Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beth Karas
2:32 Another naked Arias but no time stamp. Close up of Arias’s genitalia–no time stamp. End of direct. Cross by Nurmi begins.

2:30 Naked Arias on the screen now; another naked Jodi at 1:44:00. Naked Travis looking at the camera at 1:47:15.

2:27 Martinez is finished with the photos in the shower and now asks Melendez about other deleted photos he found in the camera. First one is of a naked Travis on the bed with bottle of KY near him. Time stamp is 1:44:50. Travis appears to be sleeping–not sure.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 7s 7 seconds ago

Nurmi up for cross exam of Mesa PD. #JodiArias

CBS 5 News ‏@CBS5AZ 29s30 seconds ago

Jurors seem uncomfortable seeing up close naked photos of Arias.

I am so glad JM is stating the age of Travis, ONLY 30 years old! He will forever be ONLY 30 years old!

God your post just hit me like a ton of bricks. All the wonderful things Travis will never get to experience. All because Jodi just couldn't walk away and move on. Shaking head. I wonder if Jodi still thinks killing Travis was worth it.

I really don't think what I said was an exaggeration though. When did Travis ever visit her at home? Even when she lived in AZ in her own stories she always ended up in his home. Travis just didn't seem to be in any hurry to go see her ever.

So I'm sticking to what I said. He NEVER went to her.

This may have been answered already, it is hard to keep up on this thread :scared:
I can give one instance where TA actually went to JA's home.
Daniel Freeman testified they stopped by her house after midnight on the way to some PPL event. I only know this because I am rewatching the trial and just finished his testimony.
They did not clarify WHERE she was living at the time though, my impression was that it was while she lived in AZ, but it was the first time Daniel Freeman met JA, so possibly it was in Cali?

ETA- Just noticed this is a delicate topic, was not trying to argue anything, just was fresh in my mind about that particular visit. No judgements :)

Beth's live blog:

2:30 Naked Jodi on the screen now; another naked Jodi at 1:44:00. Naked Travis looking at the camera at 1:47:15.

2:27 Martinez is finished with the photos in the shower and now asks Melendez about other deleted photos he found in the camera. First one is of a naked Travis on the bed with bottle of KY near him. Time stamp is 1:44:50. Travis appears to be sleeping–not sure.
2:21 Martinez is going through the time stamps on all the last photos of Travis alive. He couldn’t be in a more vulnerable position: naked, wet, and seated. He went from standing in the shower to seated–just before the attack.
2:18 The third accidental photo preceded the other two. It was taken at 5:31:14 and shows the light on the ceiling. This is the beginning of the attack.
2:16 Jurors are now looking at deleted images from the camera. The first two photos shown are the accidental photos taken during the murder–the one with Arias’s foot in the foreground taken at 5:32:16. The second is of the base board taken at 5:33:32. Both are date stamped 6/4/08. Keep these times in mind as I will be referring to them in later reports and interviews.
2:04 First witness: Michael Melendez, computer and media forensic expert. Melendez recovered the deleted photos from the camera found in the washing machine. He actually retrieved the camera from the washing machine. He removed the card from the camera and had them packaged separately.
2:01 Martinez is now attacking the mitigator that Arias is remorseful. Martinez is emphasizing her lies to detectives among other things.
“There are no mitigating circumstances in this case. None.”

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 55s 55 seconds ago
Nurmi is up to cross examine #jodiarias #3TVArias

Huffington Post

Today 5:35 PM EDT
Cross-Examination
Nurmi is now questioning Melendez about the work he did on the case.

Share +
Today 5:34 PM EDT
June 4, 2008 Timestamps
5:29:20 - Travis looking at the camera.

5:30:30 - Travis sitting in the shower.

5:31:14 - The bathroom ceiling.

5:32:16 - Travis on the floor, bleeding.

5:33:13 - Baseboard with what appears to be blood on it.

Beth's live blog:

2:30 Naked Jodi on the screen now; another naked Jodi at 1:44:00. Naked Travis looking at the camera at 1:47:15.

2:21 Martinez is going through the time stamps on all the last photos of Travis alive. He couldn’t be in a more vulnerable position: naked, wet, and seated. He went from standing in the shower to seated–just before the attack.
2:18 The third accidental photo preceded the other two. It was taken at 5:31:14 and shows the light on the ceiling. This is the beginning of the attack.
2:16 Jurors are now looking at deleted images from the camera. The first two photos shown are the accidental photos taken during the murder–the one with Arias’s foot in the foreground taken at 5:32:16. The second is of the base board taken at 5:33:32. Both are date stamped 6/4/08. Keep these times in mind as I will be referring to them in later reports and interviews.
2:04 First witness: Michael Melendez, computer and media forensic expert. Melendez recovered the deleted photos from the camera found in the washing machine. He actually retrieved the camera from the washing machine. He removed the card from the camera and had them packaged separately.
2:01 Martinez is now attacking the mitigator that Arias is remorseful. Martinez is emphasizing her lies to detectives among other things.
“There are no mitigating circumstances in this case. None.”

Is this from her new site?

Johnny Cochrane promised the inventor of the polymerase chain reaction machine, a Nobel prize winner, would testify in OJ's defense.
Didn't happen. Events overwhelmed the Dream Team. Ultimately they didn't need him, though....(sigh).

And despite with Baez claimed in HIS opening statement (that should NOT have been counted as evidence sigh) he was never able to prove that George Anthony molested Casey and killed Caylee yet the jury still bought it. Le sigh.

Beth Karas
2:34 Nurmi is going through Melendez’s background and the Mesa PD protocol at the time for handling evidence. Melendez says he followed the protocol. One of the items he examined was a laptop computer. Says he followed protocol in collecting the laptop too. Made sure no evidence was lost.

2:38 Melendez left that unit in November 2008. After he finished working on the laptop, he left the unit and would have done nothing more on that laptop–that he recalls.

Do you think she likes having those pictures shown?? I am just curious.. She seems like she would have some kind of pride in it.. ?

I would be mortified.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 41s 42 seconds ago

Nurmi painfully explains Mesa PD procedure in handling evidence. Waiting for point... ... ... #JodiArias

Beth Karas

2:38 Melendez left that unit in November 2008. After he finished working on the laptop, he left the unit and would have done nothing more on that laptop–that he recalls.

Do you think she likes having those pictures shown?? I am just curious.. She seems like she would have some kind of pride in it.. ?

I would be mortified.

I believe she likes having them shown. I don't know about pride exactly, but she loves to shock. Shock and Awe tactics?

I would be mortified.

I'm sure she does. Nurmi and Jen I'm sure coached her on how to express shame and embarrassment.IMO. And yes tweets are from Beth's new site.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 5s 5 seconds ago

Steven Alexander bravely looks on at Travis images. Not hiding his eyes. #JodiArias

:grouphug:

Oh God bless poor Steven.

Beth Karas
2:41 Nurmi moves on now to the deleted photos. (At the first trial, the defense did not challenge the time and date stamps.) I wonder if Nurmi is going to challenge them now…No–Cross just ended. Redirect begins.

I admit to being glad we don't see the pics again. That botched augmentation was eeww

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay