Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 1/20 Sizzle Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
U
AZlawyer, I have another question.

Now that so much as been let in during the defense case will Juan be able to bring up the statements he has in his possession from those he has interviewed or Flores interviewed? Can he do this through Dr. DeMarte like the defense is doing with Geff?

Questions about people who have given statements to LE/DA that Arias harmed pets? Or other disparaging things that we haven't learn about but Juan knows through witness statements?

tia

Yes, if those things are relevant to the expert's opinions. And thanks for the font change. :)

I think she is quick with her tongue and passive aggressive by her texts and testimony.....and the facial expressions, ugh. So, yes....she likes driving people to the edge. And relentlessly NEVER gives up. She is tenacious with absolutely no sense of shame or embarrassment. imo

The no-shame example that immediately comes to my mind is the incident where Skye Hughes ordered Jodi to leave her house and never return. Imagine how a normal person would react. IIRC, Jodi went around the house and entered the kitchen where another woman was preparing food for her children, plopped herself down, and coolly grilled her re why Skye didn't like her. I think Jodi had immediately given up on Skye, but wanted to learn from this other woman where her pretense had gone wrong, i.e. to learn from her mistake. I bet she's done that all her life - pretending to be someone she wasn't to fool someone, failing at it at some point, refining her skills, and moving on to the next target armed with new data.

( love some OBE ) :blushing:

WOW... its great to 'see' you my dear friend.

I didn't even know you were keeping up with this case.

You should post with us on this case. We really are a very nice group.:)

Disclaimer: I abhor violence of any kind and would never advocate it or excuse it.

That said, I believe she's quite capable of so enraging folks that they resort to violence against her. Bobby and JA did coke together. Coke + a maddening JA might well have led to choking her. Saying FU to her father in every way she could no doubt made him extremely angry.

She drove Travis to send a text filled with thoughts and language that by all accounts were otherwise foreign and distasteful to him. But the measure of his self control, and of his complete innocence on the charge of abusing JA, can be found in how he handled his rage towards her the day she confronted him about what she saw when she tiptoed into his yard, uninvited, and spied on him and whatever woman he was with.

According to JA, his response was to walk away from her , then to bang his head against a closet door.

Doesn't that say it all?

BBM

Not to mention that she was back in the town he lived, couch surfing at yet another 'friend's place', in other words stalking him after they broke up. I wholly agree with you Hope, I too abhor violence in all forms but I would imagine it would take great depths of strength not to get physical with a woman who refuses to take no for an answer and simply will not leave you alone. By all accounts Travis possessed this strength, even when faced with a gun and knife he didn't lay a mark on her, it says so much about him, and about her as well, the lengths she will go to to sully the most decent man she'd ever met.

Disclaimer: I abhor violence of any kind and would never advocate it or excuse it.

That said, I believe she's quite capable of so enraging folks that they resort to violence against her. Bobby and JA did coke together. Coke + a maddening JA might well have led to choking her. Saying FU to her father in every way she could no doubt made him extremely angry.

She drove Travis to send a text filled with thoughts and language that by all accounts were otherwise foreign and distasteful to him. But the measure of his self control, and of his complete innocence on the charge of abusing JA, can be found in how he handled his rage towards her the day she confronted him about what she saw when she tiptoed into his yard, uninvited, and spied on him and whatever woman he was with.

According to JA, his response was to walk away from her , then to bang his head against a closet door.

Doesn't that say it all?

What's even more telling for me is that even while she was brutally murdering him, he didn't resort to defending himself with violence.

U

Yes, if those things are relevant to the expert's opinions. And thanks for the font change. :)

And thank you for always taking the time to answer our many questions.

I would think harming pets would be relevant in a diagnosis.

I wish Dr. DeMarte would also give a clear explanation to the jury on what 'psychopathic deviance' means.

Doesn't that say it all?
Given that the killer was prone to punching and kicking walls, kicking the dog, kicking her own mother, squeezing a cat so hard it passed out, etc., etc., it's not a stretch that she would also abuse her intimate partners whenever they did something that made her angry. I think she was just as prone to wind up and slap or punch one of her boyfriends if they ticked her off, which wouldn't take much effort on their part. :moo:

Oh how I miss seeing Wilmcott get flustered and struggle as she makes feeble attempts to do 1/2 as good a job as Juan does. :)

Gonna have to watch some of the re-runs whenever they become available.

One of my favorites was JW snidely noting to Dr. DeMarte that ALV interviewed JA for 40 hours, unlike DeMarte's paltry 10 hrs. Then DeMarte cooly explaining to JW the impossibility of remaining unbiased after 40 hrs.

The no-shame example that immediately comes to my mind is the incident where Skye Hughes ordered Jodi to leave her house and never return. Imagine how a normal person would react. IIRC, Jodi went around the house and entered the kitchen where another woman was preparing food for her children, plopped herself down, and coolly grilled her re why Skye didn't like her. I think Jodi had immediately given up on Skye, but wanted to learn from this other woman where her pretense had gone wrong, i.e. to learn from her mistake. I bet she's done that all her life - pretending to be someone she wasn't to fool someone, failing at it at some point, refining her skills, and moving on to the next target armed with new data.

I agree, and from someone that is easily embarrassed [me], how about the doggie door entrances, who could do that. Or be there when Travis came home from a date??? And, obviously at some point Travis might have changed his garage code to stop her from entering his home.....but nothing stopped Jodi.

The kitchen incident after Sky said she let loose on JA for a long long while, temper not in check. Sky said JA waited til she finished, then asked...does this mean you're going to tell Travis not to date me? When Sky answered YES!!! JA began crying. But never responded to a single thing Sky had accused her of being and doing.

The kitchen incident after Sky said she let loose on JA for a long long while, temper not in check. Sky said JA waited til she finished, then asked...does this mean you're going to tell Travis not to date me? When Sky answered YES!!! JA began crying. But never responded to a single thing Sky had accused her of being and doing.

That reminds me of another Jodi quirk. In some of the emails, for instance the returning-TA's car one where JA claimed to be too sleepy to do it that night, TA lambasts Jodi but Jodi totally ignores what he writes and answers in a totally off the subject way. Jodi is so inured to criticism that it doesn't phase her imo. She tunes it out completely and changes the subject, leaving the fuming other person baffled and stymied.

What's even more telling for me is that even while she was brutally murdering him, he didn't resort to defending himself with violence.

Sadly, I don't think he was given the opportunity to do anything but desperately try to fend off the large knife she was stabbing him with.

I agree, and from someone that is easily embarrassed [me], how about the doggie door entrances, who could do that. Or be there when Travis came home from a date??? And, obviously at some point Travis might have changed his garage code to stop her from entering his home.....but nothing stopped Jodi.
Sleeping under the Christmas tree after you were told there was no room left in the inn. :facepalm:

That reminds me of another Jodi quirk. In some of the emails, for instance the returning-TA's car one where JA claimed to be too sleepy to do it that night, TA lambasts Jodi but Jodi totally ignores what he writes and answers in a totally off the subject way. Jodi is so inured to criticism that it doesn't phase her imo. She tunes it out completely and changes the subject, leaving the fuming other person baffled and stymied.

I've seen that pattern of hers too. IMO she does it because she's entirely indifferent to anyone else's needs or concerns AND as a passive aggressive tool of control.

Classic. Push and poke and incite, then when the other person gets pissed, gloat that she has goaded him into losing control.

Yes, I remember that.

I say this with glee.....there is ONE MAN that now has held her feet to the fire.....Juan Martinez, and I can't imagine what she must feel about him. :behindbar:behindbar

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I've seen that pattern of hers too. IMO she does it because she's entirely indifferent anyone else's needs or concerns AND as a passive aggressive tool of control.

Classic. Push and poke and incite, then when the other person gets pissed, gloat that she has goaded him into losing control.

... and in a live-in situation that passive/aggressive poking and inciting is considered emotional abuse.

Sleeping under the Christmas tree after you were told there was no room left in the inn. :facepalm:

That for me trumps every other shameless thing she ever did. Not only showing up when she'd been told explicitly she wasn't invited, but to lurk then sleep behind that tree.

I wish her punishment could be exquisitely personalized. As in, to have to sit in a tiny cell for the rest of her life with a TV out of reach that endlessly cycles through photos and videos of Travis with Lisa and Deanna and Mimi and every pretty girl he ever posed with.

AZlawyer, I have another question.

Now that so much as been let in during the defense case will Juan be able to bring up the statements he has in his possession from those he has interviewed or Flores interviewed? Can he do this through Dr. DeMarte like the defense is doing with Geff?

Questions about people who have given statements to LE/DA that Arias harmed pets? Or other disparaging things that we haven't learn about but Juan knows through witness statements?

tia

Wow, ocean!!!!! Thank you! Thank you! I can read your posts now. :loveyou:

I hope the harm to animals comes in by Juan. And the kicks to mom, and the bat (wasn't it?) to her brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver