Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember one of my favourite books as a child was Coronation by Paul Gallico.

About a family who sacrifice their two week holiday at the seaside to go and see the Coronation.
I won't spoil the story for those who haven't read it, but things don't go to plan.
It's a lovely story.

See the Romantic Moment Between a Young Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip that Sparked Rumors of Their Love​

I love hearing that incredibly English “Received Pronunciation” accent which was often heard on broadcasts. Nobody actually speaks like that these days, not even the royals!

I see how a date of June 2, 2023 is being considered as a date for King Charles III coronation.

It is the 50th anniversary of his mother, the dear late Queen Elizabeth II's coronation.

So I'm looking to plan a visit to London for the coronation !!! :D

Looking at hotels in the area where the procession would be from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace so I don't have to walk so far. (clutching my chest at the cost)

Can get flights on airline points.

Making a list and checking it twice. !!

It was last evening, when only senior Royals buried the Queen in the crypt.

Hours after the coffin had been lowered.

You never know unless you were present but I have enough British relatives to recognize the ‘turn your back on them’ when I see it.

Its considered to be polite form of protest.

Hope Harry noticed, he could do worse than cancel his book and try to rejoin his kinfolk. IMO
No, it wasn't. Your link clearly states they were waiting to go to the chapel, not the vault.

I see how a date of June 2, 2023 is being considered as a date for King Charles III coronation.

It is the 50th anniversary of his mother, the dear late Queen Elizabeth II's coronation.

Looking at hotels in the area where the procession would be from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace so I don't have to walk so far. (clutching my chest at the cost)

If you are able to book refundable accommodation for that date, you’d be wise to do it before any date is announced as prices will surely skyrocket!

Edited to add, the week of Fri 2nd June is half term for most schools (a weeks break) so as a date it’s even more attractive - no school missed - but accommodation may already be at an inflated price.

Last edited:

Actually, it’s the 70th anniversary! I’m old enough to have watched it on TV when I was 7. Almost 77 now. :)

Stunning photos from the cortege of King George VI's funeral. So much like the Queen's!

FB_IMG_1663836588764.jpg

As 30 corgis and their owners sat quietly in Melbourne's Botanic Gardens to mark Queen Elizabeth II's death on Thursday, one errant bark broke their minute's silence.

Bianca Julicher, who attended with her corgi Barbie, said she was impressed with the canines' impeccable behaviour.

"I think that [moment's silence] was important and special to do with them all," she said. "I am so proud that they all managed to hold in their barks for that moment. That was unreal."

Barbie was dressed in a pink crown for the special occasion and Julicher said it was just one of several outfit changes she had brought with her for the dog.

"She has a little purple royal cape, a different crown," she said. "[Barbie] definitely gets treated like royalty in our house. She is so spoilt."

As 30 corgis and their owners sat quietly in Melbourne's Botanic Gardens to mark Queen Elizabeth II's death on Thursday, one errant bark broke their minute's silence.

Bianca Julicher, who attended with her corgi Barbie, said she was impressed with the canines' impeccable behaviour.

"I think that [moment's silence] was important and special to do with them all," she said. "I am so proud that they all managed to hold in their barks for that moment. That was unreal."

Barbie was dressed in a pink crown for the special occasion and Julicher said it was just one of several outfit changes she had brought with her for the dog.

"She has a little purple royal cape, a different crown," she said. "[Barbie] definitely gets treated like royalty in our house. She is so spoilt."
d13e41ed32019719b3dceb98c7ff8c076d6aefdc.jpeg

@AlastairBruce_

Stall Plate of #QueenElizabethII removed from chapel for Swedish Order of the Seraphim, in accordance with death of any Member of the Order https://youtu.be/5jgqR9a-xkQ

It’s moved from the Seraphim room in the Royal Palace to the Riddarholmen Church where it’s hung up beside all other coat of arms of deceased knights and ladies.

Attachments

• BEDB2091-3C06-4E5E-9C1C-6A1A803A7CB0.jpeg
    BEDB2091-3C06-4E5E-9C1C-6A1A803A7CB0.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 19
  • F1E9C72E-66B5-4D92-BFA0-7870E14C3AD6.jpeg
    F1E9C72E-66B5-4D92-BFA0-7870E14C3AD6.jpeg
    54.8 KB · Views: 18

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors