Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/3/14 Hearing - Part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH is the computer whiz, I'm good-for-almost-nothing on the topic. Back in my Vista days, I was Googling motorcycles to find a good picture of the one my nephew bought. I clicked on one site that had a promising picture, only to be attacked by a Trojan virus. Up popped hundreds of port sites. I shut down the computer. DH cleaned it up, bought me an external hard drive, backed up all my data and put Windows 7 on.

BTW, if Nurmi hired (at taxpayer's expense, mind you) the very BEST computer forensics guy in the world, wouldn't the expert recognize a virus like many here and in the media figured out? I hope this is all Nurmi has and it doesn't fly.

Aloha everyone I've finally caught up with the reading.

JMHO

This is all BS. If there was any truth to any of this the convicted murderer would have come out of her cage kicking and screaming. The convicted murderer would want the media to be reporting on it openly. The convicted murderer wouldn't have asked for delay after delay if there was any truth to this BS.

This is just another one of the DT BS public service announcements to create chaos. When I think about all the convicted murderers evidence, the phone was lost then found oh yeah it contained the sex tape. Forged letters oh yeah the originals were lost or shredded or some BS so now only copies exist. I can go on down the line but in the end it's just a MURDERER lying over and over.

There is no doubt in my mind Mr. Martinez will fight this tooth and nail. Nurmi looks like a fool fighting for a worthless who has lied and will continue to lie to delay the ride to Death Row.

Good morning! Nice and Cool here is Houston with a high of 56 today! What's it like where you will be trial tweeting?

The timing makes it so freakin obvious that Flores had ZERO motive to tamper with evidence. They had her camera with pictures of the murder, with HER IN IT. And they had her caught in obvious lies and her alibis were worthless. Slam dunk case.

And at the time, Flores had not even heard her BS about child *advertiser censored*. So why would he even know to clean up the computer?

This is BULL. :furious:

Good post--a very simple explanation that says it all, IMO. Very easy to understand and I hope the jury is able to see this accusation for what it is. I am not completely convinced I can trust them yet but I have decided to think positively for a change and hope that our system is not so broken that this diabolical killer could walk.

So what will today's hearing bring? Another delay seems to be the safest bet..

Somewhat OT, but related...
I am sure most everyone here that has a PC also uses a good Anti-virus software utility that is on your PC.

If you want to scare yourself, open up your main Antivirus Application Menu., and there is usually a place you can see "Reports" or "History" of any activity that the utility has removed or deleted for you.

Its usually in the Firewall OR Internet Security areas.

When finding these reports and/or activity, you will usually be amazed at how often your PC was "attacked" by malicious files, tracking cookies, etc.

My Norton gives a monthly report of such activity and I find stuff it catches at least once a month. Its very scary stuff and which is why it is so important to have a good trustworthy antivirus software running all the time and be updated.
The "signature files" are lists of known malware that are updated regularly by the antivirus software companies because they keep track of all the known attacks and add them to the signature files. The software uses these files to recognize known bad files and bad website links to prevent your PC or device from going there or downloading it to your PC.

This is why they ask you to keep your software "updated". They download fresh signature files periodically.
Which is also how they keep you having to pay every so often for the pay-ones. But I dont mind because mine works great and I have never had a true virus using the one I use. I pay a yearly fee for mine.

If your "signature files" are out of date or your software is out of date. It usually still runs and helps your PC. It is just that it may not catch some of the new viruses. So it is good to always keep up to date but it does not mean it is not still helping if it gets old on you.

If it is de-activated, that is a big concern. LOL

Good advice! Also, if you have Comcast internet, they have Norton/Symantec antivirus for FREE.

He said one possibility for overwritten files would be a scheduled Windows defrag, which occurred when it was turned on. But this is just one possibility.

I doubt that LE ever even turned his computer on. That would compromise the state of the hard drive as the OS does this, that and the other in the normal process of starting up. They would have REMOVED the hard drive from the case and plugged it into a separate device to copy the contents.

25° here in NW Arkansas (Ozark Mountains). All this diversity makes me think of how uncomfortable Jodi must be in that cell bunk. Hot in summer, cold in winter. Very few days of comfort EVER. No air controller. No end in site for the rest of her life. Being a restless person, this is also most likely the longest Jodi has remained in one place for this length of time. Not of her choosing, either.

It won't be long. A few more months and Jodi will be stored away, forgotten about. The only frightening thing about this is whether or not the system realizes she WILL kill again. Even for the brief field trip to court. Someone will be physically attacked by JODI.

If the DP was never on the table then the jury would of picked lwop. Its that simple.
LWOP isn't the mandatory minimum in Arizona or many other states. The hypothetical jury could choose LWOP OR LWP, with a 25 year minimum, assuming we're basing a hypothetical non-DP jury sentence on current sentencing guidelines.

In AZ:

A jury must decide between DP and LIFE; a judge cannot impose DP, only a jury can. Judge (not jury) makes the decision for parole or not if the jury imposes Life.

If no DP on the table, jury is not involved in sentencing.

So what will today's hearing bring? Another delay seems to be the safest bet..

We will most likely see lots of tweets about sizzle bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member