Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This would also explain injuries to her shoulders and scrapes to her lower back. Are there any photos of this tar area?
No photos of this area taken by LE at that time. The area has been resurfaced with a light colored stone tile as part of the renovation. There might be some photos from the helicopters that were circling overhead that day though.

Dave Myers will have a chance to review the evidence from the civil trial with Mr. Greer sometime in the next few weeks. This is great news!

View attachment 132990

Good job, Tiffanie! No doubt Mr. Greer will have a compelling set of facts about Rebecca's murder for Mr. Myers to consider! Since he is already LE in San Diego, he may be able see things about the case that even Mr. Greer didn't have access to for the WD trial.

SHould a retirement gift be needed for Mr. Gore, I think a game of Clue would be just the thing. I'll buy!

Welcome to Websleuths!

Back in 2013 when the Coronado Police Chief retired, Mrs. Bill Gore presented him with a Game Of Clue, customized with information about both Max and Rebecca’s deaths, which she had created herself. She made this presentation at a retirement party, which was attended by about 200 people, and read aloud from this game that she had created. She and her sheriff husband were laughing throughout this presentation. Most people looked around nervously, as though they were disgusted and looking for the nearest exit, I regret not confronting both she and Sheriff Gore to dress them down in public for their unacceptable behavior.

Inparadise, I remember this story because you posted it back when it happened. Disgusting.

The San Diego Sheriff's Department released a statement on the Rebecca Zahau case on Monday indicating they will "undertake a fresh review of the case."

See below for the full statement sent by the sheriff's department.

After a productive conversation with the family's attorney, Keith Greer, Sheriff Bill Gore determined that, while no new evidence was presented, new analysis of existing evidence was presented in the recently concluded civil trial. In the spirit of transparency and open-mindedness, we have agreed to undertake a fresh review of the case, by investigators who have had no prior involvement with the case, to evaluate the new information.
Without having the materials and reports from the civil attorney in front of us at this time, it is difficult to say how long this review will take; however, we expect it will take at least 90 days.
When our investigation is complete, we will meet with the family's attorney to discuss our findings. Ultimately, the cause and manner of death, in any case, is determined by the Medical Examiner. In San Diego County, the Medical Examiner's Office is an independent entity and separate from the Sheriff's Department.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/37970132/san-diego-sheriffs-department-to-review-rebecca-zahaucase

Da8ZEXNU0AAYMrQ.jpg:large

I’d say this is cause for celebration!! I just wish Gore wasn’t involved, but at least it will be fresh eyes examining the evidence.

But it sounds like the cause and manner of death will remain suicide unless the ME gets involved.

The San Diego Sheriff's Department released a statement on the Rebecca Zahau case on Monday indicating they will "undertake a fresh review of the case."

See below for the full statement sent by the sheriff's department.

After a productive conversation with the family's attorney, Keith Greer, Sheriff Bill Gore determined that, while no new evidence was presented, new analysis of existing evidence was presented in the recently concluded civil trial. In the spirit of transparency and open-mindedness, we have agreed to undertake a fresh review of the case, by investigators who have had no prior involvement with the case, to evaluate the new information.
Without having the materials and reports from the civil attorney in front of us at this time, it is difficult to say how long this review will take; however, we expect it will take at least 90 days.
When our investigation is complete, we will meet with the family's attorney to discuss our findings. Ultimately, the cause and manner of death, in any case, is determined by the Medical Examiner. In San Diego County, the Medical Examiner's Office is an independent entity and separate from the Sheriff's Department.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/37970132/san-diego-sheriffs-department-to-review-rebecca-zahaucase

I am shocked by this! SHOCKED.

Gore must be worried about losing votes. As he should be.

Throughout the press release they use the word "review." In the last paragraph, they change "review" to "investigation". IMO, they want to make it seem like they are conducting a new investigation; however in reality it is just a courtesy review of the new analysis of existing evidence. The press release makes sure to mention the cause and manner of death are determined by the ME.

Throughout the press release they use the word "review." In the last paragraph, they change "review" to "investigation". IMO, they want to make it seem like they are conducting a new investigation; however in reality it is just a courtesy review of the new analysis of existing evidence. The press release makes sure to mention the cause and manner of death are determined by the ME.

Agree.

Imo, it's entirely political. Gore is trying to take the wind out of Myers' sails on this. In addition, there's no way he wants outside eyes on the investigation. It will be "reopened" and closed again by his people, with the same result, and I predict it will happen in a hurry. ETA: It may not happen in a hurry, actually. He may leave it open through the election.

Mr. Greer's no dummy. He knows what Gore's intent here is. He needs to figure out how to counter this. Imo, in retrospect, the goodwill gesture to meet with the SDSO to reopen the case was probably ill-advised.

Yes, i noticed the same thing. I'm wondering if Gore got pressure from elsewhere, maybe got nervous that if he didn't do this, Greer would find another agency that would. It's election year and he has an opponent that is actually very vocal about wanting to take Gore's job.

This is wonderful news! Congratulations, Mr. Greer!

I'm wondering what Greer's response will be to this. I know the statement was release an hour ago, but Greer's twitter is radio silent.

Regardless of Gores intentions......... I WOULD SURE LOVE TO BE A FLY ON ADAM SHACKNAI'S WALL RIGHT NOW! :laughing::happydance::great: AND JONAH'S WALL TOO!!!

Wonder how this effects his possible appeals process?

I am very leery about this.

Question...Was the blood found on all four sides of the handle of the knife (suspected in sexual assault) new evidence?

I'm wondering what Greer's response will be to this. I know the statement was release an hour ago, but Greer's twitter is radio silent.

We think alike. I went looking for the same and found nothing. Maybe Mr. Greer will update soon.

Agree.

Imo, it's entirely political. Gore is trying to take the wind out of Myers' sails on this. In addition, there's no way he wants outside eyes on the investigation. It will be "reopened" and closed again by his people, with the same result, and I predict it will happen in a hurry. ETA: It may not happen in a hurry, actually. He may leave it open through the election.

Mr. Greer's no dummy. He knows what Gore's intent here is. He needs to figure out how to counter this. Imo, in retrospect, the goodwill gesture to meet with the SDSO to reopen the case was probably ill-advised.

I agree. I wish Greer had waited until after the election, but he probably had no choice. I expect Gore is feeling like a cat who swallowed a canary right now. I hope Greer is a good chess player and can counteract this move by Gore.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971
Back