Results from Genealogy DNA testing are in!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi cubby,

did anyone ever post on the powell message board at ancestry.com about bk? that would solve the problem of multiple notifications to powell trees.

Not that I am aware of. That's an excellent idea krazykidz! I don't have an ancestry membership. Would you mind posting it there since you have some Powells in your family tree? Thanks!

hi cubby,

did anyone ever post on the powell message board at ancestry.com about bk? that would solve the problem of multiple notifications to powell trees.

I would think it is, but not sure. I know it is listed on the dna board. I can check ancestry and see if it's on the non dna board.

i think i just found a general post. let me go back and see if i can find it cause my computer shut down and had to be rebooted. i can't remember how i got there lol

Hi,
According to ancestry.com, Clarence has one son named Lawrence Keith Powell. There is not much info on him online. He served in the military during WWI, was in the Navy. Searching for Lawrence, I found he had one son, James Powell. I have not been able to find anything about James. Maybe there is a link there.

I did email another poster on ancestry.com that had Clarence in his family tree. Maybe he can help with info or DNA testing. You never know.

ok, guys...i couldn't find the posting about bk from last year, so i went ahead and posted a general alert on the powell message board on ancestry. i will let you know if anyone responds

I have hurt my hand and it is painful to type, but I had the following info I collected saved to my computer. Don't know if this will help, but I searched the internet for complete 12 marker matches for Benjamin, and here's what I found.

12 marker exact matches for Benjamin Kyle

1. Wallace H. Mauck kit#24284 out of the Rudolph Mauck line out of Pg. Co.
VA.
He is the only Mauck in this line to match BK 12 for 12
-----------
2.Nathaniel Christian Line Isle of Man
We have the results of our YDNA with a match to Isle of Man Christian's.

kit#84012 C-19 Thomas Christian in VA 1687 R1b1b2 13 24 14 11 11 15 12 12 12
13 13 29
---------------
3a.. 4 Wilbanks men from the Wilbanks 2 grouping out of the UK.
Kit#84692Wilbanks 84692; #88833; #84732; #N30619
Most distant known ancestor is William Woolbanks/Wilbanks of Bute Co., North
Carolina in 1772 before migrating to Union District, South Carolina where
he raised his family with wife Abarilla Gos(t)wick

justthinkin, does the "12 for 12" in the Mauck line mean that after 1772, Rudolph Mauck or Wallace Mauck should appear in BK's family tree? (I guess I'm wondering if we have to start at these 'roots' and try to move upward?)

Does that make any sense?

justthinkin, does the "12 for 12" in the Mauck line mean that after 1772, Rudolph Mauck or Wallace Mauck should appear in BK's family tree? (I guess I'm wondering if we have to start at these 'roots' and try to move upward?)

Does that make any sense?

I wish I knew. You're asking the wrong person. I just found the info. I can't explain what meaning it may have. These are in addition to the Powell line he's related to.

I just know when a lot of families settled the US, there were groups of families and allied families that moved together, often related by marriage and or religious beliefs. Carolwood probably knows or dreamwever how many years these 12 marker matches cover. With a 12 marker match we could be looking at a relationship 1500 years ago or more, but that doesn't mean it has to be that far back, just that it could go that far back. These family groups may have connections to each other somewhere or somehow.

Wallace Mauck appears to be an anomaly in the Randolph Mauck line if he's the only one who matches Benjamin's 12 markers. For all we know, Wallace Mauck may have been an adopted child. He could even be a Powell instead of a Mauck.

I wish I knew. You're asking the wrong person. I just found the info. I can't explain what meaning it may have. These are in addition to the Powell line he's related to.

Thanks. Maybe one of the DNA smarties will be able to help.

I hope your hand feels better soon!

I have hurt my hand and it is painful to type, but I had the following info I collected saved to my computer. Don't know if this will help, but I searched the internet for complete 12 marker matches for Benjamin, and here's what I found.

12 marker exact matches for Benjamin Kyle

1. Wallace H. Mauck kit#24284 out of the Rudolph Mauck line out of Pg. Co.
VA.
He is the only Mauck in this line to match BK 12 for 12
-----------
2.Nathaniel Christian Line Isle of Man
We have the results of our YDNA with a match to Isle of Man Christian's.

kit#84012 C-19 Thomas Christian in VA 1687 R1b1b2 13 24 14 11 11 15 12 12 12
13 13 29
---------------
3a.. 4 Wilbanks men from the Wilbanks 2 grouping out of the UK.
Kit#84692Wilbanks 84692; #88833; #84732; #N30619
Most distant known ancestor is William Woolbanks/Wilbanks of Bute Co., North
Carolina in 1772 before migrating to Union District, South Carolina where
he raised his family with wife Abarilla Gos(t)wick

I believe this is why Benjamin had the 67 marker test, to get as close as possible to his generation. JMO, maybe Believe can weigh in on this. I am not real kean on the dna testing.
Talking about hurt hand, I have 2 hurt wrists and thumbs. I've been working on my house and almost finish, so bare with me folks.

I believe this is why Benjamin had the 67 marker test, to get as close as possible to his generation. JMO, maybe Believe can weigh in on this. I am not real kean on the dna testing.
Talking about hurt hand, I have 2 hurt wrists and thumbs. I've been working on my house and almost finish, so bare with me folks.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genealogical_DNA_test[/ame]

"The earlier Y-DNA testing results are normally stated as probabilities: For example, a perfect 12/12 marker test match gives a 50% likelihood of the most recent common ancestor (MRCA) being within 7 generations back, while a 67 of 67 marker match gives a 95% likelihood of the MRCA being within 6 generations back."

We are talking common ancestors here 7 generations back which is about 150 years, correct? So 12/12 simply means that there is a 50% chance they shared a common ancestor 150 years ago and 67/67 makes it a 95% chance.

This is why Mr. Kyle thinks all of this is a lightning stike, lol, and I applaud all of you who continue to plug away at it. It makes my head spin. :crazy:

Have you looked at Daniel Barter missing from Alabama? He had three brothers. The Barters are related to the Powells. So am I , but mine are in Kentucky. The age enhanced pic looks like Mr. Benjaman to me. They eyes and nose are almost identicle.

Have you looked at Daniel Barter missing from Alabama? He had three brothers. The Barters are related to the Powells. So am I , but mine are in Kentucky. The age enhanced pic looks like Mr. Benjaman to me. They eyes and nose are almost identicle.

Yes, Daniel was proposed. Danny has brown eyes, however and Mr. Kyle's are unquestionably blue/green.

FWIW, when I was little my eyes were very deep brown. By the time I was 18, my eyes were green and brown, but more green than brown.

I said the same thing at one time; pretty sure I linked to the sibling pictures. Big resemblance IIRC.

Just checked and noticed BK's DNA is not entered in the ysearch.org project.
With Familytreedna you can upload the results to this project and it compares to all kinds of dna even those not using just familytreedna.
I don't think it's my place to enter it, so wondering of any of you that are more closely related to the situation would check into this.
http://www.ysearch.org/add_start.asp has info regarding this page.

Just checked and noticed BK's DNA is not entered in the ysearch.org project.
With Familytreedna you can upload the results to this project and it compares to all kinds of dna even those not using just familytreedna.
I don't think it's my place to enter it, so wondering of any of you that are more closely related to the situation would check into this.
http://www.ysearch.org/add_start.asp has info regarding this page.

His information is listed here.

Yes, it is listed at ysearch.

Is it a secret or what is the user id? I don't see it using the FTdna id. Were there other names besides Powell where there was a match?
For example my brothers' does not match with anyone with any variation of our family name, but we do have matches with 2 other names. So if i look at ysearch I would like to see what names come up now or in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper