Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinion:

Could Tom Cruise Sue "South Park" For Suggesting He is Gay? And Even If He Could, Should He?

A recent episode of the television animated comedy "South Park" mocked Tom Cruise -- suggesting that he is homosexual, and lying to hide that fact. Could Cruise bring a defamation suit against the show?

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/hilden/20051206.html

I think he wouldn't try to sue -- not if his new PR person has anything to do with it. suing would just cause far more ruckas, for the *advertiser censored**.

actually, this is an interesting article regarding what i would term 'defamation of character' should someone object to being called on as homosexual -- whether they are or aren't, satirically, or not.

Floh,

that was a few weeks back and he hasn't said a thing about it. I think he's just going to ignore it altogether. The only smart pr thing he's done lately.

Just my opinion though.

Jubie

Floh said:
Opinion:

Could Tom Cruise Sue "South Park" For Suggesting He is Gay? And Even If He Could, Should He?

A recent episode of the television animated comedy "South Park" mocked Tom Cruise -- suggesting that he is homosexual, and lying to hide that fact. Could Cruise bring a defamation suit against the show?

http://writ.news.findlaw.com/hilden/20051206.html

I think he wouldn't try to sue -- not if his new PR person has anything to do with it. suing would just cause far more ruckas, for the *advertiser censored**.

actually, this is an interesting article regarding what i would term 'defamation of character' should someone object to being called on as homosexual -- whether they are or aren't, satirically, or not.

I wish I could have seen that show. It sounded hysterical. :woohoo:

Have they ever publicised the day that this blessed event is suppose to occur (the birth)??

I was hoping you knew something I didn't and you were talking about the blessed day they announce on natioal TV: "Just Kidding" as Katie reaches under her blouse and yanks out a pillow!

One can dream!

Jubie

Now, more than ever, I would believe that Cruise is gay. His over-the-top, public behavior with Katie is so overdone that it just doesn't ring true. My only question is: Why wouldn't any of his gay lovers come forward? I can well imagine that they would be paid big bucks for the story. Maybe, it would be a "he said, he said" type of thing because I don't know how you could prove it unless you had hidden video cameras taping the rendezvous...

nanandjim said:
Now, more than ever, I would believe that Cruise is gay. His over-the-top, public behavior with Katie is so overdone that it just doesn't ring true. My only question is: Why wouldn't any of his gay lovers come forward? I can well imagine that they would be paid big bucks for the story. Maybe, it would be a "he said, he said" type of thing because I don't know how you could prove it unless you had hidden video cameras taping the rendezvous...
At least one guy came forward, and was promptly sued to beat hell, and was harrassed, according to what I have read, by goons from the Scientology movement.

Why is it that I'm suddenly thinking this kid is going to turn out to be the anti-Christ???

Pook said:
Why is it that I'm suddenly thinking this kid is going to turn out to be the anti-Christ???
Bwaahaaahaaa!

LOL... that would make a good movie, but who would play the parents?

Casshew said:
LOL... that would make a good movie, but who would play the parents?
Lolita and Svengali. I know they are fictional but so is this hook up.

I heard that Tom's first wife divorced him because he was sterile, and she wanted children. Who knows! Who cares! I am about sick of him and his opinions. I never did see what the attraction was with that guy. He always looks like he needs a shower and needs to wash his hair.

:banghead:

Well, I hope for Katie's sake (even though I think she is gullible) that since the wedding has now been postponed (supposedly so she can have her figure back to wear her wedding gown) that he is nor just using her as an "incubator". I never have really liked the guy or thought he was cute but I did want to see "War of the Worlds" cuz I like Dakota Fanning but not now.

What is wrong with Dakota Fanning? I think she is precious!:angel:

deandaniellws said:
What is wrong with Dakota Fanning? I think she is precious!:angel:

Nothing is wrong with her. I like her. It's him I don't like that's why I won't watch that particular movie.

kato said:
Nothing is wrong with her. I like her. It's him I don't like that's why I won't watch that particular movie.
OPPS...Sorry I misunderstood your post. :o

Ok....I'm starting to think this is a REAL love affair....

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19736,1141664,00.html

SNIP
Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes greeted the season in style Thursday in New York, as they celebrated her birthday with dinner, a private trip to the FAO Schwarz toy store – where Tom entertained with handstands – and a late-night ice-skating adventure in the rain, PEOPLE reports exclusively.

While Holmes spent the day shopping at such Madison Avenue boutiques as Barneys, Donna Karen, Ralph Lauren, Miu Miu and Chloe, her husband-to-be didn't come out of the hotel until dinner time, whereupon he scored high marks with the bartender at the Post House steakhouse – despite the fact that, as a Scientologist, Tom doesn't imbibe.

"He seems like a regular guy," the bartender tells PEOPLE. "He was very nice."

After the midtown feast with a group of about a dozen people, Holmes's pre-birthday celebration (she turns 27 on Sunday) continued at Fifth Avenue institution FAO Schwarz, which was closed to the public by the time the Cruise contingent arrived around 9:30 p.m. The toy store was ready for them, too: festooned with balloons tied to small white tiger dolls and 7'-tall stuffed giraffes.

But the real show was put on by Tom and his pregnant fiancée, with both of them performing on top of the store's giant piano – jumping, bouncing, trying to tickle out a tune on the ivories. At one point, Tom did a handstand.

Katie must have approved: She clapped and laughed before the couple embraced and shared a long, 30-second kiss.

The emporium also had a surprise in store of the birthday girl: cupcakes with candles, which she blew out with Tom's help. The party then moved downstairs, near the videogame area, and by 11:30 p.m., the pair were ready to move on, thanks to a caravan of four SUVs.

But the night wasn't over. Despite some nasty rain with some sleet thrown in, Tom and Katie took to Central Park's Wollman Rink (the same one that King Kong and Naomi Watts use onscreen in the new movie epic) and skated, in between hugging and kissing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot