Remains found confirmed as Jacob Wetterling/Suspect led LE to Remains #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely different belief systems here, that's all. That is not at all how I see it and it is just the opposite. A "good boy" will do whatever he thinks is necessary to save his life when threatened with lethal force. And I am in no position to judge the efficacy of his decisions. There is no 'right', "good boy" reaction. Fighting a homicidal attacker, or running from them is hardly "being a bad boy". Being non-compliant, even violent, is an excellent virtue in the right (or maybe wrong) context.

When people start theorizing he tried to escape and or fought back and this is the reason he was murdered while other children were let go, that is victim blaming. Jacob is dead because DH wanted to kill him. Jacob is dead because DH followed an all too typical pattern of escalating violence. Regardless of what Jacob did or didn't do, DH was ready to kill.

When people start theorizing he tried to escape and or fought back and this is the reason he was murdered while other children were let go, that is victim blaming. Jacob is dead because DH wanted to kill him. Jacob is dead because DH followed an all too typical pattern of escalating violence. Regardless of what Jacob did or didn't do, DH was ready to kill.

Completely agree.

I think it's also possible that he was driving with Jacob's remains in the car hoping to spot a good place to bury him on his way home. And he was about to hit the edge of town and he stopped at the farm. It seems to be the last farm right before you enter town.

I was trying to figure out how long that specific family farm has been around but was unable to find the info. (I am not a great sleuther.) I only saw that the house has been there since 1880.

This posts show the coordinates for the site of the remains as well as the abduction and DH's parents' homes at the time.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ect-led-LE-to-Remains&p=12784488#post12784488

Maps are not us. Has anyone made a map that shows all of those coordinated in one map?

No, it isn't, and I respectfully disagree. That is other people projecting their own issues. I don't think anyone here has said that, "...this is the reason he was murdered while other children were let go". That goes far beyond what was stated. It is something you added. Indeed, I for one, have plainly stated that DH is solely responsible for what happened to Jacob and even explained why I see it that way, regardless of what actions Jacob did or did not take.

No, it isn't, and I respectfully disagree. That is other people projecting their own issues. I don't think anyone here has said that, "...this is the reason he was murdered while other children were let go". That goes far beyond what was stated. It is something you added. Indeed, I for one, have plainly stated that DH is solely responsible for what happened to Jacob and even explained why I see it that way, regardless of what actions Jacob did or did not take.

Exactly.

Why is that? How could he know where the burial site is otherwise?
Unfortunately, I don't know WHY they aren't feeling hopeful about his prosecution. I wish I still lived in the area, but I've only been texting occasionally with my friend who is best friends with Patty, so the info I've gotten is very sporadic. My friend is busy with much more important things than keeping me updated. Namely, she is by the Wetterling's sides as they grieve. If I learn more, I'd be happy to pass it along. I know everyone here holds the Wetterling family in high regard, and I share their concern that this monster will not pay for his crimes so that we can continue to hold them in our hearts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As far as going unnoticed... This area is sparsely populated, sometimes miles between houses. You can park out on a road for hours and not see a single car. As teens we went out to the country (aka farmland) to do all of our shenanigans and we weren't even trying to be quiet or fly under the radar. It's not hard. If someone did notice they certainly wouldn't think someone was burying a body, just kids being kids. No one would pay attention.

This was a major state highway at the time, and still has cars going by every few minutes during the day. (I've been on if a couple of times). On the other hand no one particularly notices cars parked along the shoulders even though it wasn't hunting season yet.

Another photo of the burial area (left, in tree line) which might give some idea of the layout. It was taken in the last year.

site_Of_Remains_Confirmed_Redacted_011.jpg

Completely different belief systems here, that's all. That is not at all how I see it and it is just the opposite. A "good boy" will do whatever he thinks is necessary to save his life when threatened with lethal force. And I am in no position to judge the efficacy of his decisions. There is no 'right', "good boy" reaction. Fighting a homicidal attacker, or running from them is hardly "being a bad boy". Being non-compliant, even violent, is an excellent virtue in the right (or maybe wrong) context.

Agree. No one knows exactly how they will react in a stressful, potentially life or death situation.

The reaction of the victim is just that a reaction...there is no right or wrong on the part of the victim.

Good point, I might be making a bad assumption. In one of the news reports it was said that the owner was surprised (or words to that effect) that the remains had been there "all this time". I just assumed they were the owners at the time of the abduction. Could have changed hands though. But you found that there was a house there since 1880? I was wondering if there was even a residence there at all. I saw lots of buildings but couldn't tell if any were houses.

Look on Google Street view down the driveway and there's obviously a house there. Minnesota farms, even major operations like this tend to have a family that lives on the site so they're available to watch the place and if there's an emergency in the middle of the night, and so they don't have to own another piece of property just to live on. The house is near the center of the cluster of buildings doesn't show up too well in the aerial photos because it has a brown roof in the middle of trees (unlike the barns which have white roofs). The trees and the barns (3 of the 4 of which existed in 1991) kind of buffer the burial site from the house, making it maybe not as daring as you might think, but my impression is there's a lot better locations around if he had time to think about it or didn't have a particular reason to use this particular site.

Look on Google Street view down the driveway and there's obviously a house there. Minnesota farms, even major operations like this tend to have a family that lives on the site so they're available to watch the place and if there's an emergency in the middle of the night, and so they don't have to own another piece of property just to live on. The house is near the center of the cluster of buildings doesn't show up too well in the aerial photos because it has a brown roof in the middle of trees (unlike the barns which have white roofs). The trees and the barns (3 of the 4 of which existed in 1991) kind of buffer the burial site from the house, making it maybe not as daring as you might think, but my impression is there's a lot better locations around if he had time to think about it or didn't have a particular reason to use this particular site.

Yea, I have pictures of all that. Problem here is that exposure of the landowner could undermine their livelihood, so I'm not keen on going down that rabbit hole. I'm positive they had nothing to do with this. But to your point, it does seem odd as a planned site. I can think of scenarios in which he might have been pressured to bury Jacob close to the murder scene (doesn't want to be stopped with human remains in his car, for example), and maybe that forced this option. But other than that, this doesn't look planned at all to me.

I'm glad they've found him and at least his family can now give him a decent burial. I hope that's some comfort to them, but its sad news all the same.

Heindrich should never see the light of day again, I dread to think how many children he's hurt over the years.

Maps are not us. Has anyone made a map that shows all of those coordinated in one map?

I haven't made a map...I am not good at that sort of thing. I just put in all the coordinates using the "directions" feature on Google maps.

:notgood:

Unfortunately, I don't know WHY they aren't feeling hopeful about his prosecution. I wish I still lived in the area, but I've only been texting occasionally with my friend who is best friends with Patty, so the info I've gotten is very sporadic. My friend is busy with much more important things than keeping me updated. Namely, she is by the Wetterling's sides as they grieve. If I learn more, I'd be happy to pass it along. I know everyone here holds the Wetterling family in high regard, and I share their concern that this monster will not pay for his crimes so that we can continue to hold them in our hearts.

I read somewhere at one time that Patty had said they were not interested in prosecuting, They just wanted Jacob back. This was way before the Heinrich announcement.

From TV and movies, I think some of us look at these crimes and think of a criminal mastermind.

Rather, this is a severly damaged entity that only with luck got away with this for so long.

Just like those other pathetic life forms like the ones that took Jaycee.,

I read somewhere at one time that Patty had said they were not interested in prosecuting, They just wanted Jacob back. This was way before the Heinrich announcement.

From TV and movies, I think some of us look at these crimes and think of a criminal mastermind.

Rather, this is a severly damaged entity that only with luck got away with this for so long.

Just like those other pathetic life forms like the ones that took Jaycee.,
I agree with you,and further believe what you heard could very well be true. Patty's only focus, from everything I know about her, has been about getting her son back and trying to prevent this from ever happening to another family.

I think they need to check out DH for this case. Eleven year old boy, also on a bike, rural area
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/henderson_charles.html

This is excellent.

Also, and I realize this is a stretch but there are a couple of major camps for the National Guard in Missouri. One in St. Louis and another one in Nevada, Missouri. It would be worth checking to see if DH has relatives in the area or had ever gone there with the National Guard.

Moscow Mills, Missouri is about a nine hour drive from Paynesville, MN

I figured out whose farm. it appears to have been in the family since the 1930s....such a bucolic and peaceful setting to raise young children like Jacob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xxxooowow