Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/14/14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am probably one of the few who question the validity of them having sex that day. I realize nude pics were taken, but that is a far cry from an actual sex romp. Neither of them appeared happy in the pics either. I am thinking "staged" JMO

In the interrogation tapes Flores tells JA that there are pictures of them having sex. We haven't seen them but I believe it. Juan hasn't disputed it. We have just seen the R rated pictures. IMO of course….

I don't know that she meant to throw the camera in the washing machine. I suspect it accidentally ended up there from a pile of clothes. It would have made more sense to just take the camera along with the gun and whatever else.

Had she deleted ALL the pictures or just some of them? I don't recall, but I thought it was all. That makes it weird like you're pointing out.

ETA: I said clothes above, but I guess it was bedsheets and/or towels she put in the washer.

I don't know what her intent was with the photos, but I don't think she planned on dropping it during the murder. I think that's what probably caused her to delete the photos and throw the camera in the washing machine.

And perhaps I'm naive, but I really can't imagine Travis falling for any scheme or sexual temptation at that stage. I know he's a guy but I think that even for the most lusty male, there's a line that's drawn. Plus, Travis had been lured in many times before, and her stalking, etc., behaviors had if anything worsened. I think he'd learnt his lesson, and then some - that he would have been utterly disgusted with himself to be drawn in by someone he'd come to thoroughly despise. But most of all, because Arias knew that's how he felt. That's why she was there, to kill him.

On the one hand you have a sociopath whose entire life is focused on manipulating other people to get what she wants, who knows all of the buttons to push on Travis to get the desired result, and on the other hand you have a man that wants to believe that there's good in everyone, that everyone deserves a second chance and then some, and that there is always the possibility to change for the better. Who knows what she said to him or how she acted to get her way, but I have no doubt that she did and said whatever it took.

I believe it has been said that there are actually pictures from that day of Travis and Jodi actually having sex but they haven't been made public yet. I also read there's been video taken but they were unable to recover them.

Why would Jodi plant pictures on his camera when she was planning on killing him and had gone to great lengths to make sure no one new she'd been there? After the killing she deleted all the pictures, including the sex pictures. What would be the point of planting pictures and then deleting them and then running them through the wash? It makes no sense.

You are right. Makes no sense. She has done quite a few things that didn't make sense to me! Her idea of sense and mine are very different! I wonder if she meant to take the camera with her to keep, and have the last pictures of Travis to keep as trophies, the way serial killers do. I think the camera was laying on bed or floor and was just scooped up in a rush as she was hurrying to get things into the wash. I'm just speculating here.

You are right. Makes no sense. She has done quite a few things that didn't make sense to me! Her idea of sense and mine are very different! I wonder if she meant to take the camera with her to keep, and have the last pictures of Travis to keep as trophies, the way serial killers do. I think the camera was laying on bed or floor and was just scooped up in a rush as she was hurrying to get things into the wash. I'm just speculating here.

As far as deleting selected pictures, it would be helpful to know which one she deleted and which ones she didn't, but I believe she thought the pictures would be destroyed in the washing machine. She may have thought carrying the memory card with her was risky, since it tied her to the crime scene, but then she apparently carried plenty of other evidence with her to dispose of, I guess she just thought the bleach and the wash would take care of it for her.

They spent many hours together that day, as the time stamps on the photos show. if he was that done with her, and there was no sex, why all the hours together? If she showed up, and he was done with her, he would have seen her to the door shortly after she arrived.

I suppose I see it as a possibility that she turned up, and he did think about throwing her out rightaway, but she spun him a tale about being too tired to drive, or (as someone else suggested) she might have played it very casual so he let his guard down, or whatever, and he unfortunately decided to be civil by saying, get your act together and then go. It was a big house - plenty of room to stay out of each other's way. And he wouldn't need to be friendly about it.

I'm also well aware that I may be seriously overestimating Travis' ability to keep her at arm's length.

Despite being very familiar with this case, I wasn't aware that there are two additional sealed pics until just now. So, although I'm still not convinced they actually had sex I'll obviously have to be open to the possibility, at least, that they did. Which of course is one reason to love WS. Facts and reality!

I'm not so sure that the state was convinced that there was sex that day, but rather that it was easier to accept that there appeared to be, with little to be gained from closer analysis - it would be impossible to definitively say one way or another. And of course it didn't hurt to go with the flow, and be able to portray Arias as a true black widow, killing her mate after sex. But perhaps you feel the same way, as you say they "conceded".

And perhaps I'm naive, but I really can't imagine Travis falling for any scheme or sexual temptation at that stage. I know he's a guy but I think that even for the most lusty male, there's a line that's drawn. Plus, Travis had been lured in many times before, and her stalking, etc., behaviors had if anything worsened. I think he'd learnt his lesson, and then some - that he would have been utterly disgusted with himself to be drawn in by someone he'd come to thoroughly despise. But most of all, because Arias knew that's how he felt. That's why she was there, to kill him.

Apologies if I'm repeating myself - will cease and desist!

I think they probably did have sex. Her texts and emails indicate that she slept in his bed quite a lot when she was living in the same town as Travis. I have no doubt that Travis did not know she was coming on that fateful date. If I recall correctly, she says she showed up in the wee hours of the morning. I think she surprised him and said she was passing through town but was exhausted from her drive. I would bet a hundred bucks she asked and asked him to allow her to take a nap for a few hours before moving on. He probably relented and considering it was very late (or early), they laid down in his room. And there they are, lying there. She makes a sexual overture, he physically responds and the deed is done. I would wager she made sure to wake up first and got dressed. He goes into the shower which gave her the time to reach into her bag and get the knife and gun. I bet she had them tucked in the back of her pants during the whole photographing thing. She waited until he was most vulnerable and stabbed him. I also agree with others that she probably did not expect him to be able to come out of that shower. I'm sure in her homicidal fantasy, it was a lot cleaner in her own head. I think that explains the ferocity of the stabbings because there was a second or two when it occurred to her that he might be able to overtake her. She couldn't have that so she killed him three times over. I also think that threw her off balance when it came to the attempted clean up and the camera. She didn't count on how hard it would actually be to kill him. Didn't count on the amount of blood everywhere and how it couldn't just be wiped up. I think she panicked during the clean up which is how she accidently mixed the camera up with the bed linens.

She is evil through and through.

Another thought, that email fight they had on the 26th, where Travis finally let her have it, that wasn't like him at all, it wasn't his character, it's just that she had driven him to the edge, but still, he probably felt awful about it, felt guilt and regret and that maybe he was too hard on her, then she shows up, apologetic, wanting to make up, bury the hard feelings. And he's thinking "she just drove a thousand miles to apologize to me in person, admit she was wrong, and just wants to part as friends." But it was just more of her evil. It's beyond sad.

As far as deleting selected pictures, it would be helpful to know which one she deleted and which ones she didn't, but I believe she thought the pictures would be destroyed in the washing machine. She may have thought carrying the memory card with her was risky, since it tied her to the crime scene, but then she apparently carried plenty of other evidence with her to dispose of, I guess she just thought the bleach and the wash would take care of it for her.

She deleted all the pictures from June 4th and left all the ones that Travis had taken before, which Juan very cleverly pointed out, negates her fog.

I think she didn't take the camera with her because it was Travis' and and was very sure to take everything she brought and leave what wasn't hers. Taking the camera would have alerted some suspicion especially since everyone knew Jodi fancied herself a photographer and had a thing for taking pictures. I think it's possible she intended to leave the camera in its proper place so no one would think anything of it. Leaving it in the wash would alert the cops to investigate it, which is what happened. Purposefully deleting some but not all of the pictures would serve no purpose at that point if she was just going to wash it. She could have either deleted none or all in that case. I think she meant to leave it and either put it in the wash by mistake or decided at the last second that it was just too risky to leave it out and threw it in to thoroughly destroy the evidence.

Another thought, that email fight they had on the 26th, where Travis finally let her have it, that wasn't like him at all, it wasn't his character, it's just that she had driven him to the edge, but still, he probably felt awful about it, felt guilt and regret and that maybe he was too hard on her, then she shows up, apologetic, wanting to make up, bury the hard feelings. And he's thinking "she just drove a thousand miles to apologize to me in person, admit she was wrong, and just wants to part as friends." But it was just more of her evil. It's beyond sad.

Let's not forgt that Jodi had a way of getting back into Travis' good graces somehow, time and again, even after all the things she put him through. Before the sex tape had been made, he'd told her off before, similar to the 5/26 texts. Yet, he still ended up having phone sex with her and telling her how pretty she was. She had a hold on him and she knew it but it wasn't enough for him to wife her up.

She wanted 2nd degree murder. That carries a sentence of life with possibility of release one day.

2nd degree was what Phil Spector got for sticking a gun in Lana Clarkson's mouth. It went off and killed her instantly. He had a penchant for doing that kind of thing (threatening women with guns if they tried to leave after a date, for instance). It was a reckless disregard for a consequence which could be foreseen as highly possible; the same thing applies to shooting into a crowd; the likelihood of killing someone is very real, even if shooting a particular person (or ANY person) was not the intention.

Stabbing someone 29 times, slitting their throat to near decapitation, and then shooting them in the head for good measure was not a reckless disregard with no intent to kill. It wasn't an oopsie. It was preplanned, coid-blooded, and heinous. There is no way in HELL that the prosecutor's office would EVER agree to a sentence of 2nd degree.

Sorry MeeBee...I had not read far enough ahead before posting again about the camera stuff. Your theory makes sense; I will delete my post.

Lets not forgt that Jodi had a way of getting back into Travis' good graces somehow, time and again, even after all the things she put him through. Before the sex tape had been made, he'd told her off before, similar to the 5/26 texts. Yet, he still ended up having phone sex with her and telling her how pretty she was. She had a hold on him and she knew it but it wasn't enough for him to wife her up.

And for all the turmoil and trouble she caused for him, he could never guess how deep and dark the roots of it all went, all the way to the point of viciously slaughtering him and then walking away as if nothing happened. Travis' dead body laying there to rot where she left it, and Jodi unchanged and unaffected, to everyone she met.

I have been wondering why Juan Martinez does not call Chris and/or Sky Hughes to testify.

When Chis Hughes was on Tricia's True Crime show in May '13, he said that that when he got back from Cancun he called TA's webmaster and got TA's pass codes for his email, blog and Google Chat. He said he and Sky read everything. Now there is an issue with files possibly being erased on the computer. Since CH accessed TA's computer I wonder if he would come under suspicion for possibly deleting files.

I have been wondering why Juan Martinez does not call Chris and/or Sky Hughes to testify.

When Chis Hughes was on Tricia's True Crime show in May '13, he said that that when he got back from Cancun he called TA's webmaster and got TA's pass codes for his email, blog and Google Chat. He said he and Sky read everything. Now there is an issue with files possibly being erased on the computer. Since CH accessed TA's computer I wonder if he would come under suspicion for possibly deleting files.

They were Travis' friends. They were not involved with the crime in any way, so anything they may or may not have deleted prior to it being entered as evidence has nothing to do with the crime nor the case.

It surprises me greatly that a webmaster would hand over those pass codes after someone was murdered. How did he know the Hughes were not involved in the killing? I would think a webmaster would hold on to the codes and give them to homicide detectives, NOT friends who call him. ODD

It surprises me greatly that a webmaster would hand over those pass codes after someone was murdered. How did he know the Hughes were not involved in the killing? I would think a webmaster would hold on to the codes and give them to homicide detectives, NOT friends who call him. ODD

The webmaster could have locked everything down so they could be read but not deleted, or made copies beforehand for the authorities, who knows. It was never an issue in the case, and I doubt it will become one now, unless Nurm is reading this.

But I thought that deleted files are easily recovered, IF they had been deleted before brought into evidence. So why would that not already have been discovered by the experts ?

He would have been accessing the server copies of emails, etc., not Travis's computer. For example, depending on how your email is configured, you can pull it to your computer in a mail client but still leave it on the server for some period of time.

I always thought that too. The admins would want a death certificate before releasing that sort of info to anyone else, but certainly they would go through the cops first.

The only way it seems to me that Chris could have done that was to claim something like he was setting up a new computer to replace a destroyed one and forgot his passwords, but knew enough about Travis to be able to supply any personal info needed to convince them that he was Travis. Those sorts of questions would not have been at the same detailed level for protection that they are today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89