Reminder! Daylight Savings Time this weekend!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I HATE this time change :banghead: Not a big fan of getting up an hour early to come to work.. Bad enough I go to work, but to actually get up and hour early for it? AAAAUUUUGH!!!! Fall is my favorite time of year, then winter, spring and summer..

I love Daylight Saving Time when we get that extra hour, not so crazy when we change back and it's dark at dinner time :)

Whew! :crazy: I'm not around often enough to know everyone's personality. That one threw me for a loop. :rolleyes: Even if you're not very bright, you have a stunning sense of humor. :blowkiss:

I'm a man. I'm not real bright.

I never said I thought men weren't bright. I said a lot of them are rats!:crazy: :D Are you a rat, or one of the good guys in white hats? :confused: :D ;)

I love DST! I wish it would stay the same year round.
My fav part is taking late evening walks and still having light!

I'm a man. I'm not real bright.

I would agree with you but you're a mod now. So I will have to say men are somewhat bright. :eek: :eek:

Oh good grief! Extra sunlight is good for everything. :) Good for the plants:clap: , people's moods :crazy: and it means the kids get to play outside longer. Now me and the young uns can ride bikes after dinner.
Y'all must wanna live in a cave. lol:crazy:

A most brilliant friend told me that daylight saving time is like a man lying under a short blanket.

he pulls it up to cover his neck and it leaves his feet exposed...

so he cuts off a foot of the blanket at his neck and lays it over his feet.

That explains daylight savings time :crazy:

I must be a little wet behind the ears, because I'm lost too. :waitasec:

I'm being asked to get involved in the "PP", whatever that is. Any hints?

For the myth of an extra hour of daylight:

We don't actually get an extra hour of sunlight because the sun comes up later in the morning too. The version of it's history I've heard was that farmers wanted extra time in the evenings to work the fields during daylight and that the street lights come on later, thereby saving electricity. :crazy: But they stay on later in the morning too, so that's a wash. :rolleyes:

I say cut it in half (30 minutes) and leave it the hell alone!! I think it is ridiculous to change time twice a year. I HATE HATE HATE getting up an hour earlier!!

Come on to Arizona SS, we don't change our clocks here EVER. Well the most northern part of the state on the Navajo reservation does. But the majority of the state keeps on going with the time we have. If not, during our summer months it would not get dark until about 9:30 or 10 at night.
I know when it's spring here when I find a scorpion in my kitchen sink. EEK.

So soon?! Seems like it was just yesterday that I "fell backwards"! :waitasec:

Since we only have four months now on Standard Time, it makes more sense to me to just leave it on the Daylight Saving Time all year. I don't care which way it is, I don't like it changing. I think it is especially hard on children who have to get up earlier to go to school.

I love daylight savings time. I love the extra hours of light in the evening. I get to be outside after dinner and love to work in my garden then. It's too hot and humid here in July and August to be in the garden at midday, but the evening is delightful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahgoodnight
Back