Rescue at sea for sick baby

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I forgot to update about the lawsuit. Months ago it was thrown out of court.

The terms of the phone contract said any litigation had to be done in Florida. The Kaufmans were trying to circumvent that by filing in California, which has better laws to protect consumers. Charlotte filed the lawsuit in California, even though she wasn't listed on the contract.

The ca courts rejected the lawsuit as filed.

I don't know if it has ever been updated if Eric refiled it in Florida.

Aww, I like the family. There isn't anything wrong with your opposing opinions, but I think they're great--I love how much the oldest girl looks like her dad and is so mellow and how the little one seems like such a little fire cracker. The mother seems a little crazy, but also wildly talented and her house is always tidy, creative and cheerful. Their weird fixation on living small is quirky, but has never struck me as harmful (boat incident excluded of course). The girls seem to be thriving, happy and healthy. They all seem loved. *shrug* I like 'em.

I like the kids. Dislike the parents as a unit. Especially the dad. Mom might be o.k. without him around. I agree the kids look happy and healthy. The girls are really pretty.

I also think the fixation with living small is odd. I think he is lazy (really lazy) and childish and probably doesn't like to work. I guess they need to save when they can in case he decides he has had enough of working for a living. His tweets reflect this.

but then again....

Have you read the blog? She gets alot of donated things but all that foam can't be cheap. She repurposed the free frame into a patio sofa but if you look at her supply list, its a lot of stuff. I wish she had put how much it cost to make in the end. (For her its probably cheaper than say me since I would have to go buy the things she already has). I'm still thinking that sofa had to come out over a hundred dollars. It's cool, and her sewing is exceptional but if you really look at the sofa, it is awkward and looks to be probably uncomfortable for adults. They like it. I think it looks like a free broken sofa that someone threw some nice handmade cushions on. My point is that I think in the end it wasn't very cheap to make. A can of spray paint is about $9.00 IIRC.

They are living small but I don't think they are necessarily spending small. I don't know. They rub me the wrong way; I always have a small but steady hinkymeter that goes off about them. I'm not buying what they are selling.

Aww, I like the family. There isn't anything wrong with your opposing opinions, but I think they're great--I love how much the oldest girl looks like her dad and is so mellow and how the little one seems like such a little fire cracker. The mother seems a little crazy, but also wildly talented and her house is always tidy, creative and cheerful. Their weird fixation on living small is quirky, but has never struck me as harmful (boat incident excluded of course). The girls seem to be thriving, happy and healthy. They all seem loved. *shrug* I like 'em.

Living small is like self defense in So Cal, might as well embrace it if you plan to afford living here. Of course, you're likely familiar with that concept if you're in SF, lol.

That said, I don't have qualms about "alternative lifestyles ", but these parents took unnecessary risks with their babies and refuse to take ownership of it. I do take issue with that.

Living small is like self defense in So Cal, might as well embrace it if you plan to afford living here. Of course, you're likely familiar with that concept if you're in SF, lol.

That said, I don't have qualms about "alternative lifestyles ", but these parents took unnecessary risks with their babies and refuse to take ownership of it. I do take issue with that.

My sister is in norcal, so I get that reference.

Is Socal the same? Worse?

ETA: she should open an upholstery business. She would do well.

It depends on the specific areas. I'm actually very close to the boat family, same neighborhood I think. It's pricey, but less than San Francisco would be for an apartment.

I've lived in both. Much prefer NoCal to SoCal, but the cost of living is much higher in NoCal than SoCal.

I don't care how their house looks, there is no justification for having two children sleep in a narrow closet. Especially when one of them had to be airlifted off a boat because of illness.

JMO

I like the kids. Dislike the parents as a unit. Especially the dad. Mom might be o.k. without him around. I agree the kids look happy and healthy. The girls are really pretty.

I also think the fixation with living small is odd. I think he is lazy (really lazy) and childish and probably doesn't like to work. I guess they need to save when they can in case he decides he has had enough of working for a living. His tweets reflect this.

but then again....

Have you read the blog? She gets alot of donated things but all that foam can't be cheap. She repurposed the free frame into a patio sofa but if you look at her supply list, its a lot of stuff. I wish she had put how much it cost to make in the end. (For her its probably cheaper than say me since I would have to go buy the things she already has). I'm still thinking that sofa had to come out over a hundred dollars. It's cool, and her sewing is exceptional but if you really look at the sofa, it is awkward and looks to be probably uncomfortable for adults. They like it. I think it looks like a free broken sofa that someone threw some nice handmade cushions on. My point is that I think in the end it wasn't very cheap to make. A can of spray paint is about $9.00 IIRC.

They are living small but I don't think they are necessarily spending small. I don't know. They rub me the wrong way; I always have a small but steady hinkymeter that goes off about them. I'm not buying what they are selling.

I think she lists all her supplies because her blog is getting paid to promote the products she uses such as the sewing machine.

Happy Easter, whether on land or sea, from Lotus Land.
water lily.jpg

I forgot to update about the lawsuit. Months ago it was thrown out of court.

The terms of the phone contract said any litigation had to be done in Florida. The Kaufmans were trying to circumvent that by filing in California, which has better laws to protect consumers. Charlotte filed the lawsuit in California, even though she wasn't listed on the contract.

The ca courts rejected the lawsuit as filed.

I don't know if it has ever been updated if Eric refiled it in Florida.

Well that's good news. Still can't believe these two expected to make a "boatload of money" (pun intended :D) off of their own stupidity and recklessness.

I hope all this "cheap" living allows them to save enough to buy a decent seaworthy vessel the next time and I hope it takes them long enough for the girls to be grown and able to make their own decision about whether they want to be stuck on it for months on end.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee
Back