Remembering Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
King Charles III’s wife has been officially identified as Queen Camilla for the first time, with Buckingham Palace using the title on invitations for the monarch’s May 6 coronation.

Camilla, who until now has been described as queen consort, is given equal billing on the ornate medieval style invitations that will be sent to more than 2,000 guests and were unveiled on Tuesday.

President Joe Biden meanwhile told the king in a phone call on Tuesday that first lady Jill Biden will attend the coronation in May, the White House said in a statement...

1680737266832.png
Westminster Abbey has announced that - for the first time - visitors will be able to walk on the medieval flooring where King Charles will be crowned, as long as they take off their shoes

''There will be an extra bank holiday across the UK on Monday 8 May.
Buckingham Palace has announced various events for the weekend, including a concert and laser light show at Windsor Castle on Sunday 7 May.
Pubs, clubs and bars across England and Wales will be able to stay open for an extra two hours on Friday and Saturday of the coronation weekend.
People are also being invited to hold street parties, and to take part in volunteering projects in their local community, as part of the Big Help Out initiative.''

The Queens' birthday is April 21 (but formally celebrated in June). If you are queen multiple birthday celebrations is a good thing. My birthday is also April 21 but without the two celebrations. As a child, it made me feel special. Although I never met her, I always felt a connection. It is good to be Queen!

LONDON (AP) — King Charles III plans to take a shortcut and smoother ride to Westminster Abbey for his coronation, trimming the procession route his mother took in 1953 as he aims for a more modest event that will include some modern touches, Buckingham Palace said Sunday.

The lower-key ceremony May 6 will still be steeped in ancient traditions and adorned with royal regalia from the Crown Jewels, but will also feature its own bespoke emoji, reflecting the first British crowning of the social media era. Queen Elizabeth II’s was the first coronation televised 70 years ago.

In one break with tradition, Charles and Camilla, the queen consort, will roll out of Buckingham Palace in the horse-drawn gilded black Diamond Jubilee State Coach built for Elizabeth’s 60th anniversary. It has heat, air conditioning, power windows and a suspension system that will provide a comfier ride than his mother’s accommodations for her enthronement...

Buckingham Palace is pleased to announce further details on the ceremonial, celebratory and community events that will take place over the Coronation Weekend between Saturday 6th and Monday 8th May 2023.

The Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort will take place at Westminster Abbey on Saturday 6th May, 2023. The Service will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury. As previously announced, the Service will reflect the Monarch’s role today and look towards the future, while being rooted in longstanding traditions and pageantry...

Buckingham Palace is pleased to announce further details on the ceremonial, celebratory and community events that will take place over the Coronation Weekend between Saturday 6th and Monday 8th May 2023.

The Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort will take place at Westminster Abbey on Saturday 6th May, 2023. The Service will be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury. As previously announced, the Service will reflect the Monarch’s role today and look towards the future, while being rooted in longstanding traditions and pageantry...

They still do not say WHAT TIME this starts on Saturday.... :(

The ceremony at Westminster Abbey will start at 11am after the royals arrive in procession from Buckingham Palace.

The ceremony at Westminster Abbey will start at 11am after the royals arrive in procession from Buckingham Palace.

Thanks! I take it that is UK time? So 1pm for me....

I've read that the religious coronation ceremony begins at 11:00AM, so it's probably safe to say that the procession will begin prior to 11:00. Maybe an hour earlier? Hopefully, additional information will be forthcoming. I'll set an alarm as I have for many royal events - weddings, funerals, and now, a coronation. I love the history and pageantry: It's worth getting up at dawn!

Seventy years ago, they were all in Westminster to play their role in the crowning of Elizabeth II. So, as we prepare for the next Coronation, the Mail was delighted to organise a reunion of those who were in the royal entourage at the last one — on June 2, 1953. What’s more, having assembled the ‘Class of ’53’ to relive that great day, we were especially delighted and honoured to be joined by the only surviving participant in the Coronation before that — the crowning of George VI.

I've read that the religious coronation ceremony begins at 11:00AM, so it's probably safe to say that the procession will begin prior to 11:00. Maybe an hour earlier? Hopefully, additional information will be forthcoming. I'll set an alarm as I have for many royal events - weddings, funerals, and now, a coronation. I love the history and pageantry: It's worth getting up at dawn!
This article has a timetable. I hope it’s correct. I am already starting to pull out my grandmother’s old teapots and teacups. Planning tea and scones for any of my friends willing to join me at 6 am. So far, no takers.. lol. But I bought a hat at Dollar Tree and plan to wear it later that day for a Kentucky Derby party. And the souvenir crown pin Grandma gave me from Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation.

This article has a timetable. I hope it’s correct. I am already starting to pull out my grandmother’s old teapots and teacups. Planning tea and scones for any of my friends willing to join me at 6 am. So far, no takers.. lol. But I bought a hat at Dollar Tree and plan to wear it later that day for a Kentucky Derby party. And the souvenir crown pin Grandma gave me from Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation.

from article:

The royal procession will begin shortly before 11am. King Charles and Queen Camilla will leave Buckingham Palace in the Diamond Jubilee State Coach and travel 1.3 miles to Westminster Abbey via the Mall and Whitehall.

@steeltowngirl - I am going to assume you are in Pennsylvania - so if you are getting up at 6am - you will miss the procession - so I believe you need to get up at least by 5am.... I am lucky - I am 2 hours AHEAD of UK time - so Noon for me! :D

The only English speaking news channel I get is BBC - so I am good to go! :) I used to have CNN when I first moved here - but now they have taken them off the air. I miss CNN....

That sounds like so much fun!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back