Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can you tell me which PowerPoint slide, and where in the News Conference, or link those please?

However, I’m sure hundreds of organizations and companies use that PR firm. They are one of the biggest in the nation, AFAIK.

The Sheriff thanking the PR firm does not prove that the Sheriff’s office and the Shacknai’s have “coordinated” all of their “PR campaigns” on RZ’s ‘murder”. That would certainly be improper, warrant investigation, and is a big accusation of wrongdoing against a law enforcement.agency.

My opinion only.

Betty P, have the Zahaus mentioned why they delayed filing the verdict for over 8 months?

Dateline NBC‏Verified account @DatelineNBC
Mary remembers her free-spirited sister Rebecca #Dateline
7:58 PM - 9 Nov 2018

Dateline Producer‏ @DatelineNBCProd
Adam Shacknai has worked on the Mississippi River since 1990. #Dateline
7:36 PM - 9 Nov 2018

Rebecca loved to paint. She turned one of the bedrooms in the mansion into an artist studio. #Dateline
7:13 PM - 9 Nov 2018

According to Forbes, Jonah sold Medicis to Valeant Pharmaceuticals International for $2.6 billion in 2012. #Dateline

7:03 PM - 9 Nov 2018

ateline Producer‏ @DatelineNBCProd
Who is ready for an all-new @DatelineNBC? Just two more hours to go, East Coast! #Dateline

DrmjM51VsAA8Ey4.jpg

5:00 PM - 9 Nov 2018

Sheriff Gore never said it would be finished in 90 days. He said it would take “at least” 90 days. Dave Myers was incorrect.

https://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/zahau-investigation.pdf

Mica, why would the Zahaus need to “get their ducks in a row” or wait for Gore to file the verdict? I don’t understand why they would wait 8 months unless it was to delay Adam Shacknai filing an appeal. They must be worried the case will be overturned?

Sheriff Gore never said it would be finished in 90 days. He said it would take “at least” 90 days. Dave Myers was incorrect.

https://www.sdsheriff.net/coronado/zahau-investigation.pdf

Mica, why would the Zahaus need to “get their ducks in a row” or wait for Gore to file the verdict? I don’t understand why they would wait 8 months unless it was to delay Adam Shacknai filing an appeal. They must be worried the case will be overturned?

IMO, Mr. Greer believes quite the contrary unless the “new investigation” is nothing more than looking at the evidence with their eyes closed....

At least 90 days turned into 209 days...a thorough investigation or a stalling tactic?

I thought the Dateline episode was excellent, and was glad to see a report on the case that showed Mary Zahau and Attorney Greer for what they are - opportunists that used the horrific tragedy of Rebecca’s suicide to accuse three people and try to make money off of the situation. I thought they did an through and convincing job of comparing the evidence the detectives (with over 200 years of experience between them) found proving it was suicide with the convoluted story that Greer made up out of thin air.
IMO.
The twitter poll on the episode agreed.
Really? Juries do not convict out of "thin air." That's nonsense, and an insult to the judicial process!

Really? Juries do not convict out of "thin air." That's nonsense, and an insult to the judicial process!

There was no conviction in this case. It was a Civil trial, which does not take a unanimous decision, and Shacknai is appealing. Rebecca Zahau’s death certificate still states suicide was the manner of death.

Juries do not always get it right. Remember the Casey Anthony and OJ trials?

I thought Adam came across as very honest and forthcoming. He was railroaded and framed, IMO.

There was no conviction in this case. It was a Civil trial, which does not take a unanimous decision, and Shacknai is appealing. Rebecca Zahau’s death certificate still states suicide was the manner of death.

Juries do not always get it right. Remember the Casey Anthony and OJ trials?

I thought Adam came across as very honest and forthcoming. He was railroaded and framed, IMO.

Semantics. Juries don't render verdicts based on nothing. We all watched the trial and it's coverage in the news media in real time. There was a great deal of evidence presented that convinced jurors to rule that Adam was responsible for RZ's death.

It will be interesting to see the results of Sheriff Gore's re-investigation or review of evidence. Personally, I don't think he will change his mind. People in Gore's profession seldom like to admit they made a mistake of otherwise revise their original conclusions, but anything is possible. Either way, it doesn't alter the facts of the case.

Semantics. Juries don't render verdicts based on nothing. We all watched the trial and it's coverage in the news media in real time. There was a great deal of evidence presented that convinced jurors to rule that Adam was responsible for RZ's death.

It will be interesting to see the results of Sheriff Gore's re-investigation or review of evidence. Personally, I don't think he will change his mind. People in Gore's profession seldom like to admit they made a mistake of otherwise revise their original conclusions, but anything is possible. Either way, it doesn't alter the facts of the case.

It is not just semantics, it is the difference in a Criminal and Civil trial. You can not get a conviction in a Civil trial. No one will ever go to jail or serve time. A Civil trial awards money, not punishment. Over 5 million dollars in this case.

Who is the “we” you are referring to? Many who watched the trial felt the jury voted on emotion and not on the evidence, since there was no physical evidence connecting Adam Shacknai to the scene, and feel that Judge Bacall was predjudice in her rulings. There have also been rumors in San Diego that the jury was padded with some of the Zahau supporters. There will certainly be an appeal, and the death certificate still says “suicide” so there is no end to this and it will be going on for another five years at least.

Perhaps Gore will not change his mind or revise his original conclusion of suicide, because that is what the new detectives find as well, and because that is the truth of what happened.

We shall see.

There have also been rumors in San Diego that the jury was padded with some of the Zahau supporters.

rsbm

Rumors are started and spread by rumor mongers and it is usually for malicious purposes. I would like to see the factual basis behind the spreading of that malicious rumor but of course if there was one it wouldn't be just a rumor it would be a factual allegation by now. I wouldn't be happy to read that if I was one of the jurors who served at the trial.

Can you tell me which PowerPoint slide, and where in the News Conference, or link those please?

However, I’m sure hundreds of organizations and companies use that PR firm. They are one of the biggest in the nation, AFAIK.

The Sheriff thanking the PR firm does not prove that the Sheriff’s office and the Shacknai’s have “coordinated” all of their “PR campaigns” on RZ’s ‘murder”. That would certainly be improper, warrant investigation, and is a big accusation of wrongdoing against a law enforcement.agency.

My opinion only.

I suggest you listen to the entirety of Sheriff Gore's speech at that PC and read the entire powerpoint presentation. He even mentions that his office was grateful for the help of the Shacknai family in helping organize the presentation.

It is not just semantics, it is the difference in a Criminal and Civil trial. You can not get a conviction in a Civil trial. No one will ever go to jail or serve time. A Civil trial awards money, not punishment. Over 5 million dollars in this case.

Who is the “we” you are referring to? Many who watched the trial felt the jury voted on emotion and not on the evidence, since there was no physical evidence connecting Adam Shacknai to the scene, and feel that Judge Bacall was predjudice in her rulings. There have also been rumors in San Diego that the jury was padded with some of the Zahau supporters. There will certainly be an appeal, and the death certificate still says “suicide” so there is no end to this and it will be going on for another five years at least.

Perhaps Gore will not change his mind or revise his original conclusion of suicide, because that is what the new detectives find as well, and because that is the truth of what happened.

We shall see.

Regardless of semantics, juries don't make decisions lightly about cases. It's not a game, it's serious business. It's also unfair to slam a jury just because they didn't vote they way you wish. Money can't always buy everything. Sometimes justice is served in spite of it.

Rumors are started and spread by rumor mongers and it is usually for malicious purposes. I would like to see the factual basis behind the spreading of that malicious rumor but of course if there was one it wouldn't be just a rumor it would be a factual allegation by now. I wouldn't be happy to read that if I was one of the jurors who served at the trial.

Some rumors are just rumors, and there have been hundreds in this case. Some rumors are based on fact. If there is any truth to what I have heard about town, Dan Webb is looking into the allegations. If he can prove jury misconduct, the case would be overturned immediately upon appeal.

If I had been on the jury I really wouldn’t be happy to know that a jury had been compromised by jurors who had already made up their minds about what happened before the trial even started. Especially if I were one of the jurors who voted NO.

My opinion.

I suggest you listen to the entirety of Sheriff Gore's speech at that PC and read the entire powerpoint presentation. He even mentions that his office was grateful for the help of the Shacknai family in helping organize the presentation.

You will need to give specific page #’s and time stamps for such a statement. I have listened to and read the entire presentation and I think you are mistaken about that. I highly doubt the Shacknai family was organizing Power Point slides.

You also insinuate that the Defense tried to buy the jury, do you have a link for that, or it that another rumor that has been spread?

You will need to give specific page #’s and time stamps for such a statement. I have listened to and read the entire presentation and I think you are mistaken about that. I highly doubt the Shacknai family was organizing Power Point slides.

You also insinuate that the Defense tried to buy the jury, do you have a link for that, or it that another rumor that has been spread?

I'm so sorry you misunderstood what I posted. I didn't say the family organized the PP presentation. I think we can now agree to disagree.

I think you are also in error in "assuming" my thoughts about the defense buying the jury. You are very wrong in that assumption.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back