Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me. And LinasK. :floorlaugh:

But I love you guys anyway. Just be comforted by the fact that, while you're over here thinking the judge is biased against JM because she rules against him on all matters of style and form, the JA supporters are over there thinking the judge is biased against JA because she rules against the defense on every single substantive motion ever since the day she was appointed to this case.

My disclaimer: My brother's a lawyer, thanks AZ!

rut roh somebunnys going to need a new wrist brace.. denied x a gazillion.

I just read the whole thing LinasK. I cannot and will not apologize for criticism I have had against this judge but I will give you this...she covered every angle and shot down every motion. Good for her. It is about time.

She still left a TON of wiggle room for the mitigation witnesses, if we EVER get there.

JSS did not write one word about the crap allegations levelled against Flores today. Not one word.

It was not a part of the motions currently in front of her. She did add John Smith's testimony from today.

Correct. Nurmi needs to write up a new motion to dismiss for Flores's misconduct of breaking into an evidence room in the middle of the night to look at *advertiser censored* on a computer that was evidence in a capital murder case and then delete it. And somehow use up to 3 USB devices in the process. And then he probably texted his wife since it was after 11 pm and he's a pervert.

Yes WHO knew? :sigh:

And MeeBee of course lol.

JSS did not write one word about the crap allegations levelled against Flores today. Not one word.
She did include prosecutorial misconduct,*advertiser censored*, and Flores's testimony in today's smackdown, so what makes you think she will rule any differently on those?

"Prosecutorial misconduct sufficient to justify reversal must be so pronounced and persistent that it permeates
the entire atmosphere of the trial."

I mean, come the hell on Nurmi.

Someone needs to take the Thesaurus away from Jodi. Just Sayin'.

She's made this an air-tight verdict by doing so, letting the COA have the final word on Jodi's secrecy, but the DT can't come back and say you didn't let Jodi have her privacy. She knew how it would look.

But I cannot stress enough how bad this looks to a jury that a judge allows the defense and the murderer to control that courtroom. It couldn't be lost on them. And they do not know about this ruling. So will it affect their decision in sentencing? I just don't know. I will wait until this is over and we hear from them.

Please don't lump all our objections to JSS together. Its dismissive and patronizing. Not all of us are critical of her for the same reasons. I never said or thought she is anti-JM or pro JA or any such.

I object to her --today with great vehemence- -for having such poor control of herself and of her courtroom. Period.

Amen. Couldn't be stated better.

"This was a long trial, covered by the media from gavel to
gavel
. Every action of the defendant, the attorneys, the victim family members, the
witnesses, the court, and court staff were subjected to intense and constant scrutiny."

JSS knows about y'all.
I, personally, never doubted her for a second.

Excuse me, while I go edit some comments.

But I cannot stress enough how bad this looks to a jury that a judge allows the defense and the murderer to control that courtroom. It couldn't be lost on them. And they do not know about this ruling. So will it affect their decision in sentencing? I just don't know. I will wait until this is over and we hear from them.

Shouldn't affect the jury at all. They don't know about the DT's allegations. She has to give wide latitude to the Defense Team in this phase because it's the Death Penalty. The stakes are so high. Personally, I wouldn't have any trouble voting for the DP for Jodi and I used to be Anti-DP.

But I love you guys anyway. Just be comforted by the fact that, while you're over here thinking the judge is biased against JM because she rules against him on all matters of style and form, the JA supporters are over there thinking the judge is biased against JA because she rules against the defense on every single substantive motion ever since the day she was appointed to this case.

I never doubted JSS on this! Yes..over there it's "she's an idiot", "biased", "conspiring with Flores and Martinez".

I didn't expect her to rule any different. I was and still am annoyed at the way she handled the whole retrial including secret sidebars/testimony though. But I can appreciate a good legal smackdown. :happydance:

Shouldn't affect the jury at all. They don't know about the DT's allegations. She has to give wide latitude to the Defense Team in this phase because it's the Death Penalty. The stakes are so high. Personally, I wouldn't have any trouble voting for the DP for Jodi and I used to be Anti-DP.

I personally don't think this will mean much to the jury in the end. All we kept hearing about today was how bored and frustrated they looked. I bet it was confusing.

Considering the judge said no pics etc. were found on the computer do you think the *advertiser censored* talk is over?

I didn't expect her to rule any different. I was and still am annoyed at the way she handled the whole retrial including secret sidebars/testimony though. But I can appreciate a good legal smackdown. :happydance:
:denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::gavel::gavel: How's that?

:twocents:

I know I will get criticism for this but it is truly my opinion:

JSS issued her ruling on the DP today only because she had to "save face."

JMO but I truly believe that "someone" with -- let's say "authority" -- no idea "who" -- had a talking to JSS and told her point blank to :

Get this show on the road ... you are wasting time and $$$ ... your courtroom and the Arizona courtrooms are the laughing stock of this country!

The public is outraged at the pace and unethical tactics that have gone on during this Re-Trial Phase in her courtroom, and rightfully so !

Yes, she DENIED the Motions, but that should have been nipped in the bud a long time ago !

She needs to quit catering to JA and her DT, she needs to demand that the defense witnesses respect Juan and everyone else in her courtroom, and she needs to put a halt to all these defense delay tactics !

And IF that ^^^^ does not happen, JSS will never regain any respect she once had.

All JMO and a big MOO !

I love you too. But a judge should have the backbone to rule without the COA or SC telling her how to do it. They would have backed her up on appeal anyway. Why make them do your job for you? I can't change my mind on that.

:denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::denied::gavel::gavel: How's that?

Let me go count the motion's that were denied, denied, denied. :happydance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members