REMINDER! Daylight Saving Time Starts This Sunday

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:tears:

Please don't steal my hour.

I have 17 more essay midterms to mark before tomorrow...

Years ago when my boys were young and things were hectic we went to church when they were just getting out. My boys at the time said "oh darn" wink. We went to brunch where we saw our church friends and had a good laugh.

Ahhhhhhhh.....technology. My computer automatically changed time. The clocks on the cable boxes automatically changed. My atomic clock changed. My new cell phone is still on standard time and I haven't figured out how to change it yet! Maybe I'll wait until I go to work tomorrow and make one of my co-workers feel like a genius when I ask her to change it for me. :floorlaugh:

I managed to get my marking done. Crawled into bed around 7 (new time)... Woke up by the tot at 8.30 (new time).

I'm currently replacing my blood with coffee.

I managed to get my marking done. Crawled into bed around 7 (new time)... Woke up by the tot at 8.30 (new time).

I'm currently replacing my blood with coffee.

An hour and a half of sleep??? That's what I call a CAT NAP! :cat: :D

I am anti-DST and strongly resent being robbed of an hour that I'll have to wait seven months to retrieve. And it takes me a full week to become acclimated to the time change. The clock says 6:30 a.m., but my body says nooooo...it's only 5:30 a.m.

But that's not my only objection. The days are long and hot down south during the summer. I look forward to nightfall when the house finally cools down a bit. Maintaining a comfortable temperature during that extra hour in the evening to cook and perform other routine activities requires more energy consumption. The whole thing is counter intuitive, if you ask me. :twocents:

Everything worked just fine the way Mother Nature set it up. So why'd we have to go and mess with it? It's not nice to fool Mother Nature. :snooty:

This. From beginning to end.
I wish they'd just move the clock a half an hour and leave it like that for good.

Ahhhhhhhh.....technology. My computer automatically changed time. The clocks on the cable boxes automatically changed. My atomic clock changed. My new cell phone is still on standard time and I haven't figured out how to change it yet! Maybe I'll wait until I go to work tomorrow and make one of my co-workers feel like a genius when I ask her to change it for me. :floorlaugh:

I couldn't figure out how to change my cell phone either--but turning it off and back on fixed it!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back