Reese Witherspoon and Husband Split

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
southcitymom said:
Not to excuse infidelity, but a lot of times when a married couple is struggling and things aren't working out, one or both partners "step out." I think it happens a lot.
In this case, it sounds like Reese and Ryan's marriage had been on the decline for a while.

it does happen a lot, especially when one gets the 'big head' .... it could be that Reese wasn't all 'peaches & cream' to live with .... it could be that Ryan was made to feel less than a man, since he wasn't getting as much attention as Reese....(not bringing in as much $)...it could be that Ryan was 'stepping out' because he doesn't love Reese anymore....or maybe he might have 'stepped out' because Reese didn't love him anymore......people need to feel love from their spouses, & maybe one...or both of them 'dropped the ball', although i think it's pretty obvious that's what happened...

i never heard a peep about Ryan cheating on her, but it really wouldn't surprise me...

Did anyone read about Reese getting wasted in Las Vegas last month? Her handlers were blocking her will show vomited getting off the elevator. If I remember correctly, it was a blind item on eonline or pagesix, but the clues were pretty obviously pointing to Reese. I believe they referred to her as a recent Oscar winner and young mother.

The one thing I always like about Reese is that she was always seen about with her kids, doing normal Mom things, like walking them to school everyday, always taking them to the parks. The tabloids and paparazzi reported that she was always with her kids, ALONE.....never with a nanny or hired help. So many of the celebs these days don't parent full-time and have full-time nannies or "Hired Moms" who are the main caregivers to their kids, and are never seen with their kids without their Hired Moms. I liked that Reese never (it seemed) to have to rely on someone else to raise her kids, like so many do. Makes me wonder why some people even have kids, if their only going to hire someone to do the parenting for them.

cinsbythesea said:
Wow - she really does resemble a younger Reese! Thanks for the link!
YW. I think that while Abbie is attractive that Reese is much prettier. Just my opinion, though. ;)

Masterj said:
Did anyone read about Reese getting wasted in Las Vegas last month? Her handlers were blocking her will show vomited getting off the elevator. If I remember correctly, it was a blind item on eonline or pagesix, but the clues were pretty obviously pointing to Reese. I believe they referred to her as a recent Oscar winner and young mother.
Hmmm. I feel sorry for her. She is a devoted mother, from all outward appearances worked on her marriage, talked about women in her life that have had an impact on her, etc. She has, imo, opinion, shown depth of character.
Now, the alcohol thing...omg...I am over 40 now and I still have very, very low tolerance to alcohol. If I don't have something to eat, I will be sick if I have 2 cocktails.

Maybe she decided to- while in Vegas- tie one on?

Ryan Phillipe (yawn) imo, traded down. He, like so many married men, was tempted by the "fruit of another". He probably liked that she was younger and more carefree than the woman who gave birth to his children. You know, some men think their wives are no longer sexy after becoming moms. *advertiser censored*.

I have some sources that are related to Ryan. They said he likes to gamble and didn't spend much time at home. The whole thing is sad. I really hoped they would work. Reese doesn't seem like the type to take much crap though.

Rachael said:
I have some sources that are related to Ryan. They said he likes to gamble and didn't spend much time at home. The whole thing is sad. I really hoped they would work. Reese doesn't seem like the type to take much crap though.
I've heard that too. I also heard that he is very into hanging with the boys (such as his best-bud Breckin Meyer) and toking up regularly. I was also told that he has cheated on Reese numerous times and that this one was the last straw.

Re. Reese - a friend told me she was asked by Fox to do an event with Joaquin and help his campaign for an Academy Award. He has major anxiety about walking the red carpet and said he would do it if Reese was there to help him through it. She said she knew her win was assured and refused. I believe the event was canceled.

She also made huge demands for a private jet, wardrobe, hair and make up people, etc. Fox had to cancel several people's trip itineraries in order to make this happen. Right before she was scheduled to depart she called and cancelled. She apparently did not have a reason - just didn't feel like going and fox had to eat the loss.

:laugh:
IdahoMom said:
You know, some men think their wives are no longer sexy after becoming moms. *advertiser censored*.
You tell it girl!

Cypros said:
I am a big fan of Reese Witherspoon but the name Ryan Phillipe means nothing to me. Neither does his face. Has he been in anything noteworthy? I think the problem is that he looks like every other blond white guy out there -- nothing distinctive or special about his looks. He will never be the shining star that is Reese.

Well, I am sorry that they are going through this difficult time and especially sorry for the kids.

Divorce is pretty much the norm these days -- Hollywood or not.

He starred in Cruel Intentions with Reese. His voice is very distinctive, I don't know how to describe it though. Kind of Brooding Preppy Boy. He also played the rookie cop in Crash. I was happy when that won best picture because I actually thought that might even things up a little bit between them. He goes for the more serious roles, he just hasn't achieved the level of success Reese has. He appears to be a great father though. I read that they had a deal that one of them would always be home with the kids while the other was working - well guess who always seemed to be home. I guess I am not surprised by the news of them splitting up, there are just some couples you just want to root for, & they were one of mine.

The only movie of Ryan's that I remember seeing is Cruel Intentions. I wasn't impressed with his acting at all. To be fair, I thought it was a pretty poor teen flick so it's not like he had great material to work with either.

I remember catching part of The View that aired after the Oscars. They were talking about the Oscars of course and they pointed out how Reese read off a list of thank yous before she thanked her husband. Maybe it was nothing but that just popped in my head when I read about their divorce.

hollyjokers said:
He starred in Cruel Intentions with Reese. His voice is very distinctive, I don't know how to describe it though. Kind of Brooding Preppy Boy. He also played the rookie cop in Crash. I was happy when that won best picture because I actually thought that might even things up a little bit between them. He goes for the more serious roles, he just hasn't achieved the level of success Reese has. He appears to be a great father though. I read that they had a deal that one of them would always be home with the kids while the other was working - well guess who always seemed to be home. I guess I am not surprised by the news of them splitting up, there are just some couples you just want to root for, & they were one of mine.

yes, he was in Cruel Intentions...(good movie, IMO)...that's where they met, from everything i've read, & then he showed up at her 21st birthday party...(or maybe it was the other way around?)...anyway, there's been tons of pictures with him alone w/the kids, while Reese was working elsewhere....i think they pretty much evened all that out, which i always admired about them....i agree with you...he does appear to be a great father...i always rooted for them also....

I think that girl he "supposedly" had an affair with looks alot like reese, especially when she played in that movie "Man on the moon".

close_enough said:
yes, he was in Cruel Intentions...(good movie, IMO)...that's where they met, from everything i've read, & then he showed up at her 21st birthday party...(or maybe it was the other way around?)...anyway, there's been tons of pictures with him alone w/the kids, while Reese was working elsewhere....i think they pretty much evened all that out, which i always admired about them....i agree with you...he does appear to be a great father...i always rooted for them also....
I have too Close_enough. This is so sad. I hope things stay good between them so that the kids don't suffer too much. Poor babies...they are so young for this sad event.:(

He was in I Know What You Did Last Summer, too. He's really not a bad actor. I think he's a cutie. I just wish the relationship had worked out.

No prenup!!!! :eek:

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/01/no-prenup-in-witherspoon-phillippe-split/

Reese and Ryan -- no prenupTMZ has learned that Reese Witherspoon's fortune is fair game as her marriage to Ryan Phillippe comes to an end-- specifically, there is no prenup.

The financial consequences are enormous. Witherspoon now commands $20 million a movie. In 2005, Witherspoon raked in a total of $30 million for two movies, "Just Like Heaven" and "Walk the Line."

Phillippe has been commanding around $2.5 million a film, making him bankable, but clearly not in his estranged wife's league.

Under California law, without a prenup, earnings during a marriage are divided up 50/50.

Connected sources also tell TMZ on a scale of one to ten, one being a peaceful breakup and ten being Hasselhoff, the Witherspoon/Phillippe split is a three. And, we're told, it will almost certainly stay peaceful, partly because of the children and partly because of the couple's personalities.

Reese and RyanWe're told there is no talk of reconciliation and that divorce papers are merely a matter of time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back