Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/05-08 In recess

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there no trial this week? I can't imagine being a juror on this case.

Veering off from your excellent point, Val, isn't it ironic that she should quote in that email "I know the tone of an email or text message can sometime be ambiguous since the receiver is only interpreting what the tone of the sender would be if it were spoken ...", and then have ALV and Dr. F. interpret and 'diagnose', under oath.

Juan should have asked her, since you can read every other nuance Travis had in "mind" during this conversation, can you just take a gander at who is really mad at whom during this interchange.

Nebbermind, she would have just said "No".

If CMJA says she's a victim of child sex abuse, she wouldn't have been picking up pamphlets from the mall to help Travis with his "alleged issues".

She can't draw a straight line from point A to point B with any of her lies because they just don't make sense, by any sort of means, psychologically, mentally, socially, for someone who was abused as a child, abused as an adult, whatever.

She's a "predator". She takes what she wants, when she wants, and if she's not appeased, she lashes out. And she loves to torture her "prey" and it's social circle through slander, harassment, stalking, theft, lies, deception.............

She's always been a sick puppy and always will be. Some people are just born evil.

Totally Agree,

I am so happy she is off the streets. There is NO end to her evil, IMO.

I haven't posted in a few days because I can't stand trial by tweet and the constant delays by the DT. But I just have to ask, since this is the first trial I have followed closely: Is this normal? Is it normal for a murder trial to take this long?

I'm right there with you, Nosey!!!!:gaah: If you've ever been a Mod for a group or forum, or been misunderstood on a group online, "interpretation" is "key". Like 10 people who witness an accident, they all interpret the scene in their own way.
CMJA had a tendency to "poke the bear" when Travis was upset with her. She just egged him on......."...who me?" Deflection.

I don't know how he managed to stick it out as long as he did.

Honestly, he should have killed her. The world would be better off, and with all HIS evidence, before she tailored it, erased it and re-routed it..... he would have gotten off scot-free.

Just read JA's letter to her 'VIP supporters', it seems like in a nutshell the only people she trusts are those who send her money, everyone else gets bashed. It's *all* about the money. My only question is, what will these supporters get in return - ever? She is very big on taking - their heartfelt support, money, kind words, donations, books, cash, whatever, but does she give anything in return except softsoap so they'll continue to keep her in candybars and funds labelled for appeal? Teeny tiny-script postcards full of the subcontext of 'Just send me dough? I'm embarrassed that fellow human beings support her in any fashion, how gullible can people be? I still find it hard to fathom that she can run this mini-empire from behind bars, there really should be a law against it.

Good evening everyone. Be prepared to move to a new thread in about 15 minutes. I will be back with the link in a few.

Just read JA's letter to her 'VIP supporters', it seems like in a nutshell the only people she trusts are those who send her money, everyone else gets bashed. It's *all* about the money. My only question is, what will these supporters get in return - ever? She is very big on taking - their heartfelt support, money, kind words, donations, books, cash, whatever, but does she give anything in return except softsoap so they'll continue to keep her in candybars and funds labelled for appeal? Teeny tiny-script postcards full of the subcontext of 'Just send me dough? I'm embarrassed that fellow human beings support her in any fashion, how gullible can people be? I still find it hard to fathom that she can run this mini-empire from behind bars, there really should be a law against it.

And we wonder why no one is beating down the doors to the court to be a mitigation witness. I bet there is absolutely no one out there willing to do it, not three people afraid of the press as Nurmi alleges. She has no one. LOL.

If CMJA begins to use the "I was a child sex abuse victim" line can JM ask her how come this has never come up in 8 years since the murder, and never came up in the previous trial or used as mitigation in the last penalty phase? She has changed her defence from the last time, she was a supposed DV victim last time, that didn't work so now it's the "Travis was a paedophile" defence.

Better to let his expert psychologists deal with this one.

If she was claiming a history of abuse, those experts should have included this as part of their assessment. Better to have the answer come from an expert, who can say that there was no prior mention to any number of experts who did pursue this area. Additionally, standard tests designed to detect abuse did not register anything of note to pursue further...

MOO

geevee, please repost this in the new thread. I would like to reply but don't want the conversation to get buried.

I haven't posted in a few days because I can't stand trial by tweet and the constant delays by the DT. But I just have to ask, since this is the first trial I have followed closely: Is this normal? Is it normal for a murder trial to take this long?

I've followed quite a few trials since coming to WS and this one is far from the norm. A capital case is going on now in Kaufman, TX, Eric Williams gunned down a prosecutor, a district attorney and his wife, trial began last Monday, the verdict came in on Thursday (prosecution did it's case through Wed., no case in chief by defense), they're in the penalty phase now, apparently the defense will put on witnesses, but this is speeding along at a very brisk pace, good evidence and a judge that allows no court room antics, baloney or delaying tactics. The murders happened in Jan. and March of last year (2013), not much time wasted getting to trial either.

Some higher profile murder cases in my area have went from arrest to conviction and sentencing in a years time. Everything about this case is the poster child for why we have victims rights bills and why they need to be strengthened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay