Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/13/15 Break

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a little bit of help here. I don't want to be one of those lazy lurkers that just pops in and asks everybody else to get them up to speed without doing any reading. However, I was on the road yesterday and Fox News radio had a report that Judge Stephens was going to make "a major ruling that would greatly affect" the Jodi Arias trial. I heard that report a couple of times while I was driving down the road.

After I got back home last night, I hurriedly sped through a bunch of pages from yesterday, but couldn't find any comments in regards to the "major ruling" that was expected yesterday by JSS. It was my understanding that her ruling was in regards to taking the death penalty off the table in an effort to spank Juan and per Nurmi's orders, which everyone has been discussing for days now. I found nothing in regards to that (that I saw). Maybe I just missed it, or maybe it didn't happen after all.

Am I getting the release of the transcripts confused with the expected ruling from JSS ? I was expecting BIG news when I got home last night, but didn't really come across anything noteworthy.

Can somebody fill me in real quick on those two matters ?

Yes, that's the ruling that they were talking about and she hasn't ruled yet. She initially said she'd rule yesterday but decided to hold off until Wednesday after John Smith finished his testimony.

I need a little bit of help here. I don't want to be one of those lazy lurkers that just pops in and asks everybody else to get them up to speed without doing any reading. However, I was on the road yesterday and Fox News radio had a report that Judge Stephens was going to make "a major ruling that would greatly affect" the Jodi Arias trial. I heard that report a couple of times while I was driving down the road.

After I got back home last night, I hurriedly sped through a bunch of pages from yesterday, but couldn't find any comments in regards to the "major ruling" that was expected yesterday by JSS.

It was my understanding that her ruling was in regards to taking the death penalty off the table in an effort to spank Juan and per Nurmi's orders, which everyone has been discussing for days now. I found nothing in regards to that (that I saw). Maybe I just missed it, or maybe it didn't happen after all.

Am I getting the release of the transcripts confused with the expected ruling from JSS ? I was expecting BIG news when I got home last night, but didn't really come across anything noteworthy.

Can somebody fill me in real quick on those two matters ?

BBM:

JSS has NOT made a ruling on this issue yet, but is expected to make a ruling AFTER the "Pseudo Witness John Smith" testifies on Wednesday.

Here is what I posted above for today and tomorrow.

:) I hope this helps !

Tuesday January 13:

- NO COURT
- Release of the Secret Transcript

Wednesday January 14:

- Re-Trial continues with "Pseudo Witness John Smith"
- Ruling by JSS on the DT's DP/Prosecutorial Misconduct Motion AFTER Pseudo Witness Smith testifies

JSS had also originally announced on Thursday (I believe it was) that she would rule on ALL open motions Monday at the latest. However, as far as we the public know, that was not the case.

There's a big problem, IMO, concerning the whole debacle of Flores "waking" the computer up. If the laptop had been unplugged while it was in sleep mode, that could have also affected the laptop and the defense would be #itching about that instead. The State is in a no win situation here and the defense knows it. The defense is simply trying to take advantage of whatever itty bitty scrap of anything they can think of to try and help their case.

MOO

Agree. Whatever happened that day is probably pretty normal and happens all the time and has little affect on the defense's case. They are just trying to save face after their first motion in this series fizzled out as well as trying to cast as much doubt on Flores as they can to make him seem like a dirty cop.

JSS had also originally announced on Thursday (I believe it was) that she would rule on ALL open motions Monday at the latest. However, as far as we the public know, that was not the case.

:seeya:

BBM: Yes, she was supposed to have all rulings ready yesterday !

:gaah: But NOT at all surprised that she did not !

The bonus in the ruling delay is Nurmi hasn't filed any other motions (yet). lol

Anyone else prepared for disappointment when these transcripts are released?
I can just imagine all the 'good' stuff totally redacted and it only showing filler words like 'the' or 'and' or 'or'.
(I'm in a snotty mood today I guess)

LOL. That made me laugh.

You know, naturally I am curious about the content of the transcripts, but the crucial issue to me was retaining the integrity of the First Amendment. The thought that the justice system/US Constitution could be subverted on the whim of a proven liar who has a history of manipulating others and engaging in malingering, was unsettling and downright frightening to me. All for a common murderer, no less--a jilted and jealous ex-girlfriend turned stalker, who committed cold-blooded, premeditated murder simply because couldn't handle being rejected and replaced. However, I am not going to lie (and I am not proud of this but) I take immense pleasure in knowing that JA lost this little battle of hers, and is likely fuming and absolutely beside herself over the fact that she didn't get her way.

Yeah, so today at noon AZ time I will be engaged in a mini-celebration knowing that at least one of JA's attempts at manipulation was an epic fail and that all the world will bear witness to it :cheers::Banane35:

You know, naturally I am curious about the content of the transcripts, but the crucial issue to me was retaining the integrity of the First Amendment. The thought that the justice system/US Constitution could be subverted on the whim of a proven liar who has a history of manipulating others and engaging in malingering, was unsettling and downright frightening to me. All for a common murderer, no less--a jilted and jealous ex-girlfriend turned stalker, who committed cold-blooded, premeditated murder simply because couldn't handle being rejected and replaced. However, I am not going to lie (and I am not proud of this but) I take immense pleasure in knowing that JA lost this little battle of hers, and is likely fuming and absolutely beside herself over the fact that she didn't get her way.

Yeah, so today at noon AZ time I will be engaged in a mini-celebration knowing that at least one of JA's attempts at manipulation was an epic fail and that all the world will bear witness to it :cheers::Banane35:

:goodpost: Right on!

I never quite got why she said it would affect her ability to think. She was spoon fed her questions by her attorney. What was there to "think" about? She does not have to fabricate her answers, just answer the questions truthfully. jmo
JA and the truth are strangers. I don't think she could answer anything honestly if someone paid her to.

The bonus in the ruling delay is Nurmi hasn't filed any other motions (yet). lol

No doubt by the time she rules tomorrow he'll have filed at least a couple more.

:cheers::Banane35:

:blush: and I am proud of this... that I believe that she will be :stormingmad: knowing that it's released and everyone is reading and critiquing her super secret testiphony.

It makes me :giggle:..... or better yet :floorlaugh:

:seeya: defense team :seeya: Head on over to ----->>>> http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?267846-Discussion-of-the-Transcriptions-of-the-Testimony-of-Jodi-Arias&highlight=jodi+arias and let your folks that use this site as a barometer realize GAME.OVER

Thanks to geevee, MeeBee, dog.gone.cute & TorisMom003 for the replies.

I guess it turns out that I didn't miss anything after all.

Nice to see JSS is getting into the "delay" game, I guess Nurmi is wearing off on her.

One of the tweeters said that JSS allowed the convicted murderer to read some papers. I wondered if it was the transcript.

With all the conspiracy theorists out there, I just know any monies made from the illegal sale of the transcripts will be placed in the appeals fund for CMJA. :facepalm: "It's a conspiracy I tells ya', a conspiracy"

Someone tell BK to just order the court video from those days. Should be $20 per day.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/05/03/get-caught-week-18-jodi-arias-trial

In the first trial Dr. Geffner disagreed with Dr. DeMarte's DPD diagnosis. JM then called Dr. Jill Hayes who eviscerated Geffner. But in his opening statement this time, Nurmi specifically pointed to JA being diagnosed with PTSD and BPD. Hmm...? Is there another DT psych in the wings who'll support the DPD finding, because I don't see how Geffner can credibly do a 180 and do so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pama_213