Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is getting her information from emails, texts, chats, blogs, character witnesses, which, IMO is fair.

I do believe he struggled with spirituality and sex.

Still did not deserve to die because he was conflicted.

She also interviewed Arias for a total of about 8 hours.

ETA source
Nancy Grace (@NancyGraceHLN) tweeted at 9:15am - 17 Nov 14:

Dr. Fonseca says she interviewed #JodiArias on two separate occasions, accumulating to less than 8 hours. (https://twitter.com/NancyGraceHLN/status/534394511590703104?s=17)

At what point do these professional so called experts ethics are called into question, seems they are able to cross the line and not be held accountable. How can they offer opinions based on lies and uncorroborrated evidence, especially in a penalty phase where the defendant is a convicted felon. It is beyond anything I can comprehend and defies logic, makes no sense to me. . . again, JMO.

We're at a holding pattern once again without explanation, frustation sets in and I can't imagine how Travis' family feels or can endure such a feat. . .it is an all around travesty. :(

Didn't the Judge call a 20 min recess today suddenly. I think I read that on twitter. If so maybe it had to do with what is happening with cancelling court for the next few days.

You know how you get a mass mailing and you click on "reply to all", is it possible that this is what she is referring to?

It's also possible that a virus got addresses from his address book and sent emails to ALL the addresses in the book. I keep getting email from my son and it goes to several of my email accounts; it also goes to my sister's accounts. The subject says "From Firstname Last Initial." First off, my son would NEVER send an email with a subject like that. He would also never send me an email with contents consisting solely of a link. This happens every couple of months, it seems. I've gotten oddly worded subjects and messages from others who would never send emails like that. It happens.

Younger members of the jury are likely more than familiar with the ins and outs of emails, spam, mass mailings, viruses, etc. It's not so clear that the witness is. I thought I saw a tweet saying that the woman was elderly (of course, elderly can be in the eye of the beholder; my Mom said a late-teens neighbor had once, quite seriously, referred to HER as elderly; Mom was in her 20s at the time).

Could there be a mistrial because of Jodi Arias giving Jodi Arias ineffective counsel??

Just got back from Interstellar...interesting.

Another delay, what else is new?? Next week being a Holiday week will probably only be 2 days. Why is this low life killer getting so many delays? Wish this case was in Texas.

Jews will have funerals immediately. It's traditional that we bury right away. Could've been a juror's family member.
Wouldn't they bring an alternate if death were the case?

Could there be a mistrial because of Jodi Arias giving Jodi Arias ineffective counsel??

Just got back from Interstellar...interesting.

For the time when Jodi was her own attorney (which was not that long), I think we saw that question answered that NO they cant claim ineffective cousel from themselves.
There may be some other loophole though of course.

She does have a good argument for ineffictive cousel from her current attorneys. :)

From what I can remember Jodi claimed she was there helping Travis put Christmas decorations away in the attic (except that is not where Travis kept them) and she saw the picture of the boy. As it turns out between her journal and texting she had been working until 5pm that day and stayed until 6pm. Travis left for his meeting at 6pm and when he returned he asked her to return his car. She said she was too tired. So she never saw him that day, at all. jmo

On February 21, 2013, Jodi Arias was on the stand for a ninth day on Trial1 Day 21. I had to refresh my memory with youtube about how she forgot the angel decoration he gave her, and came back to the house to find Travis with a paper photo that fluttered to the floor.

I always thought the angel part was an attempt to make her sound extra pure and innocent like it was written for the movies.

At what point do these professional so called experts ethics are called into question, seems they are able to cross the line and not be held accountable. How can they offer opinions based on lies and uncorroborrated evidence, especially in a penalty phase where the defendant is a convicted felon. It is beyond anything I can comprehend and defies logic, makes no sense to me. . . again, JMO.

We're at a holding pattern once again without explanation, frustation sets in and I can't imagine how Travis' family feels or can endure such a feat. . .it is an all around travesty. :(
Agreed. I don't see any of this having anything to do with the sentencing phase.

I just know that Juan will destroy this witness. I just wish I can watch it live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub