Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death/ADAM SHACKNAI FOUND RESPONSIBLE #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I love how in the statement it says " while no new evidence was presented, new analysis of existing evidence was presented in the recently concluded civil trial." That's got to be embarrassing. Wrongful death verdict saying Adam is liable, by a jury of citizens, using just his departments evidence , and no additional evidence needed. Glaringly points to major mistakes made by his department....all my opinions

This is on local news all day. Reopening the investigation. I hope they really investigate. It’s suppose to be by fresh eyes. I am sure it’s Gores fear of losing in the election bringing this about.

I agree. I wish Greer had waited until after the election, but he probably had no choice. I expect Gore is feeling like a cat who swallowed a canary right now. I hope Greer is a good chess player and can counteract this move by Gore.

I wish he could've waited as well, but I don't think he has a choice. He had to act fast while this is still active in the media to help put added pressure as well as before appeals. my opinon

This is on local news all day. Reopening the investigation. I hope they really investigate. It’s suppose to be by fresh eyes. I am sure it’s Gores fear of losing in the election bringing this about.

Agree, and Dave Myers saying he will re-open if elected is another driving force for Gore, IMO.

Call me cynical, but IMO this is nothing more than a PR move by Gore because he's afraid of losing the election over this.

I don't trust him as far as I could spit a rat. And I look forward to voting against him.

I love how in the statement it says " while no new evidence was presented, new analysis of existing evidence was presented in the recently concluded civil trial." That's got to be embarrassing. Wrongful death verdict saying Adam is liable, by a jury of citizens, using just his departments evidence , and no additional evidence needed. Glaringly points to major mistakes made by his department....all my opinions
BBM

Gore has to realize he’s toast no matter what he does and no matter how this “investigation” turns out...he will either be embarrassed or not believed. Either way he will be “retired.” I take back my “cat who swallowed a canary” comment...I think. I hope Greer can take control of this. I wonder if Greer can later appeal to Myers to turn it over to a neutral party.

Agree, and Dave Myers saying he will re-open if elected is another driving force for Gore, IMO.

I think that Dave Myers should be using the cases of how this dept has botched the investigations of the Mcstays and Rebecca Zahau to help in his campaign. Really hammer home how unacceptable these investigations were.

Question- while under "review" can greer still try to get this case looked at by another agency?

Keith Greer
Keith Greer
@GreerLawyer
·
5m
I had a great discussion with Sheriff Gore today, and I am looking forward to working the fresh set of eyes that he has assigned to review the case. #rebeccazauau #zahau #justice4rebecca @thatmarciaclark

https://mobile.twitter.com/greerlawyer?lang=en

Ah Man! Ya beat me to it!:clap:

Sounds to me like Greer intends on being pretty involved in their review.

Agree.

Imo, it's entirely political. Gore is trying to take the wind out of Myers' sails on this. In addition, there's no way he wants outside eyes on the investigation. It will be "reopened" and closed again by his people, with the same result, and I predict it will happen in a hurry. ETA: It may not happen in a hurry, actually. He may leave it open through the election.

Mr. Greer's no dummy. He knows what Gore's intent here is. He needs to figure out how to counter this. Imo, in retrospect, the goodwill gesture to meet with the SDSO to reopen the case was probably ill-advised.

Agree. This is not good news in my eyes. It's all political -- they indicate there is no new news and cause of death determined by ME. If they review this to arrive at the same conclusion, that is worse than leaving it as it currently stands, IMO.

Agree. This is not good news in my eyes. It's all political -- they indicate there is no new news and cause of death determined by ME. If they review this to arrive at the same conclusion, that is worse than leaving it as it currently stands, IMO.

Same. But, I do think that Greer knows Gore's game. He lived with this case for so long and probably knows more than any of us on this dept and Gore and the way they work. From Greer's tweet, it made it seem that his intention was to work with the investigators. So I am hopeful in Greer, and skeptical of the sheriff's dept. MOO

I am looking forward to watching Marcia Clark’s show about Rebecca this coming Thursday on A&E.

I have watched all her other shows so far, and I find them to be very well done. Marcia is very methodical and mostly linear in her presentation, and a lot of work has gone into preparing her programs.

IMO, far superior to Dateline and 48 Hour’s mysteries.

Has anyone else been watching these shows? What do you think?

Well worth watching, especially the Drew Peterson one ... absolutely astonished me.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KSBW also asked Gore if he changed his mind about reopening the Zahau case because his political challenger had suggested he would reopen the case, Gore said he was saddened to see the Zahau family and their attorney bring politics into the investigation.

[...]

"If you look at things associated with the crime, not even Rebecca's DNA or prints are on them," Greer said. "I think that's the most significant aspect."

Adam Shacknai issued a statement via his legal representation shortly after Sheriff Gore made his decision public.
[...]

More to read at link

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/lo...aus-Death-at-Spreckles-Mansion-479935363.html

"One of the collateral benefits of us having the civil verdict is that the public is now scrutinizing this and with that, the sheriff is really going to be compelled to do a bang-up job," Greer said. "Whatever decision he comes up with is going to have to be supported by the evidence and have to be explained and since we know the evidence so well, I'm very confident that when this group gets done looking at this evidence, they are not going to say it's suicide."

Greer said a review of the case is just the beginning. The Zahau family also wants the Sheriff's Department to reopen the investigation.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2018/04/16/sheriffs-department-to-review-rebecca-zahau-case/

more to read at link

The statement released Monday doesn’t retract the earlier statement about the Medical Examiner’s Office finding or say the case is being reopened. Rather, it said evidence will be reviewed in light of how it was analyzed in court.

[...]

“I think it’s a first step in the right direction,” Greer said, adding that he believes the next step will be to fully reopen the case, which he had said was the goal of the lawsuit.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/zahau-case/sd-me-zahau-review-20180416-story.html

Myers criticized Gore for not revisiting the case Monday night.

"He's had the evidence for seven years," he said. "That's not changed. He's had the family asking him for seven years to look at it. But it took a civil trial, nine jurors and Dave Myers running for sheriff."

Gore did not respond to a request to respond to Myers on Monday night.

[FONT=&amp]Greer said Zahau's sister, Mary Zahau-Loehner, and Zahau-Loehner's husband, Doug Loehner, were "cautiously optimistic" that the sheriff's decision to review evidence would lead to reopening the case.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/sd-me-zahau-review-20180416-story.html

[/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rixada