Religion & Confession and the Ramseys

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
actually the most fascinating thing to me about that exchange in the OP is that PR played the whole that's between that person and god kinda stuff. about a year ago I started at this link and then read all over the net about interrogations, and what PR did is one of the things they look for when determining likelihood of guilt in an interrogation. it was NO accident the interrogator asked her this sort of question. I am 90% sure that link there states this but I've an antsy 3 year old and I cant reread it in full at this time.

normal parents of murdered children, when asked if the perp who did this deserves a second chance, or could be forgiven, etc will answer in MANY ways but the only time they answer "every one deserves a second chance" sorts of statements are when they are the perps themselves.

frankly one more nail in the RDI for me.

Thanks for the link.Well yes,of course LE can crack perps and trick them with questions when the perp has no idea where the cop got the info.But in the Ramsey case the defence knew everything LE got and they were prepared,maybe that's why the interviews turned into a circus and ,LE's hands were tied even before they even started with the questions.It's amazing how everything in this case was upside down,form a-z,a shame.

I mean,it's not like she went to heaven because she wanted it or because it was the right time.Hello!It's not like she was suffering from a terminal disease which caused her great pain.Her life was ended in a brutal manner and there are still things to fix before you can say that it's fine,she's in heaven now,a better place,it's all good!

I've heard so many parents of murdered children talk about what their child's last moments were like, needing to know the details and hating the last face their child saw before death. It keeps them up at night.

Patsy claims to be totally ignorant of even the most basic facts surrounding her daughters death. There isn't any genuine desire to get to the bottom of it and that behavior started on day one.

RAMSEY, P: She'll never have to know the loss of a child . She will never have to know cancer or death of a child.

This is one of the weirdest things she ever said IMO.
Yes she'll be spared the horrors of life but she was denigned the Joys and the chance to have a life.
And not only did the statement focus on the horrors of life, but it focused on Patsy's horrors of life. I always felt this comment was so telling of Patsy's "mememememememe" attitude. It seems that even her mourning is not about JB's losses, but only about Patsy. Honestly, it sounds like she's this close to saying the killer did JB a favor by "sparing" her a longer life.

re: the 5 stages of death that Madeleine brought up.

I think that's human and has nothing to do with whether or not someone is "religious". I think everybody has to go through that - except the sociopath. And I completely agree. The Rs whipped through those suckers in record time. They went from grief to CYA mode in, what, 3 hours?

re: the 5 stages of death that Madeleine brought up.

I think that's human and has nothing to do with whether or not someone is "religious". I think everybody has to go through that - except the sociopath. And I completely agree. The Rs whipped through those suckers in record time. They went from grief to CYA mode in, what, 3 hours?

Their explanation (JR's) was that they didn't show it on tv but did it in private (grieving).Okay,nothing to disagree with.

BUT this is not about the grieving ,whether they did it in public or in private,it's about the answers they gave re JB's death and the way they reacted to it.It's not like in public I don't give a sh@# and in private I cry my eyes out.It's not like in public I forgive the killer and in private I could kill him outta anger.It's either your mad that a killer is out there or you're not.Nobody asked them to cry in public or show how much they suffer.I agree that you wanna do those things in private unless you're an attention seeker.But it's not about that.IMO

I've heard so many parents of murdered children talk about what their child's last moments were like, needing to know the details and hating the last face their child saw before death. It keeps them up at night.

Patsy claims to be totally ignorant of even the most basic facts surrounding her daughters death. There isn't any genuine desire to get to the bottom of it and that behavior started on day one.

yeah I guess most of them desperately NEED to know whether she suffered a lot or not.(last moments).that's why no matter how painful it is they wanna know exactly how it happened!all of it.IIRC PR didn't know about JB being sexually assaulted until Larry King told her............how weird is THAT,to find out live on national TV how your child died.
That poor kid deserved so much more.And I am not talking about her life,maybe they were loving parents and she was happy.I am talking about her death and what happened afterwards.

respectfully snipped from Madeleine >

"I forgive the killer and in private I could kill him outta anger.It's either your mad that a killer is out there or you're not."

Exactly. I'm not asking the Ramsey's to go through all 5 stages in public. But I would expect a little anger to show. The ONLY anger I've seen is at the BPD. Why is that I wonder.....hmmmm.

When my grandmother died of a heartattack, I was MAD. It's one of the stages. I had no one to be mad at except God. And boy, was I. I still believe that's ok. He understands. He has big shoulders and he could take it. But my point is, no HUMAN came and took away my grandmother. It was her time, and He took her. But I was STILL MAD. I can only imagine how livid I would be if some human took away my child. It's natural.

I find your point important, Linda7NJ.

I believe the Ramseys used their religious beliefs to help them deal with the guilt they felt for what happened and the snowball of lies and deceit their lives became after the murder. I think they submersed themselves as deeply in denial as they could without being in a coma.

Sure. Blame it on "God's will" or whatever.

RAMSEY, P: She'll never have to know the loss of a child . She will never have to know cancer or death of a child.

This is one of the weirdest things she ever said IMO.
Yes she'll be spared the horrors of life but she was denigned the Joys and the chance to have a life.

She'll never know the joy of holding a child she birthed, or a wedding, college, her first car, etc.

Victim's family statements usually focus on what the victim lost, not the negative experiences they were spared. However, many many parental murderers use language like this, to justify within themselves what they've done. jmo

I wonder if secretly PR felt JBR ignited her cancer when she was carrying her. If someone could point me to a thread where this has been discussed, I'd appreciate it. tia

ETA; One thing I did notice from the link was PR distancing herself from JBR. I found it unsettling, and am not surprised about the focus going toward her.

I would be out of my mind if the last time I saw my daughter she was in full rigor. I would never be able to get that pic out of my head or heart.
I would so want justice for my child.

Once when my daughter was about three months old, I found her hanging between the springs and the bars of her crib. I screamed and fell to the floor and got her out of there, breaking the bars. We then raced her to the er praying and shaking her all the way, as she was unconscience, but breathing. So, I can't really blame JR for getting JBR out of the ropes, but I don't know that I would have taken her from the basement since she was obviously dead, and I wouldn't want my spouse to see her that way. That's just me though.

I wonder if secretly PR felt JBR ignited her cancer when she was carrying her. If someone could point me to a thread where this has been discussed, I'd appreciate it. tia

I had that thought too. Maybe she blamed JB for ALL of her problems: Her health, her cold marriage, everything!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkipTracer-tg
Back