mirror; blue teak table; bags of evidence; piece of carpet. For some reason LE felt the need to analyze the forensics on these pieces of evidence.......they appeared to have found evidence that would make them look further into whether it was a suicide or a homicide....

Aren't most suicides announced once the autopsy is complete? Her autopsy was completed on Thursday, July 14....

The facts of two of the suicides in the article:

Sharon Akhaven, 21 had only hands tied, and had attempted suicide previously and left a note

Dominico Doy Nguyen, 35, had a bag over his head and had his hands bound together. The suspicious details of this case have led many to question whether Nguyen’s death was indeed a suicide.

All were dressed.

They speak about the father of four with his hands and feet bound, but I couldn't find anything on him either, it happened in 2002.

Well, I did finally find this

http://www.veromi.com/Search.aspx?s...o&city=escondido&state=CA&dobmm=&dobdd=&doby=
LAZO, Juan Carlos Barahona; 31; San Salvador SLV>Escondido CA; NC Times; 2002-1-10; aquii
http://obits.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/obit.cgi?Surname=lazo&type=Keyword&Start=50

I found nothing as well.

WARNING: Drop the conversation from last night. It is over. From this point forward, treat each other respectfully and remember that everyone is allowed to interpret the facts and evidence as they see fit and it is NOT your job to try to convince them otherwise.

If you disagree with a poster and cannot respond without attacking, move past the post. There is no rule you have to respond to every post. There is a rule that you may not attack, bait or disparage others.

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member