Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/19-1/5 Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for the point that the lighting conditions were darker in the bedroom and brighter in the car, that just tells me that her hair was actually even lighter than it appears in the bedroom pics, if she had had the fresh brunette dye job as shown in the car selfie, her hair would have appeared almost black in the subdued lighting and not just dark blonde as it was in that pic with the dog.

Val, the point on her hair fading over time (weeks) is a good one. Yet the interview room pics still show her hair as looking dark one minute...brassy tones the next, according to angle and light. Even after weeks had past, she still looks very dark in the interview too. Also, we don't know the light conditions in the room with Travis. Tex Mex points out later in this thread that the photos have been digitally recovered and are not in the best state. Forensic analysis by experts haven't found any reason to question the time photos were taken. It seems to me that Arias' 'memory card swap' - desperate interview scrabbling for excuses has been given more serious attention than it merits. I'm not convinced, (yet!) 😐 that her lies lead anywhere here.

FYI we have made a thread for you to discuss the journal entries that Beth Karas has released. Since Beth's site is a paid site you can't bring any of the journal entries over to the thread. But you can discuss them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?266906&p=11347157#post11347157

The cost of Beth's site is 5.99 a month. www.karasoncrime.com

Normally we wouldn't do this for a paid site but so many of you belong to Beth's site and you need a place to discuss the journal entries so here you gol

Good morning all! :wave:

I'm laughing at TexMex's - Stabs Einstein!! :laughing:

Obviously kaRN and Reagan don't live in California, where you NEED a car!! :wave:

So, are we guessing on what happening on Monday - aren't there two separate things happening?? As I recall the Jurors will be there for trial, but don't we also have "something" with the COA appeal?? Anyone know? TIA!!

:seeya:

LOL!! Don't be rubbing your warm sunshine in our faces Niner LOL!! Your avatars sleigh started it's journey about 100 miles from my house or so it feels temperature wise. :)

FGS. There is NO possibility Beth Karas' posting of the journals means money is going to JA for them. Kara's wouldn't post them if it meant a penny in blood money.

Oh geez...the one where she barely slows down to drop Travis off bcse Deana was there...she had just given him a BJ in the Ashley Furniture parking lot. Then he bought her some ice cream

It's not even the money, it's a sneaking suspicion that JA may be able to claim some of the proceeds as royalties or some such thing....

BBM: Whoa ... is this possible ?

But IF CMJA's journal entries are introduced as Exhibits at the re-trial, then I don't see how she can claim any "royalty" or whatever.

:) Maybe AZLawyer could answer this question !

TIA !

Oh, how did Beth get the journal ? Sorry, I must have missed that. TIA !

Tv Ms for the link, Dmacky. I watched it again. I wonder if Juan can use this to illustrate that she lied about death threats before? Why should a jury believe her now? 😐

She is a monster. Her lies are stupid, crazy, impossible for sane people to believe - yet she layers them upon each other with a chilling ease. There is a brazen, shameless attitude from her that infuriates. Smug murderer. How faiik any jury fail to see this?

IIRC, didn't Nancy Grace have all these pages of psychobabble when the guilt phase was ongoing back in 2013?

Welp, I have a feeling that I will now be forking over the $5.99. I can't 'not' for some reason. Cant seem to pass up such a voluminous amount of info for half the price of an e-book. It will probably have as much truth as any fiction I could pick up on Amazon but... I just want to know what's in it!

Hubs just called me a "freak" because of it. I told him I'm pretty sure that was abusive. I know some docs who would testify as much.

Ladies, don't debase yourself for a man, he will just lose all respect for you and you wont get what you want, then you will get angry and act out like a psycho, which will just make everyone think the worst of you and the man will skip off looking like he was just doing what guys do .. JUST SAYING.

These diary entries sound SAD to me. I am sad that she debased herself to that extent. The fact that she turned around and killed Travis for it instead of just walking away just heaps unbearable tragedy on top of that sadness.

IMO dragging this on to a second penalty phase for almost no gain helps nobody, least of all the family. I don't see the point of a DP here, when she will likely just die in prison anyway after a squillion appeals etc.

Huge waste, the whole thing.

But IF CMJA's journal entries are introduced as Exhibits at the re-trial, then I don't see how she can claim any "royalty" or whatever.

TIA !

I wouldn't think so since Beth is selling subscriptions to her site and not the journals. Right? I wish it was the journals being sold so that I could have a copy to refer back to later once Travis' are published. (not if it meant JA would see one penny)

I wouldn't think so since Beth is selling subscriptions to her site and not the journals. Right? I wish it was the journals being sold so that I could have a copy to refer back to later once Travis' are published. (not if it meant JA would see one penny)

I cannot see but isn't that what this is doing? Posting the journals to compare for later?. So you have such to refer to later also in addition to now?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

To me, the lengthy rambling journal entries show a depressed, elated and generally confused Arias, one minute contemplating killing herself and the next on cloud nine. She definitely had/has some serious problems in that evil mind of hers. The journals are well worth reading and the cost ... it takes you deep into her head. Sometimes funny, sometimes sad.

I also think it would be a great idea to have a hard copy. I don't think BK is into making money off of them, but IF she did, I am sure she would turn any proceeds over to the Alexander family. Beth is a good person IMO.

I cannot see but isn't that what this is doing? Posting the journals to compare for later?. So you have such to refer to later also in addition to now?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I'm not familiar with the site because I'm only now getting a subscription, and only for one month, so I'm not sure. I had the impression that it will allow me to read them but not copy, then once that subscription runs out I will no longer have access to them.

I'm not familiar with the site because I'm only now getting a subscription, and only for one month, so I'm not sure. I had the impression that it will allow me to read them but not copy, then once that subscription runs out I will no longer have access to them.

I'm not sure if it's true now, but this morning when I checked them out, they are PDFs saved in a Google Drive. You can download them and read them any time.

To me, the lengthy rambling journal entries show a depressed, elated and generally confused Arias, one minute contemplating killing herself and the next on cloud nine. She definitely had/has some serious problems in that evil mind of hers. The journals are well worth reading and the cost ... it takes you deep into her head. Sometimes funny, sometimes sad.

To be honest, I don't WANT to get into her head. Arias killed a man and there is no excuse.

TIA !

Yes AZ's opinion would be nice to have on this. My suspicion rests on the fact that the journals are her intellectual property and so could possibly be grounds to claim part of any money generated by using them outside of the court process. I would love to be assured otherwise!

I hope 2015 will bring some type of peace / closure to the Alexander family. I hope this poor family gets some type of peace. I want the DP for the killer but not sure it will happen.

To be honest, I don't WANT to get into her head. Arias killed a man and there is no excuse.

I know she butchered a man, I also know there is no excuse for it. I am not saying anyone wants to get in her head, BUT, evidently some of us took the time to read her ramblings, so all is not lost I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem