Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/20 thru 2/23 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on the loop de doop roller coaster I go. :(

The sex phone call tape was for Mimi, Lisa , the cutie Travis met the weekend Jodi wanted him to come up to Yreka on the 24th. Travis told her that he was under a lot of stress because Jodi wouldn't tell him what she had planned. Jodi went looking for a tree in the woods - I think she had Matt M. all lined up and ready to video tape and take photos for more blackmail. Travis stayed at home and had a UFC party at his house, and wrote he met a cute nineteen year old.

In Jodi's journals she writes that Matt M. was in Mesa before she left for the final time? and that he saw bruises around her neck and told her to get a restraining order and she said that she was leaving in two days. Now Jodi said a man saw the bruises and his photo's of them are were on the external hard drive that wasn't part of her trial. Along with photo's of Travis chasing down a naked four year old little boy in a priest collar. She said they were hanging out with friends and she took it because she thought it was funny. Anyway, just how does a restraining order work if you are stalking someone and entering their home?

Matt was in Mesa around the fifteen of April, saw Jodi June third in Salinas? and was in Yreka when Jodi got back after murdering Travis. I wonder what she handed off to him?

Jodi wrote that she hadn't spoken with Matt for three months after she moved to Mesa. He thought she needed to be committed.

Matt was also in Yreka when Jodi got back from her trip. I can't remember what she handed off to him.

Originally Posted by Wagara
IMO the book was something else for the DT to use against the Hughes if they testified. My point is that the Hughes could have been the asset to Juan that Deanna was but some of their actions prevented that. I don't doubt their love or regret, I just wish news of a book hand't been released before the end of this trial.

Chris Hughes was the guest on Tricia Griffins radio show last night and clarified a lot of things--you might want to check it out. (To be notified of the book's availability, check out http://ourfriendtravis.com/)

IIRC, Sky Hughes was never asked to be a witness. Chris Hughes was a witness on Day 10 of the original marathon. IIRC, KN was trying to get Chris to say an email was authentic. Chris didn't believe it was, he thought JA had forged them. Chris had, I believe, told Gus Searcy that the emails were forgeries. It was a prime example of KN twisting words with partial truths to slime Travis and Chris, IMO, did a good job of letting the jury know that the evidence was questionable while not being too hostile. IIRC, sidebars were involved during his testimony.

JMO, but because ALV et al were using an email as evidence of domestic abuse, and Chris Hughes was fighting to put it in context, the DT didn't want him there. As I recall, JM was able to use Dr. D to discredit ALV's take. I'm sure other sleuthers will correct me if I'm mistaken on this point.

As well, both Chris and Sky had been interviewed by the media, and voiced their unhappiness with the DT's tactics. They tried to keep the trial from being a megaphone for the murderer's lies, and to keep Travis, the real victim of domestic violence in this case, as a normal, warm, and caring human being in the public's mind.

It takes a long time to prepare a book for publication. There are many people to approach when you are documenting someone's life. A lot of people may want to share anecdotes or express their feelings about certain details. Probably permission to use people's photographs had to be obtained. So, news of the Hughes' project would have begun to leak out before the trial was finished in any case. There is no way that anyone could have predicted how long JSS would allow the DT to drag this out.

Besides, at least two books had already been published about the case. [Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias by Jane Velez-Mitchell (http://www.amazon.ca/Exposed-Secret-Life-Jodi-Arias/dp/0062303996) and Picture Perfect: The Jodi Arias Story: A Beautiful Photographer, Her Mormon Lover, and a Brutal Murder by Shanna Hogan (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15794866-picture-perfect)] A made for TV movie had been produced and aired. Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret was written by Richard Blaney and Gregory Small (http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/jodi-arias-dirty-little-secret). I'm sure it seemed to Chris and Sky that Travis's story was being forgotten, and they probably felt a strong need to balance the scales at least a little bit.

With all the lies that have been spread about Travis during this trial--in the courtroom and through some pretty malicious texts and blogs by JA's supporters, I don't see how having something positive about Travis being talked about could hurt. As I said in an earlier post, i hope that there is a lawyer who will help the Alexander family sue for damages despite the common wisdom the "you can't defame the dead". It seems to me the DT did a pretty good job of doing just that.

JA has been found guilty, and that won't change. Her lies, and those of her "experts" have been exposed thanks to the meticulous work of JM. Even though JSS and the DT have prevented a lot of evidence from being presented and have dragged this stage out to almost the length of the first trial, it's possible that JM can guide the jury to putting everything together. That word of a book written to honour Travis, to attempt to clear his name of the horrible lies about his behaviour, has become public won't affect any member of the jury, IMO, until the trial is over, the verdict is in, and jurors find out who Travis really was.

I don't think that's really true. Their early emails with Travis, show that they were concerned with Jodi's feelings.

I get where they were coming from and although I didn't use the same kind of language they used, I've had similar talks with my youngest son about his last two gf's so I won't be throwing stones at them about it.

Basically I tried to make him understand that for a woman, spending years of their life in a relationship that the other party had no intentions of carrying any further, just isn't fair to the woman because they only have a limited number of fertile years and that if he didn't see her as the future mother of his children, he should break it off sooner than later. He finally got the message, but only after he had an experience strikingly familiar to what TA went through. :thinking:

I get where they were coming from and although I didn't use the same kind of language they used, I've had similar talks with my youngest son about his last two gf's so I won't be throwing stones at them about it.

Basically I tried to make him understand that for a woman, spending years of their life in a relationship that the other party had no intentions of carrying any further, just isn't fair to the woman because they only have a limited number of fertile years and that if he didn't see her as the future mother of his children, he should break it off sooner than later. He finally got the message, but only after he had an experience strikingly familiar to what TA went through. :thinking:

Your son was murdered?

Since the beginning of this retrial marathon I've been recovering from some surgery that was a wee bit more complicated than I anticipated, with a much longer recovery than I have had patience for. Thankfully, I've had WS the entire time to give me something new every morning to read. Often I didn't use the THANKS button just because it was one extra movement that could cause pain so I avoided it. But I do thank all of you for all your input and information.

My physical therapist, on the other hand, does not have the same kind thoughts! I was following along via iPad yesterday, (while I was waiting) reacting with my usual fury and anxiety over the defense. Evidently my aggressive manner was noticeable and he actually told me calmly and firmly to please put away my portable device as the purpose of PT was to relax the muscles, ease pain both physical and mental, and that whatever I was reading was doing just the opposite! Funny thing was that 3 other people sitting near me very subtly put their devices away as well before they got called out too!

I told him it was important research and that forcing me to put my materials away would be detrimental to my mental health! Thanks all you WS'ers for keeping me sane these last several months!

I have a bad vibe. It started with Sky Hughes saying they called Jodi Arias, "Deanna" on purpose to "warn her" about TA. Like WTH? Who does that? At this point they had no idea JA was crazy - they were just intruding into TA's relationship and kind of badmouthing their friend and I found it all very weird.

Did she say that on the stand? I missed that. Just rewatching Lisa's testimony and CMJA in reaction to it.

They already knew they wouldn't be called though.
When the only issue was their emails and the DTs spin on them they 'could' have called and stood their ground as Deanna did. Adding the book to the scenario helped to cement the 'would' not testify situation. IMO of course.

And I can only hope there is one or more big mean b*t*hes in there waiting to make her THEIR servant. My hope is she will find out what REAL abuse is. I think that maybe some of her fear that is real. She doesn't want the world to hear her testimony ever because people in jail can also find out what she said and when they know she is lying (which is when her lips are moving), they might make her pay for those lies. I know I would be scared just to go to county jail, so I can imagine that it really is scary that she is going to go to big girl prison with some people that are even scarier than she is. But I don't feel sorry for her, because she wouldn't be there if she hadn't decided to murder Travis. I don't have to fear jail if I don't do anything that will land me there.

BBM I can understand that way of thinking however...I really hate it. I'd much rather she topped herself. Actually in this case my first choice would be DP and I'm not a big advocate for that. I'm for it in this case. If it had been one of my brothers I'd want to kill her myself. It's really hard to explain... :(

UMMM. for those who believe the May 10th call was not made on May 10. It couldn't have been.

JA asks TA during the call whether or not he's going to visit her before he goes to Cancun. Travis, according to his journals, did not know until May 14 that he was eligible for the trip.

Nice catch.

When the only issue was their emails and the DTs spin on them they 'could' have called and stood their ground as Deanna did. Adding the book to the scenario helped to cement the 'would' not testify situation. IMO of course.

Still disagree. The issue of their emails was around during the first trial and they still were never called. Even before the book was announced no one placed them on their witness list. Juan was never going to call them. The book had nothing to do with it. It's just a book. Juan called Abe knowing he'd be called on all the interviews he's done and his blog. Juan would have taken that minor hit if the HUGHESES were that valuable to him. I doubt any jury would care that much about a book. I really do.

4/15/08: The good news is I got an email today saying that I qualified for the Cancun trip. I’m very very excited about that. Prepaid has allowed me to have a lot of fun. I’m very fortunate.

Apr 29
4/29/08: The other news is my date w/ Mimi this last Saturday didn’t happen because she was sick. I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and I went and got her an herbal remedy [illegible] ingredients, in a wicker basket with raffia and left it on her porch. She texted me 10 minutes later saying thanks but please don’t be so nice to me. I asked why not she basically said never mind. So I just laid it down. I told her via text I like you, but I don’t know if you like me. So I need to know, so I know if I should ask you out again. I never heard back from her. At church however she came up to me and asked if I got her text. I said no. She said well we need to have a chat. That night we did. She told me she was interested but wasn’t sure how interested. So she wanted to schedule the date again. So time will tell. That’s good news in my opinion. The better news is I asked her to go to Cancun w/me today and she said yes. So barring that she gets work off we are off to Cancun!!! Life is good! Everything is falling into place. Having said that I will close for now. I’m happy.

Thank you Tex. I couldn't find his journals again and was wondering where Mimi was "sick" (I don't believe she was) fitted in with the texts from CMJA and journal entries.

Chris Hughes was the guest on Tricia Griffins radio show last night and clarified a lot of things--you might want to check it out. (To be notified of the book's availability, check out http://ourfriendtravis.com/)

IIRC, Sky Hughes was never asked to be a witness. Chris Hughes was a witness on Day 10 of the original marathon. IIRC, KN was trying to get Chris to say an email was authentic. Chris didn't believe it was, he thought JA had forged them. Chris had, I believe, told Gus Searcy that the emails were forgeries. It was a prime example of KN twisting words with partial truths to slime Travis and Chris, IMO, did a good job of letting the jury know that the evidence was questionable while not being too hostile. IIRC, sidebars were involved during his testimony.

JMO, but because ALV et al were using an email as evidence of domestic abuse, and Chris Hughes was fighting to put it in context, the DT didn't want him there. As I recall, JM was able to use Dr. D to discredit ALV's take. I'm sure other sleuthers will correct me if I'm mistaken on this point.

As well, both Chris and Sky had been interviewed by the media, and voiced their unhappiness with the DT's tactics. They tried to keep the trial from being a megaphone for the murderer's lies, and to keep Travis, the real victim of domestic violence in this case, as a normal, warm, and caring human being in the public's mind.

It takes a long time to prepare a book for publication. There are many people to approach when you are documenting someone's life. A lot of people may want to share anecdotes or express their feelings about certain details. Probably permission to use people's photographs had to be obtained. So, news of the Hughes' project would have begun to leak out before the trial was finished in any case. There is no way that anyone could have predicted how long JSS would allow the DT to drag this out.

Besides, at least two books had already been published about the case. [Exposed: The Secret Life of Jodi Arias by Jane Velez-Mitchell (http://www.amazon.ca/Exposed-Secret-Life-Jodi-Arias/dp/0062303996) and Picture Perfect: The Jodi Arias Story: A Beautiful Photographer, Her Mormon Lover, and a Brutal Murder by Shanna Hogan (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15794866-picture-perfect)] A made for TV movie had been produced and aired. Jodi Arias: Dirty Little Secret was written by Richard Blaney and Gregory Small (http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/jodi-arias-dirty-little-secret). I'm sure it seemed to Chris and Sky that Travis's story was being forgotten, and they probably felt a strong need to balance the scales at least a little bit.

With all the lies that have been spread about Travis during this trial--in the courtroom and through some pretty malicious texts and blogs by JA's supporters, I don't see how having something positive about Travis being talked about could hurt. As I said in an earlier post, i hope that there is a lawyer who will help the Alexander family sue for damages despite the common wisdom the "you can't defame the dead". It seems to me the DT did a pretty good job of doing just that.

JA has been found guilty, and that won't change. Her lies, and those of her "experts" have been exposed thanks to the meticulous work of JM. Even though JSS and the DT have prevented a lot of evidence from being presented and have dragged this stage out to almost the length of the first trial, it's possible that JM can guide the jury to putting everything together. That word of a book written to honour Travis, to attempt to clear his name of the horrible lies about his behaviour, has become public won't affect any member of the jury, IMO, until the trial is over, the verdict is in, and jurors find out who Travis really was.
I can only speak for myself but I haven't associated the Hugheses book with the jury or the upcoming sentence. Either they aren't testifying because Juan doesn't feel it's necessary or feels it would be determintal. My impression has been determintal from my readings here. I could be wrong but this is the only board I read. So as I''ve posted I don't doubt their love or regret regarding Travis but I feel their book could have waited until after the trial. It's just one more layer that could have been avoided. MOO

Since the beginning of this retrial marathon I've been recovering from some surgery that was a wee bit more complicated than I anticipated, with a much longer recovery than I have had patience for. Thankfully, I've had WS the entire time to give me something new every morning to read. Often I didn't use the THANKS button just because it was one extra movement that could cause pain so I avoided it. But I do thank all of you for all your input and information.

My physical therapist, on the other hand, does not have the same kind thoughts! I was following along via iPad yesterday, (while I was waiting) reacting with my usual fury and anxiety over the defense. Evidently my aggressive manner was noticeable and he actually told me calmly and firmly to please put away my portable device as the purpose of PT was to relax the muscles, ease pain both physical and mental, and that whatever I was reading was doing just the opposite! Funny thing was that 3 other people sitting near me very subtly put their devices away as well before they got called out too!

I told him it was important research and that forcing me to put my materials away would be detrimental to my mental health! Thanks all you WS'ers for keeping me sane these last several months!

Hope your recovery is swift from here on, Spycraft.:daisy:

Raffia, what? hmmm Thanks for the info Tex Mex.

April 29th...I usually wouldn't say raffia and find it odd for Travis to write that. A bow would suffice. (female here though) hmmm

So many things in evidence are questionable as to who said what and who made it seem like someone else wrote/said it. What a stalker he had. RIL TA.

Still disagree. The issue of their emails was around during the first trial and they still were never called. Even before the book was announced no one placed them on their witness list. Juan was never going to call them. The book had nothing to do with it. It's just a book. Juan called Abe knowing he'd be called on all the interviews he's done and his blog. Juan would have taken that minor hit if the HUGHESES were that valuable to him. I doubt any jury would care that much about a book. I really do.
LOL. I'm not budging either so agreeing to disagree is fine with me!

April 29th...I usually wouldn't say raffia and find it odd for Travis to write that. A bow would suffice. (female here though) hmmm

So many things in evidence are questionable as to who said what and who made it seem like someone else wrote/said it. What a stalker he had. RIL TA.

Yeah. I didn't even know what raffia was. But it's in his journal in his handwriting.

Thanks TexMex. I knew what it was and looked like but didn't think a guy 30 years old would. Maybe so. I'd probably double check myself and look at the tag description to know for sure. lol

He probably got the "raffia" word from the salesperson where he bought the herbal tea. It's all very nouveau-hippyish and not at all rare in woo circles. I have often seen woo goodies—candles, aromatherapy baskets, homemade hippy spreads, hand-crafted soap, baskets with TLC contents—embellished with tied raffia. It's that earthy-eco-green thing that goes way back to the 60's. Very common right on the shelf at coops, organic foodstores, Whole Foods and Wild Oats, farmstands, farmers markets.....

I know I posted this before but perhaps it makes me feel better to express some of the small details that bug the peewaddle and doo out of me! Yes whatever became of that engagement ring? And what possible excuse could Jodi have given Travis as to why it was in her possession????

I feel like sending her a postcard about that. That and the plastic cup that was found on Travis. "Dear Jodi, what's with that? Were you washing your roots?"

Another thing, while I'm here. I found it strange that Jodi said the names Travis picked for children were Iris (not that bad), Hinckley (WTF?), Reagan (oh...I see) and Megan.

As we all know John Hinckley shot Ronald Reagan because he wanted to impress Jodie Foster whom played Iris in Taxi Driver opposite Robert De Niro whom played Travis Bickle. I can't be arsed trying to guess where the Megan came from. Weirdo.

p.s. If I've got my whoms and who mixed up, words aren't my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela