* What type of knots were used
* What was used to hang and to bind, if was electrical cord
* Home security cameras or alarms: were they on and if not, why not
* Time of death
* How did they prove whereabouts of JS, AS and DS at time of death
* How did AS cut RZ down, what did he use
* Who was there when little MS fell

Am sure will think of more...

Well, if suicide then very strange way for a woman to do it.... nude, electrical cords, blue scarf, feet bound, days before MS declared brain dead and organs donated, hanging vs overdose option, staged to look like murder raising doubt on JS.

Add to list:

*Who was at the estate between 2330-0630 besides RN? ( already mentioned, but top of my list of curiosity)
*Who was at the estate when MS fell (but may not tell us if minor?)
*Toxicology results
*Would love to know cell/phone info (who, when) ---as curious if suicide precipitated by call from JS, but they won't be realeased.
*Did JS ever come back to home from time between MS hospital admit till RN body found, or after RN body found
*Did RN or AS ever go to hospital?
*Who was the last person to see RN alive (in person, not via phone)?

-----------------------------------------------------
Curious if RN family will make a comment or agree with LE

9/1 Jonah Shacknai Girlfriend Rebecca Zahou’s Death Ruled Suicide

... will be ruled a suicide, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

[RN] "killed herself. That is what the investigation determined. There was no foul play, and the evidence is is ironclad that [RN] killed herself."

[MS], most likely, slid down the bannister of the staircase, head first, at his dad's mansion and hit his head, our source says.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/09/jonah-shacknai-girlfriend-rebecca-zahau-death-ruled-suicide

Sources said Zahau felt tremendous guilt over the death of 6-year-old Max Shacknai because his fatal injuries happened while she was watching the boy.
BBM

Source: Detectives to Update Coronado Mansion Mystery | NBC San Diego
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Detectives-to-Update-Coronado-Mansion-Mystery--128888933.html

Feeling guilty that the accident happened on her watch is one thing; being responsible for his death is another. When siding with the suicide scenario, please please keep that in mind... And please please LE, do not try and pin little MS' death on the one person who cannot defend herself.
I'm sorry for my comments; this case truly upsets me to the core.

Questions to add if not already included: What was GS doing when injured in the same accident as MS? What were the extent of her injuries?

Well, I gues now the old "money can buy you anything" holds even for

Money can buy you out of a murder rap.

No way - no how - not possible that this woman's death was a suicide.

It will be interesting to see if JS now hooks back up with his ex (MS' mother).

Shame

I hope whatever LE has determined will bring some measure of peace to the families involved, as well as justice to the memories of Maxie and Rebecca.

We don't have all the facts. Just because the facts point to a direction that you personally don't agree with does not mean that the police are bought and paid for by Mr Shacknai or someone else with money.

I'm in San Diego and I've followed this case from the get-go. Given past problems with evidence in Dumanis' office, the upcoming elections, and the players' ability to lawyer up, I really do think LE was scrupulous in this case. I would NOT typically say that.

As improbable as it sounds, at this point I really do think RN was a suicide. By that point in the evening it was likely clear that MS was beyond hope. (Local gossip had MS brain dead the day of the accident, but I state this as hearsay and I'm not saying it is fact.) My gut tells me that JS broke up with her at some point during the night. Probably by phone, text or email. I honestly do not see a parent leaving the child's bedside. I'm sure JS wasn't too nice, it that indeed happened. I imagine an incredibly vicious verbal attack. In this vulnerable and distraught state, RN could have committed suicide in a very public way which would cast suspicion on him.

If this was a hit, it would have been cleaner. It would have performed in a far different manner, one which would not in any way cast suspicion on anyone else.

As to the bar mitzvah photo. I see the key players as very strained. This was not a candid photo -- the photographer posed them (I've been to many such events). That JS stood in the back, and wasn't in the seat where GS was sitting, says a lot. It tells me the relationship between KJ and JS isn't too cordial even years after that acrimonious divorce.

Just some thoughts as we wait for tomorrow. And yes, it'll be suicide. If it were otherwise, there wouldn't be the dog-and-pony show.

Well, IMO, if Rebecca committed suicide over that tragic accident alone that is incredibly sad. Accidents can happen to anyone. And if JS held it against her, that would be mean spirited and unrealistic if it truly was an accident.

I wonder if someone threatened her with legal action.

ETA: What is "ironclad evidence" in a suicide besides a note? If there was a note, why has this taken this long? Note could have been forced......Ok, ok, I'll wait until tomorrow. :waiting:

:cow:

I can only hope that LE has put as much effort into investigating RZ death as a suicide and determining her actions as it has into investigating RZ death as a homicide and determining the actions of JS, DS, AS, GS, and any other SUSPECTS, such they are conclusively eliminated or already arrested. Finally, if suicide is the verdict (and seems odd to me RZ case being essentially tried outside a courtroom), could JS be tried for driving RZ to it with physical, emotional, and verbal abuse?

BTW, have so appreciated everyone's posts on this site to date. I hope somehow they have contributed to justice for RZ, whatever the outcome tomorrow.

Finally, if suicide is the verdict (and seems odd to me RZ case being essentially tried outside a courtroom, could JS be tried for driving RZ to it with physical, emotional, and verbal abuse?

We don't know what JS said to RZ/RN. Even if he blamed her for the death of his son, how is he to blame for what RZ/RN does after the incident?
I have not seen or heard of any evidence that JS abused RZ/RN in any way.

I find it interesting that once again LE is saying don't listen to anyone but us and then BAM! the news stories start with claims they have the inside info. Someone isn't playing it straight here. If this info is being leaked, then by who and why? Would JS be informed of the investigation? Does everyone think it is someone getting info from LE somehow? Or, is the news bogus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895