Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/04 In recess Computer Exp Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TrialDiariesJ: Willmott- Did you look at a PC pocket phone, would there have to be a SIM card to make a phone call?
Bryan- You need the SIM card #jodiarias

If they're talking about the Helio it doesn't use a sim.

ETA: Some expert, if it is.

Earlier today I remember Juan saying to BN that he had been ordered to turn this over already and BN and W objected saying that no, the prosecution only requested it. Because of that I'm thinking JS is going to have issue something in writing with a penalty before he complies.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 8m8 minutes ago
Spotted: Bryan Neumeister shmoozing in lobby with media. Seemed flustered. Is he allowd to discuss this case w/people? #jodiarias

kindergarten teacher, school crossing guard, and three groupies.

... Scott Peterson's high school golf coach?

eta: Or babies. These 14 mitigation witnesses must not have been alive a year ago, or surely the defense would have called them. Just what this trial needs. More noise and poop.

And incoherent babbling.

No, please , no mistrial! :scared:

:dunno: Mistrial might be a blessing at this point and put all of us out of our current misery!

The State hopefully would then choose not to retry the penalty phase.
JSS, HOPEFULLY, would then sentence CMJA to LWOP.
The End!

And, Good Riddance CMJA!

MOO

How much ya wanna bet the majority of those 14 witnesses are totally irrelevant? Like her 2nd grade school teacher recalling how Jodi shared a box of crayons once upon a time?

With the throat of a classmate?

14? I thought they had like 5 people. I can't with this never ending trial anymore guys. I just can't handle all this BS anymore.

Yup. Someone call me when there is a verdict. TIA.

Maybe some of the witnesses are the people she tipped at Starbucks -

Seriously though, could they be from organizations against death penalty?

Maybe Nurmi got scared and thought Juan was really going to subpeana (sp?) his 3 that would not testify.
So he gathered anyone and everyone just in case - they may not all be called (right?)

It amazes me that one of the Alexander siblings doesn't leap over the rail and strangle Jodi with his/her bare hands. No way would he/she get more than a few days in jail. The whole world can testify that this trial would be enough to provoke anybody beyond their control.

I just do not understand the need for sidebars, sealed witness lists, refusing to produce items despite court orders, continual extra time given to accomodate DT witnesses, unprepared (whether intentional or not) witnesses, seemlingly no agenda of witnesses to testify - just fly by the seat of your pants.

My god people, quit with the "she's going to get off Scott free" and the "the judge will let her off on a technicality" posts.

I agree, this is taking longer than we hoped. But let's use our common sense, JA isn't going anywhere.

I always use common sense. To me, it's too early to say that she won't get off on som technicality. We haven't even started discussing the actual *advertiser censored* yet? What if the virus did lead to some websites with child *advertiser censored* on it? What if the judge decides that the computer shouldn't have been turned on? Yeah, I'm worried and until we get a ruling by JSS I won't pretend otherwise.

It has everything to do with the mitigation factors. The theme of the mitigation is that JA was super-stressed out by being in a secret relationship with a pedophile while suffering from mental illness, so she overreacted to whatever the situation supposedly was that led to the murder.

If this is true, the DP is off the table and even the conviction is in peril. I hope it's not true.

Even ^^ if the posibility for that happening is small.

:dunno: Mistrial might be a blessing at this point and put all of us out of our current misery!

The State hopefully would then choose not to retry the penalty phase.
JSS, HOPEFULLY, would then sentence CMJA to LWOP.
The End!

And, Good Riddance CMJA!

MOO

Yeah...well...I'm not convinced anymore that JSS would go with no possibility of release some day. She has, it seems, taken allegiance with the murderer.

I am so sorry, Travis.

14 Witnesses?!!! We're really going down the slime highway now. . . :rollercoaster: . . . there is something inherently wrong here.

Who could they be? Inmates that she knows? Who?

Lawyer question, can the defense just continue to call new witnesses helter skelter forever in the middle of a trial? The trial could go forever. I am thinking Jodi likes her new digs....maybe a boyfriend or two.

And in the spirit of fairness, earlier I posed a rhetorical question of why JS was allowing all the *advertiser censored* talk even without the jury. Since then the actual question has been in the back of my mind and the only answer I can come up with is perhaps she foresees the possibility of another hung jury, leaving her to decide a woman's fate (despite how despicable she may be) and wants to hear every scrap of information to weigh in that eventuality.

A little more info from Beth. JM's computer guy is Perry Smith, who is the Computer Forensic Examiner at City of Mesa (for about 6 years). Maybe this is who replaced Melendez? He has been with Mesa PD since 2000.
KN says 3 witnesses that will file affidavits are those who don't want to testify. Wonder how that works in terms of cross? Or are we just supposed to take their word for whatever, just as BN seems to think is appropriate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l