Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am trying to catch up with all the posts, therefore apologies if this is addressed further forward.

LE found RZ outside. AS alleges he found her hanging outside. Evidence removed included carpet. Possibly she was killed inside then dragged outside by perp to make it look like a suicide. Just an opinion...

Rug burns...? Carpet fibers under fingernails?

Are there any pictures of AS other than that rather faded one which was posted on here early on?

Rug burns...? Carpet fibers under fingernails?

Are there any pictures of AS other than that rather faded one which was posted on here early on?

I don't recall what was posted here, but the only other picture I've seen of AS was at ES's bar mitzvah (sp)? I don't have the link right now. Maybe someone else does?

I would agree you personally. But JS and DS standing strong as a united front no doubt helped/helps sell the stability of Medicis to stockholders and preserve lucrative business dealings, which DS may possibly profit from as well.

Even if, say, JS were a bereaved victim who had nothing to do with RZ's death but knew for certain she was murdered, he and his surviving children would still benefit the most financially from a suicide pronouncement (and JS in turn could extend that benefit to RZ family). Even if JS knew the murderer this would stand. The only way it doesn't is if RZ was a hit and a message to JS, in which case he should be terrified.

Why would DS profit from this? I kind of doubt she would. She could be getting alimony but for a limited time. I doubt it was considered a long term marriage (California is 10 years, I think Florida is 25) and no kids.

It looks to me like DS didn't own that property in Coronado and doesn't own any property in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. Maybe she didn't get that much from the divorce in the first place except the rented house and child support? She could have had a legal agreement to stay in a rental(s) until Max was 18 or 25 with rent paid by JS, but I don't know how legally obligated anything like that would make him when he has no dependent? If there was a trust fund, what would happen with that?

If I had all that going on when I was married, no way would I put out a joint statement. I especially wouldn't put is out after someone came up dead like Rebecca did. But it makes me wonder if the two of them are keeping quiet about something so as not to implicate the other.

Interesting.

The Zahau family tribute video posted above was for Rebecca Nalepa Zahau. I believe JS hired a PR service which leaked out the point that JS was about to propose. If they had dated for nearly 3 years, nearly engaged and JS was about to become their son-in-law, then a picture of the loving couple would be appropriate since he would have been her best friend. The series of RN photos show her with famiy - and friends.

Music playing loudly anytime between 1130 PM - 630 AM would stand out and arouse attention.

I saw a comment the other day to a news article or something that I thought was interesting. The poster asked who was it that told the news or LE that Rebecca's name was Nalepa... her name had been legally changed 3 months before.

Unclear if someone (JS/DS/AS,PR firm, enemy) wanted reporters/LE to check into that name - as they would realize she had shoplifted. Thus, tarnishing her image.

Or, a friend or neighbor or co worker who knew her by that name for years, and forgot or didn't even know about last name change. I have called a few married friends by their maiden names, rather than their new married names - or - didn't realize a divorced coworker had dropped that name and returned to her maiden name.

Hard to tell..........

All I know, is that if LE told JS they suspect murder (and he was not involved), then I would be fearful for my life and children. Security would be updated and kids under close monitoring. And I would be checking in with LE daily to solve the crime ASAP and hiring my own private detective.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarep...6arizona-ceo-dead-woman-coronado-mystery.html

The article has been changed to read as follows:

The woman was 32-year-old Rebecca Zahau, Shacknai's girlfriend of two years. Neighbors had seen him walking around town with her and his children.
This article was 6 weeks old- wonder what prompted them to change it?

Yes, I saw and bookmarked the original article that said "his daughters."
At the Coronado Patch there was a discussion about this: daughters, sons.
Scroll down to August 29:
http://coronado.patch.com/articles/few-new-details-in-deaths-at-shacknai-mansion-in-coronado
Therefore the article was changed between July 16 and August 25 (the cached version).

I don't recall what was posted here, but the only other picture I've seen of AS was at ES's bar mitzvah (sp)? I don't have the link right now. Maybe someone else does?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150141158806622.284813.120443706621
If link doesn't work, google ES Bar Mitzvah.. AS on right in photo.
Looking at this photo of a united, proud, happy extended family, I have much difficulty believing anyone in this photo is responsible for RZ's death.

If true, very interesting about loud music. Duration of loud music would be important, any special song...

If my neighbor was playing loud music at that time, I would surely get out of bed and look out window. Those teenage boys may have seen something....any neighbor that bothered to look would recall if any lights on in home, loud voices.... Wonder if common for loud music coming from the home.

If true, then I would have to say AS involved. Lets face it, if you flew to your brothers home after a tragic injury to your nephew- it would be hard to sleep, and if any loud music was playing from the main house at 0130 where your brothers girlfriend was staying alone, you would surely think it was odd and check it out.........

In a way, I hope it is true, so LE has more of a time line. IMO.

1.) if rebecca talked to her sister 11:30 PST and if the alleged loud music happened at 1:30 PST, then her death might have happened in the 2 hour period of 11:30 PM to 1:30 AM.

2.) if there was indeed loud music, this points to possibility of using the music to mask or hide a victim's cries or pain.

3.) if AS was home, did he answer yes if asked by authorities if he heard any noises ? if he answered no, then it will contradict the neighbors comments that there was loud music

4.) was police called to the house to answer a noise disturbance complaint ? if so, who answered the door ?? hehehe

5.) whats the point of taking out physical evidence such as carpet, mirror/frame, etc ? unless they found something on it , e.g. stains such as blood, etc, or writing.

6.) if police finalize announce it was a homicide then we will have an answer to our speculations as to whether the recent spate of articles favoring "suicide" was mere propaganda or "PR" re-releases. Otherwise,....I see a "hidden" or political motive in prepping the public for a suicide announcement . e.g. upcoming elections

7.) A.S. said "hanging" , but if physical evidence carted out, and bruises on Rebecca's neck says otherwise, then something fishy going on.

If true, very interesting about loud music.

If my neighbor was playing loud music at that time, I would surely get out of bed and look out window. Those teenage boys may have seen something....

If true, then I would have to say AS involved. Lets face it, if you flew to your brothers home after a tragic injury to your nephew- it would be hard to sleep, and if any loud music was playing from the main house at 0130 where your brothers girlfriend was staying alone, you would surely think it was odd and check it out.........

In a way, I hope it is true, so LE has more of a time line.

Loud muic at 0130?..............

-If RN preparing to committ suicide then we know she was still alive at that time. But, she was running the risk of AS coming into the house to see what was going on, realizing something was wrong, calling JS and stopping the suicide.
-If murderer wanted to cover up screaming, then they ran the risk of drawing attention to the home and neigbors calling LE for disturbance.... noticing house lights on/off, odd/familiar car in driveway, witnessed courtyard crime, etc. In this case, the murderer obviously did NOT know AS sleeping in backyard guesthouse - right next to crime scene. (or they did know and AS involved)
-Did JS come home and have fight - opted to turn up music, as he did not want neigbors or brother to hear? Then accident or pre meditated event occurred, followed by suicide staging.
-RN alone in home with AS/JS at hospital. Drugged out, crying, playing loud music. Then politely, turned it off before she hung herself?
-False story. No loud music.
-JS/RN involved with swinging parties, and someone showed up to play. Things went bad, she died and staged suicide.
-AS drunk, playing music loud. Doubtful for visiting guest.
-AS trying to turn on sterero but not used to this one, so he accidentally blasts it. Then turns it down within minutes of figuring out what knob to turn. (I have done this before...)

IMO. I really dont know........

No matter what you do there is always something that contradicts a theory. That is why I keep thinking staged. Natural events rarely contradicts in that it happens naturally.

The legs would have been straight not bent and open the orange cord would have been drug from the left side not the right.

Time...... I know you can I see it.... LOL You are no doubt hammering away and coming up with good points to consider or reconsider.

Inobu

That depends upon whether her hands and feet were tied together (hog tied as many early reports stated). That and rigor mortis would account for the bent legs. Music at 1:30 would give 5 hours....plenty of time for rigor mortis to set in. As far as which way the cord goes, I believe that which side of Rebecca AS was on, how he cut her down and whether he used the table to do so [and broke the leg doing it] would determine how he carried her and how the cord trailed behind. IMO of course. I've been wrong before!

Must say in thinking about this......the cord was very long. If AS used the table, that would imply he needed the height. Why cut the cord so high? How did he do that? One arm around Rebecca then reach as high as he possibly can and cut that cord? Did they both fall off the table from the sudden weight change [and break the leg? Why isn't the table overturned?]???? Hmmmmm. More questions. I would have cut the cord at the most convenient height, right over her head.........not several feet away. How tall is AS anyway?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150141158806622.284813.120443706621
If link doesn't work, google ES Bar Mitzvah.. AS on right in photo.
Looking at this photo of a united, proud, happy extended family, I have much difficulty believing anyone in this photo is responsible for RZ's death.

I remember this picture being discussed before and the mention of GS not pointing with everyone else. I didn't see the photo at that time. Thank you Carioca for posting a link. I want to point out that GS ISN"T the only one not pointing. JS isn't either. Neither the older blond lady sitting down on the far left. And MS has that same odd smile in this photo. Food for thought. Probably means nothing at all.

I do not think Max was autistic. He was on an organized soccer team and the coach said he was a very good player. I am not sure a 6 yr old with autism would be able to play soccer at that age. It takes a lot of focus and discipline.

STOP THE PRESSES ... STOP THE PRESSES ...

Coronado Death Investigations Media Briefing

The San Diego County Sheriff’s Department will hold a media briefing about the death investigations in Coronado on Friday, September 2nd at 11:00 a.m. The briefing will be held in Training Rooms 1 through 4 of the Sheriff’s Department Main Office at 9621 Ridgehaven Court, San Diego, CA 92123.

Sheriff Bill Gore will lead a panel of experts from the Sheriff’s Homicide Detail, Sheriff’s Crime Lab, County Medical Examiner’s Office, and Coronado Police Department to discuss the findings on the deaths of Rebecca Zahau and Max Shacknai. There will be a Q and A portion after the media briefing.

Media packets will not be distributed during the briefing. Power Point presentations, photos, video and graphics presented at the briefing will be posted on www.sdsheriff.net/coronado. Information that does not come from this web page, the Sheriff’s Department or Coronado Police Department should not be relied upon.

Only national media with current, valid credentials and local media with media badges from SDPD will be allowed into the briefing. Given the facility limitations, the Sheriff’s Department reserves the right to refuse entry in order to ensure the broadest dissemination of information. The media briefing will start promptly at 11:00 a.m. Latecomers will not be admitted.

Source ... http://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/0901.pdf

Please hit "thanks" to vote ...

The Media briefing will announce that Rebecca's death was a suicide

Please hit "thanks" to vote this as the announcement ...

The Media briefing will announce that Rebecca's death was a homicide

The Media briefing will announce that Rebecca's death is undetermined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020