Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Hughes got Travis's passwords after he died from the computer guy that ran the site they used for business.

While the investigation was going on or afterward? If while, it is like getting the house key from the petsitter to enter the house through the yellow crime scene tape.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 2m2 minutes ago
Motion to preclude Detective Smith's testimony has not been ruled on yet. #JodiArias

Personally, unless he has a Juanderful bombshell up his sleeve, I don't think his testimony is needed. Done deal IMO.

the defense is really really fighting his testimony. My best guess is there is some kinda bombshell

Was all that nonsense about Flores breaking into the evidence room in front of the jury or was most of that outside their presence?

That was in front of the jury.

Personally I think it was a question that was thrown in the box right near the beginning of the testimony and didn't make much sense. Probably not from anyone with a lot of computer knowledge?

MOO

That makes sense. I have no computer knowledge and didn't know how important this question was. Someone will post later about it or maybe Det Smith will bring it up. I don't care to hear anymore computer/*advertiser censored* discussion but I do hope JSS shuts down the defense and allows Det Smith to testify. JM must think it is important.

Not to mention numerous "decomp" pics.
Dismemberment, decapitation, no body trial conviction rates, femicide, filicide, various means of death, modus operandi, DNA, serology, hair and fiber analysis sites, various methods of concealing a dead body, links to weapons manufacturers, maps of body recovery locations and maps of last seen for the missing...

Like any of us has time for *advertiser censored*? ;)

While the investigation was going on or afterward? If while, it is like getting the house key from the petsitter to enter the house through the yellow crime scene tape.

He was probably poaching his customer files. IMHO, MOO, IMO. And then he went to the desert to destroy ancient rock formations.

:seeya: I'm back and I see it is the lunch break.

I can post Tweets when court resumes this afternoon.

So ... did I miss anything good ?

:seeya:

There have been many times where we have had or have gone to a party where there was a Mariachi band. They have played this song; it’s a great song to dance to. The kids love it. This DT has a need to ruin everything that is just normal to most of us.

While the investigation was ongoing, IIRC. Right after the murder. And ITA the Hughes stepped over the line SEVERAL times in this saga.

OK, techy members - what is this juror after?

IMO, what they're going for was either a juror with some computer knowledge testing to see if he knew the answer & answer honestly or if he'd fib, to blame a program or try be confusing (he answered honestly), or a juror who was confused (and probably still is).

So, I've read three different' versions of this question, all worded slightly differently -
Jen's made the most sense, and was something like:
Q 'Can Spybot or any other software add cookies to history?"
Brown: No.
Which would mean a juror was asking could or would SpyBot add a site to the history, if someone had never been there? No, it couldn't (because history doesn't exist till something happens).

I'll add that sounds correct, and tho SpyBot does add site urls to other areas, as a type of immunization - Brown said this earlier (and I'll add that has been my experience, I've used SpyBot - many times, years ago, but with WindowsXP - which is what TA had, and that's how it worked)

If I had to guess, I'd guess it was a juror testing his honesty, to see if he'd try to blame a program for something it could not possibly have done (which is actually a pretty smart question, and I hope I'm right) - he didn't do that (which is good).

But since I'm not certain exactly what the question was, (none of the tweets sounded verbatim, as all were slightly different - which also makes me tend to believe the ? was hard to repeat, and hence maybe from a tech savvy juror) - but because trial by tweet stinks, it's just a guess - IMO, JMO, and totally MOO (and I know, totally TMI :)

The Hughes got Travis's passwords after he died from the computer guy that ran the site they used for business.

Call your company's webmaster and see if you can get the password. If you can, find a new webmaster.

Make WS your homepage so LE knows what to expect and to CYA :) Between the bot fly searches, how to make chloroform searches and everything else we research while sleuthing other peoples crimes, there isn't a single person here whose computer wouldn't appear very suspicious. I even viewed JA's selfie *advertiser censored*.

FACT!

I remember this sort of convo on another thread. One poster said something to the effect that "if she dies suddenly her husband has instructions to wipe her hard drive."

:giggle:

But seriously, this site in particular lends itself to some pretty wacky, and often perverse Google searches. Hell, urban dictionary searches alone would make people raise their eyebrows.

Is there anyone here who knows for real what the juror question meant?

It seemed to go to whether malware detection/prevention software alters a computer's registry in such a way as to leave 'tracks' -- historically distinguishing between software- vs. human-initiated activity.

But this is trial reporting by Tweet, so it could mean anything or nothing and we'd never know.

Oh, and do any of us care whether MDLR was approached by a trial watcher

The curious ones might.

and do we have to keep reading the lyrics the song?? Really?

No; you may avert your gaze. Scrolling helps.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 27s 28 seconds ago
Detective Perry Smith is here waiting to see if he can testify #jodiarias #3tvarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 44s 45 seconds ago
Willmott wanted him removed while they argue their points #jodiarias #3tvarias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members