Regroup/Refocus for 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started a thread for images only. Stickied at the top of the forum.

I've made this request a few times before, and just noticed there aren't too many tags posted with the threads here for Annas forum, so I am making the plea again.

By using and adding tags, not only will it be easier for people searching here at WS reading Anna's forum, it will also allow more of the pertinent facts in Anna's case to be found via the various internet search engines.

Things such as her pet names, what she might remember about her life before her abduction are just a few idea's. Also, as you are reading older threads, perhaps add a tag to that thread to help find things. You can also still add tags to locked threads. The tag section does not get locked when a thread is locked.

If you read here and feel like you have nothing to add, so don't post often, it would be a great help to add tags while you are reading!

If you have any questions on using this feature please post them or send me a pm.

thanks!

Hi all,

I don't know where to post this, so I will post here. I did recieve a letter today acknowledging receipt of my request for information on George Waters. They are searching the Central Records System and will inform me as soon as possible of any results.

FOIPA Request No. 1143140-000

Things are a little quiet on the forum, so I can't resist telling you that Robin H has come up with (and is acting upon) a unique idea for directing people to www.searchingforanna.com. She will be posting this herself when the time is right, but already there is tremendous interest in this project both here and in Europe. You will love it.

Things are a little quiet on the forum, so I can't resist telling you that Robin H has come up with (and is acting upon) a unique idea for directing people to www.searchingforanna.com. She will be posting this herself when the time is right, but already there is tremendous interest in this project both here and in Europe. You will love it.

Sounds interesting Annasmom. When is Robin H likely to post it?

It has been very quiet on here. There was so much going on for a while, maybe everyone is just a little burnt out.

~

Sittin' on pins n' needles!

Sounds interesting Annasmom. When is Robin H likely to post it?

It has been very quiet on here. There was so much going on for a while, maybe everyone is just a little burnt out.

I understand.

I'm not burnt out on Annas case. That will never ever ever happen. The Chicago Cubs would have to double the number of world series wins the Yankees have before I ever started to tire of finding Anna. And we all know how likely that is to happen, lol.

I'm just running in too many directions and with the little one having more days off school this month. (4 day week last week, 3 day week this week) I just get too many distractions!

I will continue to search for Anna until my last breath if necessary. Hopefully that will be many many years from now, as I am only 1.5 years older than Anna. Anna is like a sister to me, and Annasmom is like a second mom to me. Even though I might not ever be blessed to meet you Annasmom. You are an inspiration to me every day... even if you didn't know it.

big hugs and lots of love!

Alright Annasmom, you talked me right into it.....Here I am again, RobinH, however I am going by ProudGramma today because of 4 little events that have happened in my family.:dance:

Here's a new topic for all of us to contemplate. Geocaching. If you are a cacher, I would love to know, if you are not familiar with it, please check it out at www.geocaching.com. I use million dollar satelites to find tupperware in the woods. Once I find it, I sign my name to a piece of paper inside the container, but I can also leave things for others to find....This concept got me thinking about what could I do to help find Anna.

Please let me know if you are a geocacher or not. I will also continue to post more as this grows. I can also tell you that I have made a friend through this hobby of mine, and he has agreed to put Anna's name in 25 various caches in Europe, specifically near Greece.

Thanks and welcome back! I am excited to learn more about this geocaching.

Please notice my new avitar....This is what I am leaving in caches. This is an image that Annasmom shared with me and we have turned it into a metal, coin sized collector's tag, better known as a pathtag. As soon as I get these tags delivered, they will be placed in various caches around the world along with a baseball card sized information sheet that has pictures and information specific to Anna, including the searchingforanna website.

I love it! Can I use it for my avatar too? If you write a little snippet about the geocaching, we can allow WS members to add it to their signature line if they so choose. I would love to be able to at least utilize the avatar and info on the geocaching in my siggy line to help in any way.

thanks!

I love it! Can I use it for my avatar too? If you write a little snippet about the geocaching, we can allow WS members to add it to their signature line if they so choose. I would love to be able to at least utilize the avatar and info on the geocaching in my siggy line to help in any way.

thanks!

The drawing is actually a drawing Anna did of herself (before she learned the right order for the letters in her name) and I think it looks a little like her. Notice the squiggly little heart and the swing on the tree. Don't you think it is exciting that this pretty little thing is going all over the world?

It's amazing Annasmom. It's amazing to think of todays technology and how quickly we can get info around the world. I sometimes notice we have info here at WS before it hits HLN... even a local case I am working on WS had an update 30 minutes prior to it breaking Chicago online media.

I know if Anna is online somewhere, we just need to find the right thing to catch her attention. I'm excited about these new avenues available to us....

and I like the 'treasure hunt' theme regarding the geocaching.

thanks!

I would love to share this with everyone, but I am not sure how to do that. If I put it in an album that the public can view, will that work? I have no problem with others using this image as long as Annasmom is ok with it. Please tell me how to share it and I will make sure it is done.

You don't need to find a way to share it, just the ok. It is easy to right click copy and save your avatar and then upload ourselves to use as an avatar here.

thank you!

I'm not burnt out on Annas case. That will never ever ever happen. The Chicago Cubs would have to double the number of world series wins the Yankees have before I ever started to tire of finding Anna. And we all know how likely that is to happen, lol.

I'm just running in too many directions and with the little one having more days off school this month. (4 day week last week, 3 day week this week) I just get too many distractions!

I will continue to search for Anna until my last breath if necessary. Hopefully that will be many many years from now, as I am only 1.5 years older than Anna. Anna is like a sister to me, and Annasmom is like a second mom to me. Even though I might not ever be blessed to meet you Annasmom. You are an inspiration to me every day... even if you didn't know it.

big hugs and lots of love!

Hugs and love back to you. I'm glad I have all of you in my life.

Ooooh! What a wonderful idea - I love it! The image is precious (and intriguing).

I'm really going to get into geocaching when my boys get a little bit older. I would love to eventually share some of these pathtags!

Ooooh! What a wonderful idea - I love it! The image is precious (and intriguing).

I'm really going to get into geocaching when my boys get a little bit older. I would love to eventually share some of these pathtags!

Eventually, our plan is to share them, but we ordered 100 of them, and they are gone before we even receive them due to the interest in the trading of them just via mail. These tags are still in production. We then ordered 150 more, and the plan is to find geocachers here on Websleuths so that we might be able to send a couple of tags to each cacher to place in caches in their area. I can't promise anything yet, because #1 the tags are not yet delivered, and #2 we do not have any idea how many we are going to need for cachers here on websleuths. I want to make sure that I always have enough to be able to send a few with my fellow geocachers as they travel, to hopefully get them moving around the world.

Just another bit of information....These tags are unique to Anna, and they are trackable. When a cacher or collector gets one, quite often they log it on a website so that I will be able to go to Anna's map and see where these tags are.

Currently, as far as I can tell by searching the pathtag site, Anna's tag is the first missing children's tag out there!!! That, to me is very exciting!!!

Robin,

This is indeed, a very smart idea getting Anna's story out there and...involving so many people worldwide. I am looking forward to learning more as well, and intriqued by this concept! Wonderful! :dance:

~

Quote: These tags are unique to Anna, and they are trackable. When a cacher or collector gets one, quite often they log it on a website so that I will be able to go to Anna's map and see where these tags are.

Currently, as far as I can tell by searching the pathtag site, Anna's tag is the first missing children's tag out there!!! That, to me is very exciting!!![/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13