Remember 9/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have set TiVo to record the docudrama on Discovery tomorrow "THe Flight that Fought Back".
At first I was offended unitl I saw the heros/victims families did not oppose.
I am almost afraid to watch it. So sad and so heroic at the same time.

NK57 said:
Thanks for the link to the slide show Tex. I hadn't watched it for a long time. My husband is FDNY and is one of the lucky ones who made it out that day. We will never forget those who died. I dread tomorrow.

Nancy

Please thank your husband for me. Any man who shows such bravery deserves the thanks of all Americans for risking his life to save the lives of innocent people. I know tomorrow will be hard--remembering how many brave friends made the ultimate sacrifice.

tybee204 said:
List of Victims on United Airlines Flight 93

Christian Adams
Lorraine G. Bay
Todd Beamer
Alan Beaven
Mark K. Bingham
Deora Frances Bodley
Sandra W. Bradshaw
Marion Britton
Thomas E. Burnett Jr.
William Cashman
Georgine Rose Corrigan
Patricia Cushing
Jason Dahl
Joseph Deluca
Patrick Driscoll
Edward Porter Felt
Jane C. Folger
Colleen Fraser
Andrew Garcia
Jeremy Glick
Lauren Grandcolas
Wanda A. Green
Donald F. Greene
Linda Gronlund
Richard Guadagno
Leroy Homer, Jr.
Toshiya Kuge
CeeCee Lyles
Hilda Marcin
Waleska Martinez
Nicole Miller
Louis J. Nacke, II
Donald Arthur Peterson
Jean Hoadley Peterson
Mark Rothenberg
Christine Snyder
John Talignani
Honor Elizabeth Wainio
Deborah Ann Jacobs Welsh
Kristin Gould White
I talk with Nicole's cousin daily on another thread. Rest in peace beautiful one. All of the families and victims are in my prayers today. God Bless America

God bless America again. Thank you for posting that video, it is beautiful and gets right to the heart of the matter.

Birth: 1963Death: Sep. 11, 2001
Somerset County
Pennsylvania, USA

Flight attendant Lyles, 33, resided in Fort Myers, Florida. Prior to being a flight attendant she spent six years with the Fort Pierce, Florida Police Department rising in rank from patrol officer to detective. She achieved her lifelong dream of being a flight attendant on October 11, 2000. She was married in May of 2000 to police officer Lorne Lyles. Prior to her marriage she spent several years as a single mother. During that time she worked two or three jobs and was proud of the fact that she never had to take welfare. She often helped with police programs for children during her free time. She and her husband were the parents of sons Jerome Smith, Javon Castrillo, Justin Lyles and Jordan Lyles. During the hijacking of Flight 93, Mrs. Lyles used her cell phone to phone her husband twice. She told him of the hijacking and also how much she loved him and their boys. According to her husband , she remained calm as she prayed to see her husband’s face again and then “beseeched God to forgive and welcome her home - along with everyone else on the plane.” (Bio by: Melanie) Burial:
United Airlines Flight 93 Crash Site
Shanksville
Somerset County
Pennsylvania, USA

You will forever be an american hero. Remembered forever - treasured in our hearts. Thank you for your sacrifice.

Rest in peace my friend.

This day will live forever as the day the earth grew still.
As the sounds arose around us like a deep and vile drill.
What kind of faith partakes the earth, with hell and terror, and flame?
Where is their sence of wisdom?
What is their sence of shame?
What moves one into anger, that would hurt with so much pain?
Who would fight a war of evil, that would always be in vain?
Did God not teach us kindness?
Does he want Peace here on Earth?
Did he cry that day, as it slipped away? His hopes of mankind worth.
What happiness is found there, standing at his open door?
When evil came a haunting, as they flew above our shore.
So many people left us...there was honor shown and more.

And out upon the water, Miss Liberty seemed to sway, and in just
one instant, she slowly looked away.
Right then her torch went dim and dark, as she watched this evil play.
She looked at the words before her, "the tempest tossed" and prayed.
Then her head bent down, to the diluted sounds, of the of this horriable,
dastardly day.

The dust would settle , but the wounds are deep...our hearts are broken...
and our souls truely weep.
Do we fight to the end? Do we just say a prayer? Did hate have to travel on
wings through the air?
This we know for certain. Miss Liberty stand tall! Our FLAG was hung that day on the hallowed grounds endearing wall.

Love, Sunday ( and in tomorrows thoughts...I think of everyones kindness
so near and so very far)

You're so great Tybee for putting this here. I didn't see it last year, but am feeling as Ntegrity did - the ongoing list of names took my breath away. 3000 lives.

Shadow, thanks for telling us about your friend. That was a perfect testiment to her.

Scandi

It is a sad day for America and the whole free world. RIP all the brave souls who died to protect our freedom.

I will never forget that terrible day.
Prays to troops all over the world.
God Be With You All.

As I scrolled down through posts and posts of names I felt like I got punched in the stomach~I honestly do not think I will ever grasp the enormity of this one event. Thoughts and prayers to all of the surviving family members and friends of those who lost their lfe. Also thoughts and prayers to all of our troops worldwide (including my DH who should be home from Iraq in a week to week and a half!)

thank you so much for listing all of those names.

our only association with one of the victems was on flight 11, david retik.
his father is an MD at Harvard's boston childrens, where my husband was studying laparoscopy just two months before his son david was killed.
may david rest in peace.
thanks again for all of the names,
ellen

...former coworker who died on the 100th floor of the North Tower when the plane hit...

3317.jpg

RIP all victims of 911...

May God continue to bless all of the 911 families and loved ones...

I want to remind everyone, PLEASE fly a flag today. Across theh country every business and home should have a flag flying to show true honor to those whom have passed, and survived this tragedy. Also in support for the men who are protecting us currently.

All the names are staggerinig, but the one that gets me the worst is the family of 4 on the plane that hit the towers. They had two girls under the age of 5, I suppose at least they weren't alone. My thoughts are with everyone who is american today. No matter who you are, this day always has some sort of memory. Rip to those who have passed. Thank you to all the servicemen, firefighters, and NYPD. I hope those who have made it and those families whos members did not, know that we are all thinking about them on this hard day!

My husband's cousin lost 4 people he knew this day 5 years ago. One was his cousin who was a firefighter, and another was his best friend who worked for Cantor Fitzgerald. He was on the phone with him when the first plane hit. My sister and BIL were down there helping with clean up. My BIL was there when the second tower fell and had to run for his life. There were several hours we didn't know where my brother was. He worked across the street from WTC. Luckily, he was on a job elsewhere (he works for Verizon). In the aftermath he was down there everyday trying to get phone lines back up. God Bless the victims and their families.

I didn't lose anyone but I have a friend whose college roommate was killed at the WTC. I think she worked for Cantor Fitzgerald. God bless and rest all of those who lost their lives 5 years ago today. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214