Recovered/Located Reginald Wilson, 22, left the scene of a car accident, Little Village, Chicago Oct 22 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

StillDiggin

Reaction score
The parents of Reginald Wilson, who was last seen in October, delivered pleas for help during a press conference at artist Damon Lamar Reed's South Side studio.

Wilson disappeared on Oct. 22 after hitting a parked car near 25th and Western in the Heart of Italy on Chicago's West Side.

Adrianna Lumpkin, the mother of his child, was with him at the time.

"He jumped out, and he started running," Lumpkin said at Sunday's press conference. "It was a lot of people coming out the doors, you know, to see what happened."
1702892658393.png

I submitted this UID as a possible match today. The proximity is so close to where Reginald went missing, as is the time frame. The height, weight, and age are off, but I've learned not to rule anything out based on that, especially in Cook County. I thought it was worth submitting.

I submitted this UID as a possible match today. The proximity is so close to where Reginald went missing, as is the time frame. The height, weight, and age are off, but I've learned not to rule anything out based on that, especially in Cook County. I thought it was worth submitting.

Good you spotted that. I personally doubt it is him based on other than an error in height/weight. The report states that the body found had a recognizable face. With Reginald's family actively looking for him, LE would have had a family member in for possible ID at the time. Also, Reginald had his ID on his person, the body found had no ID (granted water could remove it from a pocket). There's a very large homeless population in Chicago in the 10's of thousands, so that might be more likely to be the decedent found in the water.

Good you spotted that. I personally doubt it is him based on other than an error in height/weight. The report states that the body found had a recognizable face. With Reginald's family actively looking for him, LE would have had a family member in for possible ID at the time. Also, Reginald had his ID on his person, the body found had no ID (granted water could remove it from a pocket). There's a very large homeless population in Chicago in the 10's of thousands, so that might be more likely to be the decedent found in the water.
I completely agree. It's not likely, but I have seen things like this happen in Cook County often enough that I turned it in just to be sure. :)

Here is Reginald's NamUs listing. I hope he will be located safe.

"Reginald is missing from the Englewood Community in Chicago, Illinois. Reginald was last seen wearing a brown baseball cap, a black hooded jacket (both are displayed in the profile photo). He was last seen in the vicinity of the 2500 blk of South Western Avenue in Chicago. If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Reginald, please contacted the Area One Detective Division SVU office at 312-747-8380 or dial 911."

For them to say his ID was on him is kind of useless, unless saw him run off with it, he still could have lost it along the way.

Does that typically signify that he has been found (NAMUS profile removed)? I'm not that familiar with how the database operates.
usually, or it is being updated concurrently with you trying to look at it perhaps?

Unfortunately, I believe UP112278 that I suggested is Reginald. His family has posted a Go Fund Me for his funeral expenses and the age of the UID on the Medical Examiners website has been changed to 23, which is his age. And this is why I will always submit anything close in Cook County. They are just too overwhelmed and things get overlooked all the time. This one seems worse to me because his family was looking for him right away, which isn't always the case. Very sad situation that they were pleading for his return/help and he was in the morgue almost the whole time.

Unfortunately, I believe UP112278 that I suggested is Reginald. His family has posted a Go Fund Me for his funeral expenses and the age of the UID on the Medical Examiners website has been changed to 23, which is his age. And this is why I will always submit anything close in Cook County. They are just too overwhelmed and things get overlooked all the time. This one seems worse to me because his family was looking for him right away, which isn't always the case. Very sad situation that they were pleading for his return/help and he was in the morgue almost the whole time.
Oh my god that's absolutely horrible. Do they know cause of death? That is INFURIATING. Can the family sue the city??

I wonder if the car accident was on purpose or was Reggie's last straw so he jumped into that canal. That is heartbreaking. It says "recognizable face" - I cannot believe his family didn't get closure IMMEDIATELY as they should've. i feel so sad for them today

I wonder if the car accident was on purpose or was Reggie's last straw so he jumped into that canal. That is heartbreaking. It says "recognizable face" - I cannot believe his family didn't get closure IMMEDIATELY as they should've. i feel so sad for them today
I question if that was even accurate. If he was in water for 10 days deceased I don't think he would have been recognizable. But if he was recognizable then he likely didn't die right away so where would he have been for those 10 days? I think it's more likely that they just made an error with that detail. I try not to be critical of MEs or law enforcement but when things like this happen and it seems so obvious it's hard not to be. I have submitted several matches in Cook County that all seemed fairly obvious to me with a little searching. I know they are inundated and overwhelmed but it's no less upsetting, especially when a family is searching so hard.

So sad, but what a great job you did!!!

I question if that was even accurate. If he was in water for 10 days deceased I don't think he would have been recognizable. But if he was recognizable then he likely didn't die right away so where would he have been for those 10 days? I think it's more likely that they just made an error with that detail. I try not to be critical of MEs or law enforcement but when things like this happen and it seems so obvious it's hard not to be. I have submitted several matches in Cook County that all seemed fairly obvious to me with a little searching. I know they are inundated and overwhelmed but it's no less upsetting, especially when a family is searching so hard.
Given the very cold water temperatures in this area this time of year, it's quite possible he could be recognizable. The typical decomposition changes proceed much more slowly in the water now, primarily due to cooler temperatures and the anaerobic environment. I am just thankful the family has some closure in the loss of their loved one.

Unfortunately, I believe UP112278 that I suggested is Reginald. His family has posted a Go Fund Me for his funeral expenses

How very sad.

Since you submitted the potential match on Dec. 26, I was hoping it couldn't have been verified that quickly and therefore not him, but it looks maybe it was him.

It seems like they need to create a position over there and hire someone to do the job you did, because it's not acceptable for this to happen. Thanks for caring.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back